The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 31st December 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
There's no doubt the preset system could be better and this WILL change. We already have a working drop down system in place for internal testing (and it's mighty ugly right now) and we will update our plugins asap.
Don't forget to update Relab 480 too.
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiKi View Post
Don't forget to update Relab 480 too.
+1 - current preset browsing is not good on both plugins (imo). Looking forward for update. Please add favorite function.
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
Google VSS 3/4 and System 6000 if you are interested to know more on what to expect from this plugin (or hardware). Practically you are hearing this reverb in i dare to say 80% of all production especially in movies.

Cheers
Your "say 80% of all production especially in Movies" is way, way off.
It's more like 40% if that. The other choices for my fellow Re-Recording
Mixers are Lexicon 480 and 960, and plugins like R2 and Phoenix, Revibe,
etc. It really depends if the Post Mixers are "in the Box" or mixing Traditional.
This is not saying the TC 6000 isn't used quite a bit. When I was mixing in TDM Pro Tools I loved the TC VSS3. The rooms sounded amazing. Come next week I will download the 30 day demo of this plug in and see if it compliments all my other Plug in reverbs. I'm a full "Mix in the Box" Post guy and have been for 14 years with 23 years prior to that mixing traditional with outboard gear such as Lexicon and H3000 etc. I use the Relab 480 and like it a lot.
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Holly cow, this thing is unreal
Old 2nd January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledoodler View Post
This thing is a hog, yea.
After further testing, the Audio Units is much more CPU intensive than the VST version. With that being said, Relab hit the ball out of the park with this reverb! Phenomenal!!!
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Maniac

cant wait them to do a sony dre 2000 and emt 250
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
There's no doubt the preset system could be better and this WILL change. We already have a working drop down system in place for internal testing (and it's mighty ugly right now) and we will update our plugins asap.
That will be great! However please allow users to delete or move the order of the presets.
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

I experienced something unpleasant while using the VSR S24 yesterday.

On a mono audio track (44.1/16) I inserted a mono>stereo instance while the track was playing.

I immediately got a high pitched squealing sound out of the right channel.
I had to mute and stop the track asap.

It was so severe I was concerned that I might have blown a tweeter, but thankfully it seems to be ok.

Obviously I'm never going to try that again !
I wonder if it's a problem with the mono>stereo function?

Usually I run this on a stereo aux send with no similar issues.

On this occasion I was just wanting to very quickly audition some reverb on a mono piano track.

Be careful.
Old 2nd January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.sound View Post
etc. It really depends if the Post Mixers are "in the Box" or mixing Traditional.
This is not saying the TC 6000 isn't used quite a bit. When I was mixing in TDM Pro Tools I loved the TC VSS3. The rooms sounded amazing. Come next week I will download the 30 day demo of this plug in and see if it compliments all my other Plug in reverbs. I'm a full "Mix in the Box" Post guy and have been for 14 years with 23 years prior to that mixing traditional with outboard gear such as Lexicon and H3000 etc. I use the Relab 480 and like it a lot.
Looking at your imdb profile you know what you're talking about, thats a nice set of movies you've worked on. I've seen (heard) plenty of your work.
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
I experienced something unpleasant while using the VSR S24 yesterday.

On a mono audio track (44.1/16) I inserted a mono>stereo instance while the track was playing.

I immediately got a high pitched squealing sound out of the right channel.
I had to mute and stop the track asap.

It was so severe I was concerned that I might have blown a tweeter, but thankfully it seems to be ok.

Obviously I'm never going to try that again !
I wonder if it's a problem with the mono>stereo function?

Usually I run this on a stereo aux send with no similar issues.

On this occasion I was just wanting to very quickly audition some reverb on a mono piano track.

Be careful.
can confirm this behaviour!!! very dangerous! please fix it
Old 3rd January 2017
From what I've heard so far this reverb sounds fantastic! Good to hear that you are working on machine based copy protection as I don't like ILok dongles. Might go for this one once that is worked out! Really impressed by it.
Old 3rd January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfger View Post
can confirm this behaviour!!! very dangerous! please fix it
Thank you for reporting and warning us, sounds really like a bug.

I know that the guys at Relab are really working hard at the moment (new preset browsing system, new products and updates, an own support forum...)and are not so often here.
So I suggest that you contact their support at Relab Development │ FAQ and report it there. Please to do us a favour. I can confirm that they are really responding fast there.
The faster they know it, it the faster we get a fix
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.sound View Post
Sorry if i wasn't clear (English is no my natural language) i did not mean to say that 80% of time TC6000 is used in movie i was speaking generally in all movies. TC 6000 existed decade before most of these plugins you mentioned. Even tho 80% is just fictional number i imagined in my head and should be taken with grain of salt. A lot of movies existed way before TC6000 etc. I said it based on popularity in modern postproduction.

Try plugin and let us members know what you think i am genuinely curious about your opinion.

All the best and happy new year.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

I can actually say without any reservation, this is IMHO by faaaar the best reverb plugin there is. And I have basically all of them (Exponential, Lexicon, Valhalla, 2C Audio, UAD). This simply is another world, how this thing sits in the mix being clear without muddying the mix and without any needed equalisation. I am amazed. Superb work, Relab.
Old 4th January 2017
Here for the gear

I've got one question to developers - do you drop 480 forever?
Old 4th January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Why such a question ? There were some updates just lately
Old 4th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
We have absolutely no intention of dropping one of the very best reverbs, on the contrary. LX480 will receive many (many) updates in the future, including new preset system, algorithms etc.

