The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
I was going to ask for both. So that's awesome!

Option 1: for preset browse
Option 2: for designing an early and testing tails lr vice versa

Cool feature!
+1

Exactly my opinion
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
I’m curious how’s ilok authorization with this plugin. I’m so burnt, burnt, burnt …with ilok related problems that I simply gave up on some of the plugins that I already own. My studio computer is located in a building without any internet connection, and despite the fact that ilok supposed to make installations much more mobile, for me it is totally not the case. I described some of this hell in my flux/ilok disaster thread. Anyhow, I don’t mean to derail this discussion, but for me buying ilok plugins is analogues to a frozen bank account – it has the funds but you cannot use them.

Saying that, I’m unbelievably tempted to take this risk once again because I know the sound of this unit and it is definitely not redundant, even among all other existing VST reverbs.
Hi Sonic_Beast,

Just to let you know, we are working on an iLok dongle free option to use our plugins. It will still require the iLok License Manager installed on the computer where you want to use our plugins though - but still, one less hassle for you to deal with
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
Hi Sonic_Beast,

Just to let you know, we are working on an iLok dongle free option to use our plugins. It will still require the iLok License Manager installed on the computer where you want to use our plugins though - but still, one less hassle for you to deal with

Thank you very much for listening !
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Bought this on the 28th of December - still waiting for my iLok activation code and now the beta license has expired. Guess I'll have to use something else. Pity...
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Walsh View Post
Bought this on the 28th of December - still waiting for my iLok activation code and now the beta license has expired. Guess I'll have to use something else. Pity...
Contact ReLab support, surely they will sort this out asap.
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Contact ReLab support, surely they will sort this out asap.
Yip, already did and they're sorting it out
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Walsh View Post
Yip, already did and they're sorting it out
And hereby resent to your email address.

Have a great day!
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
And hereby resent to your email address.

Have a great day!
Talk about great support!! Thank you! Sorted...
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear
So I just got an email from TC Electronic and they are releasing a native version of their VSS3, which the VSR24 imitates. TC's native VSS3 is priced lower than Relab's VSR24.
Do any of you have experienced with the System 6000/Powercore/TDM version of the VSS3 and have also tried the VSR24? How does Relab's compare? Is it worth the extra money?
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

The VSR S24 is NOT an emulation of the VSS3.

The first reverb in the TC Electronic VSS series was the VSS3 which is a mono->stereo reverb. Later TC developed much more advance algorithms VSS4, VSS5 and VSS6 - these more advance multichannel reverbs could do way more calculation for early reflection and reverb than the first VSS3.

VSS4 is a stereo->stereo reverb with panning for ER.
VSS5 is the bigger brother of VSS4 for multichannel, but you can actually set it to stereo operation and keep the better features which VSS4 doesn't have.
VSS6 is a more generic version of VSS5 regarding ER, but way more advance reverberation part.

You could add the two numbers together in our product.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post

The first reverb in the TC Electronic VSS series was the VSS3 which is a mono->stereo reverb. Later TC developed much more advance algorithms VSS4, VSS5 and VSS6 - these more advance multichannel reverbs could do way more calculation for early reflection and reverb than the first VSS3.

VSS5 is the bigger brother of VSS4 for multichannel, but you can actually set it to stereo operation and keep the better features which VSS4 doesn't have.
VSS6 is a more generic version of VSS5 regarding ER, but way more advance reverberation part.

Yep !
Forget about the notion of "emulations" for a bit and just load up a trial of the two products simultaneously and compare. The VSR24 is in a league of it's own imho.
Old 11th January 2017
Quote:

So VSR S24 is inspired by VSS4 + VSS5?
Also are reverb engines A-E slightly different variations of what's set on the Reverb page
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Martin is the inspiration here. His products are not "inspired by". They are clones that are very carefully created using black box tools. Meaning that he does not steal codes and designs by internal inspection, rather he clones them by observing what they do to the audio presented to them.

For my money his clones are spot on.

In this case he has cloned the family of tc6000 reverbs which is far more advanced than the old VSS3 which was used in the TC3000.

Yes Martins work is worth more than any VSS3 clone.

-Casey
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Maniac
And the gui of the relab is better and can be tweaked better. With the TC I have too big steps when dragging with the mouse, and some lags, too.
Old 11th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Martin is the inspiration here. His products are not "inspired by". They are clones that are very carefully created using black box tools. Meaning that he does not steal codes and designs by internal inspection, rather he clones them by observing what they do to the audio presented to them.

For my money his clones are spot on.

In this case he has cloned the family of tc6000 reverbs which is far more advanced than the old VSS3 which was used in the TC3000.

Yes Martins work is worth more than any VSS3 clone.

-Casey
Agreed and I stand corrected!

So it's safe to say TC's new product has nothing to do with Relab's newest offerings.
Nice!
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
The last line of my previous post should have been a hint - unfortunately I'm bad at hints. But 'no' to your question.
Old 11th January 2017
Quote:
The last line of my previous post should have been a hint - unfortunately I'm bad at hints. But 'no' to your question.
hahaha! C'est la vie
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Addict

2+4=6?
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

OK, where does this upcoming VSR P4N come from, then?

Edit: found an answer in the old thread... more info welcome.

Last edited by antithesist; 11th January 2017 at 08:03 PM..
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
OK, where does this upcoming VSR P4N come from, then?
Skap - 1
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Addict

I have no doubt that the VSR S24 is a really great reverb, and way more advanced, I will be buying it for sure, but I don't think it would be right to say the TC VSS3 isn't worth having also, I think it has a character that sometimes works really well, To have both these plugins is very cool and covers a lot of ground.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Skap - 1
Right... you really are not good at hints.

Anybody care to decode?

Also, P4N?
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quick question. Sorry if it has been asked and answered already.
Do we get one or two authorisations per ilok license?
thanks
rsp
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Guessing P4N = PAN
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
Quick question. Sorry if it has been asked and answered already.
Do we get one or two authorisations per ilok license?
thanks
rsp
I got one authorization.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Thanks wolfger.
rsp
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
Right... you really are not good at hints.

Anybody care to decode?

Also, P4N?
I take it back... your hint is more than adequate once I noticed skap as a poster (make it me bad at hints).
Old 12th January 2017
Lives for gear

Oh wow machine authorization..... doh!

I already just purchased an ilok 3. Aww man oh well. This is my go to reverb on lead vox and thanks for the Facebook contest. I went crazy when I saw my name.....
Old 12th January 2017
Quote:
Actually it's an excellent hint
Old 12th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:

So it's a VSS6 clone? But isn't VSR S24 just stereo? Are there plans for multichannel?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search