Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1129518-relab-releases-vsr-s24-plug.html)

mpod 7th January 2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRW (Post 12358196)
I was going to ask for both. So that's awesome!

Option 1: for preset browse
Option 2: for designing an early and testing tails lr vice versa

Cool feature!

+1

Exactly my opinion

Ansbjerg 9th January 2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast (Post 12358608)
I’m curious how’s ilok authorization with this plugin. I’m so burnt, burnt, burnt …with ilok related problems that I simply gave up on some of the plugins that I already own. My studio computer is located in a building without any internet connection, and despite the fact that ilok supposed to make installations much more mobile, for me it is totally not the case. I described some of this hell in my flux/ilok disaster thread. Anyhow, I don’t mean to derail this discussion, but for me buying ilok plugins is analogues to a frozen bank account – it has the funds but you cannot use them.

Saying that, I’m unbelievably tempted to take this risk once again because I know the sound of this unit and it is definitely not redundant, even among all other existing VST reverbs.

Hi Sonic_Beast,

Just to let you know, we are working on an iLok dongle free option to use our plugins. It will still require the iLok License Manager installed on the computer where you want to use our plugins though - but still, one less hassle for you to deal with :)

Sonic_Beast 9th January 2017 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansbjerg (Post 12363305)
Hi Sonic_Beast,

Just to let you know, we are working on an iLok dongle free option to use our plugins. It will still require the iLok License Manager installed on the computer where you want to use our plugins though - but still, one less hassle for you to deal with :)

Thank you very much for listening !

Robin Walsh 11th January 2017 08:52 AM

Bought this on the 28th of December - still waiting for my iLok activation code and now the beta license has expired. Guess I'll have to use something else. Pity...

Beatworld 11th January 2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Walsh (Post 12368360)
Bought this on the 28th of December - still waiting for my iLok activation code and now the beta license has expired. Guess I'll have to use something else. Pity...

Contact ReLab support, surely they will sort this out asap.

Robin Walsh 11th January 2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatworld (Post 12368377)
Contact ReLab support, surely they will sort this out asap.

Yip, already did and they're sorting it out :)

Ansbjerg 11th January 2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Walsh (Post 12368387)
Yip, already did and they're sorting it out :)

And hereby resent to your email address.

Have a great day!

Robin Walsh 11th January 2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansbjerg (Post 12368415)
And hereby resent to your email address.

Have a great day!

Talk about great support!! Thank you! Sorted... :)

Squeegee 303 11th January 2017 04:23 PM

So I just got an email from TC Electronic and they are releasing a native version of their VSS3, which the VSR24 imitates. TC's native VSS3 is priced lower than Relab's VSR24.
Do any of you have experienced with the System 6000/Powercore/TDM version of the VSS3 and have also tried the VSR24? How does Relab's compare? Is it worth the extra money?

Warp69 11th January 2017 04:57 PM

The VSR S24 is NOT an emulation of the VSS3.

The first reverb in the TC Electronic VSS series was the VSS3 which is a mono->stereo reverb. Later TC developed much more advance algorithms VSS4, VSS5 and VSS6 - these more advance multichannel reverbs could do way more calculation for early reflection and reverb than the first VSS3.

VSS4 is a stereo->stereo reverb with panning for ER.
VSS5 is the bigger brother of VSS4 for multichannel, but you can actually set it to stereo operation and keep the better features which VSS4 doesn't have.
VSS6 is a more generic version of VSS5 regarding ER, but way more advance reverberation part.

You could add the two numbers together in our product.

eightyeightkeys 11th January 2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp69 (Post 12369075)

The first reverb in the TC Electronic VSS series was the VSS3 which is a mono->stereo reverb. Later TC developed much more advance algorithms VSS4, VSS5 and VSS6 - these more advance multichannel reverbs could do way more calculation for early reflection and reverb than the first VSS3.

VSS5 is the bigger brother of VSS4 for multichannel, but you can actually set it to stereo operation and keep the better features which VSS4 doesn't have.
VSS6 is a more generic version of VSS5 regarding ER, but way more advance reverberation part.