All new updates which are not reverb specific (like the new preset system and machine authorization) will be shared between all of our products.
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompaz View Post
So I suggest that you contact their support at Relab Development │ FAQ and report it there. Please to do us a favour. The faster they know it, it the faster we get a fix
ReLab say the problem is fixed in the next version, which will be released very soon.
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Head

---== Relab Poll ==---

Relab Development wants your opinion today!

Dear all!

We have a split situation regarding the new "lock function" in terms of what to lock and what not to lock. Let me explain...
We have two options to what the Early and Reverb part should lock, setting wise. (As Dry is only level + mute it will only have these functions: level lock and mute lock).

[1] Lock function for Early and/or Reverb only locks level + mute. So when locked it is only volume and on/off (mute) that is locked but settings will change when browsing presets.
[2] Lock function for Early and/or Reverb locks everything in that particular category. This means level, mute plus settings for Early and/or Reverb. So if you lock f.ex. Early and browse presets, the entire Early setup/setting will stay unchanged and only Reverb settings will change (and Dry if not locked).

I hope I have explained it well enough - otherwise ask.

You can only choose ONE of the above options. How would you like the lock function to work? As option [1] or option [2] ?

Simply reply "Option [1]" or "Option [2]" in this thread and we will count the replies later today and let you guys decide how the VSR S24 lock option should function.

(Two versions included in each link).
Win versions: VSR S24 lock win
Mac versions: VSR S24 lock mac

Looking forward for your replies!
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

When I read what the 2 options did I thought I would want Option[1] for certain.
After playing around with both, Option [2] is kind of interesting.

But option [2] does not work for browsing factory presets.

So my vote is for Option [1]
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
When I read what the 2 options did I thought I would want Option[1] for certain.
After playing around with both, Option [2] is kind of interesting.

But option [2] does not work for browsing factory presets.

So my vote is for Option [1]
No the idea with option [2] is if you lock f.ex. Reverb, browsing the presets will only change Early - so you keep all the Reverb settings while browsing for a desired Early setting.

Option [1] will only lock level+mute but still change all settings when browsing presets.

Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
No the idea with option [2] is if you lock f.ex. Reverb, browsing the presets will only change Early - so you keep all the Reverb settings while browsing for a desired Early setting.

Option [1] will only lock level+mute but still change all settings when browsing presets.

Yes I understand that in Option [1] all the settings will change when browsing presets. That is the best idea if you want to hear a preset with all the intended settings

As I said, I think option [2] is interesting.
Your example for a use for Option [2] highlights that, lock Reverb settings and browse for a desired Early setting.
Great idea.

In a perfect world it would be great if you could offer option [1] AND option [2].
Maybe give the Lock buttons 3 positions, off, option [1] and option [2].

Old 6th January 2017
Gear Nut

Well, this needed some thinking. And, upon giving some thinking, I tend to agree with Beatworld on this. Option 2 is actually interesting. But, for practical purposes and work, I think I would choose Option 1. Without Option 1, it would be harder to operate the tool, IMO.

But I'd really love to have Option 2 in addition to Option 1
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Do I understand it right that while locking with Option 1 still the ER/LR ratio, EQ settings etc would change with any new loading? Then Option 2 for me please, I would prefer to test different ER models but keep my settings.
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Head

Just because we care!

Believe it or not but we have created a double lock function for Early and Reverb due to the request of both options.
This means that the lock button now has 2 functions (besides being off of course).

Option 0 = lock button off
Option 1 = only locks level+mute.
Option 2 = (click lock button again) locks all settings for Early and/or Reverb.

Win: VSR S24 win with double lock functionality
Mac: VSR S24 mac with double lock functionality

Please try it out and let me know what you think. Please give us some feedback

Have a great day and weekend!
Old 6th January 2017
TRW
Lives for gear

I was going to ask for both. So that's awesome!

Option 1: for preset browse
Option 2: for designing an early and testing tails lr vice versa

Cool feature!
Old 7th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
I was going to ask for both. So that's awesome!

Option 1: for preset browse
Option 2: for designing an early and testing tails lr vice versa

Cool feature!
Yep. Why settle with one if you can have both?
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

I’m curious how’s ilok authorization with this plugin. I’m so burnt, burnt, burnt …with ilok related problems that I simply gave up on some of the plugins that I already own. My studio computer is located in a building without any internet connection, and despite the fact that ilok supposed to make installations much more mobile, for me it is totally not the case. I described some of this hell in my flux/ilok disaster thread. Anyhow, I don’t mean to derail this discussion, but for me buying ilok plugins is analogues to a frozen bank account – it has the funds but you cannot use them.

Saying that, I’m unbelievably tempted to take this risk once again because I know the sound of this unit and it is definitely not redundant, even among all other existing VST reverbs.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

ilok is no problem here.
Wait ... I accidentally disabled the Bonjour service once and then the ilok driver did not work any more. But I found exactly the solution in the ilok faq. Other than that, no problem.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
Just because we care!

Believe it or not but we have created a double lock function for Early and Reverb due to the request of both options.
This means that the lock button now has 2 functions (besides being off of course).

Option 0 = lock button off
Option 1 = only locks level+mute.
Option 2 = (click lock button again) locks all settings for Early and/or Reverb.

Win: VSR S24 win with double lock functionality
Mac: VSR S24 mac with double lock functionality

Please try it out and let me know what you think. Please give us some feedback

Have a great day and weekend!
Nice work, thanks.

The different colour backgrounds on the lock buttons to distinguish between option 1 and option 2 is an elegant solution for that issue.

cheers
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search