Yep !
Forget about the notion of "emulations" for a bit and just load up a trial of the two products simultaneously and compare. The VSR24 is in a league of it's own imho.

henge 11th January 2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

So VSR S24 is inspired by VSS4 + VSS5?
Also are reverb engines A-E slightly different variations of what's set on the Reverb page

Casey 11th January 2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henge (Post 12369230)

Martin is the inspiration here. His products are not "inspired by". They are clones that are very carefully created using black box tools. Meaning that he does not steal codes and designs by internal inspection, rather he clones them by observing what they do to the audio presented to them.

For my money his clones are spot on.

In this case he has cloned the family of tc6000 reverbs which is far more advanced than the old VSS3 which was used in the TC3000.

Yes Martins work is worth more than any VSS3 clone.

peachh

-Casey

folkfreak 11th January 2017 07:14 PM

And the gui of the relab is better and can be tweaked better. With the TC I have too big steps when dragging with the mouse, and some lags, too.

henge 11th January 2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey (Post 12369288)
Martin is the inspiration here. His products are not "inspired by". They are clones that are very carefully created using black box tools. Meaning that he does not steal codes and designs by internal inspection, rather he clones them by observing what they do to the audio presented to them.

For my money his clones are spot on.

In this case he has cloned the family of tc6000 reverbs which is far more advanced than the old VSS3 which was used in the TC3000.

Yes Martins work is worth more than any VSS3 clone.

peachh

-Casey

Agreed and I stand corrected!kfhkh

So it's safe to say TC's new product has nothing to do with Relab's newest offerings.
Nice!

Warp69 11th January 2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henge (Post 12369230)

The last line of my previous post should have been a hint - unfortunately I'm bad at hints. But 'no' to your question.

henge 11th January 2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp69 (Post 12369426)
The last line of my previous post should have been a hint - unfortunately I'm bad at hints. But 'no' to your question.

hahaha! C'est la vie kfhkh

Skap 11th January 2017 07:47 PM

2+4=6?

antithesist 11th January 2017 07:47 PM

OK, where does this upcoming VSR P4N come from, then?

Edit: found an answer in the old thread... more info welcome.

Warp69 11th January 2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antithesist (Post 12369443)
OK, where does this upcoming VSR P4N come from, then?

Skap - 1

Rico Sergeant 11th January 2017 08:03 PM

I have no doubt that the VSR S24 is a really great reverb, and way more advanced, I will be buying it for sure, but I don't think it would be right to say the TC VSS3 isn't worth having also, I think it has a character that sometimes works really well, To have both these plugins is very cool and covers a lot of ground.

antithesist 11th January 2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp69 (Post 12369478)
Skap - 1

Right... you really are not good at hints.

Anybody care to decode?

Also, P4N?

zvenx 11th January 2017 08:56 PM

Quick question. Sorry if it has been asked and answered already.
Do we get one or two authorisations per ilok license?
thanks
rsp

antithesist 11th January 2017 09:04 PM

Guessing P4N = PAN

wolfger 11th January 2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zvenx (Post 12369591)
Quick question. Sorry if it has been asked and answered already.
Do we get one or two authorisations per ilok license?
thanks
rsp

I got one authorization.

zvenx 11th January 2017 10:46 PM

Thanks wolfger.
rsp

antithesist 11th January 2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antithesist (Post 12369520)
Right... you really are not good at hints.

Anybody care to decode?

Also, P4N?

I take it back... your hint is more than adequate once I noticed skap as a poster (make it me bad at hints).

Patrick_ 12th January 2017 01:54 AM

Oh wow machine authorization..... doh!

I already just purchased an ilok 3. Aww man oh well. This is my go to reverb on lead vox and thanks for the Facebook contest. I went crazy when I saw my name.....

henge 12th January 2017 05:11 AM

Quote:

Actually it's an excellent hint

Virtuoso 12th January 2017 05:42 AM

Quote:

So it's a VSS6 clone? But isn't VSR S24 just stereo? Are there plans for multichannel?