The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 23rd December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
Yes. Normal price is $229 for VSR S24 and the "bundle upgrade" is $170 where you get VSR S24 if you are a LX480 Complete owner. Hence the $59 difference.

Have a great evening!
Ahh now I get it!!lol
Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnhard View Post
a discount for XL480 Complete owners would be nice....
Why? You own a completely different product and want a discount on a new product?
Old 23rd December 2016
Gear Addict

Excellent price for such a professional tool. Will demo asap but I miss my m3000 so it'll probably be a "must-buy". Also a proud owner of lx480 so that makes the bundle upgrade price a no-brainer
Old 24th December 2016
Lives for gear

Thius thing is wow just... Wow!
Old 24th December 2016
How is CPU on this compared to the LX?
Old 24th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomcenter View Post
How is CPU on this compared to the LX?
I haven't done a detailed comparison but, it's fair to say that the VSR S24 does pack quite a CPU load.
It is not light on CPU, put it that way.

Worth it though, in my opinion.
Old 24th December 2016
Installed demo. Very nice sound, but nothing I cant achieve with Phoenix, R2 and Valhalla Vintage which I already own. So I will skip, especially that the price is high.
Old 24th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibralux View Post
Installed demo. Very nice sound, but nothing I cant achieve with Phoenix, R2 and Valhalla Vintage which I already own. So I will skip, especially that the price is high.
Wow...ER patterns alone are like COMPLETELY different on VSR and non of the reverbs you mentioned can give you that tuning in ER. None. I know this since i have all plugins you listed (love reverb fx, btw love Phoenix but i see it's strength in other areas). Did you tried to jump on other VSR screens?

I am starting to be under impression that these days people mostly play reverb by listening decay on few presets and then they just say - it's same as everything else.

imo ER engine is what is most important thing when designing realistic space design. Even though modulation on VSR is to my ear very different to mentioned reverbs so that gives me another puzzle how people think this is same.

Start to mix, give it a listen then you realize all good things in amazing ER engine and how this plugin unbelievably wrap itself in 3D mix position and it's instruments - unlike any other plugin. My guess is that's why TC became so popular.

Another hard test (nonsense test but there you'll hear difference) - try to put your complete mix in 100% wet with this plugin and others mentioned with as possible as same room design. And then tell me which one retain instruments character better - again i am aware this is nonsense test but at least it will give you impression of particular reverb character.

Phantomcenter - in my system VSR is as much as x3 times more CPU hungry then LX480. A lot if you ask me.

Guys - happy holidays - love
Old 24th December 2016
I tried it on vocals, percussion elements and some synths. I am not saying that VSR sounds the same as the mentioned plugins. I am just
saying that for my purposes I am all set as all the areas that I need to cover, are covered with what I have. Of course VSR sounds different and
it sounds very nice. I like it. I just dont see a reason to spend so much money on a plugin that I dont really need.
Old 24th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standstraight View Post
Why? You own a completely different product and want a discount on a new product?
...because he offers a bundle price if you buy both....otherwise you would be right.
Old 24th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibralux View Post
I tried it on vocals, percussion elements and some synths. I am not saying that VSR sounds the same as the mentioned plugins. I am just
saying that for my purposes I am all set as all the areas that I need to cover, are covered with what I have. Of course VSR sounds different and
it sounds very nice. I like it. I just dont see a reason to spend so much money on a plugin that I dont really need.
Ahh ok sorry for not getting you. I was under impression you think this is sameish. I see i was wrong. All the best and merry Christmas to you and everyone here.
Old 25th December 2016
Probably I should phrase it differently, but yeah - thats what I meant. ;-) All the best.

m
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

Man...... this plugin on lead vocals is just drool worthy. Love it!!!!!
Old 29th December 2016
Here for the gear

tested it and bought it It sounds really amazing on drums and gives me very small but "wide" modern sounding rooms.
for me this is THE reverb release of 2016
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Better then slates verb classics? Our fab filter reverb? Just seeing if in already have those of this is worth getting?
Old 29th December 2016
Here for the gear

Must admit that I am not a big fan or impulse responses cause I like to tweak if I need it. It is like using a rompler instead of a synth And I wasn't impressed by the sound so I ended up buying Reverberate at black friday sale at half the price to get some Bricasti vibe. Even Nimbus didn't catch me really, Adaptiverb which is of course great was too specialized for me. This is of course just my personal meaning.
BUT: I would really suggest you to try out VSR S24, take some time and compare it yourself to what you have already in your arsenal. this is the hollywood blockbuster reverb
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

I really don't wanna test it cuz i don't wanna buy it, because my wife told be if i but anymore music equipment this year we divorcing and i don't really wanna testt my luck and find out if she was just Being sarcastic or not....lol......oh wait what the hell a great reverb only comes around once and i can move to Utah and buy multiple wives lol. about to hunt down a demo and see what all the hoopla is about.

Last edited by trevon; 29th December 2016 at 08:49 PM..
Old 29th December 2016
Here for the gear

luckily this year is very fast over...
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

I may go ahead and buy this on the first that way her threat is null and void lol.
Old 29th December 2016
Here for the gear

haha lol. In the meantime you can check the betatest "reviews" of a lot of members here:

Relab VSR S24
Old 30th December 2016
Do you still need a physical iLok for relab products or can you activate to a computer like many vendors allow?
Old 30th December 2016
Gear Nut

It appears to be iLok only. (At least, when demoing, I didn't find a way of authorizing it to the computer.)
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
Do you still need a physical iLok for relab products or can you activate to a computer like many vendors allow?
All Relab products require the iLok dongle. Some software vendors do allow hard drive authorization, but many do not. I've talked with more than one who said that the hard drive authorization was less secure.

Fortunately the new iLok 3 fits on my keychain (finally) and I'll always have it plugged in anyway.
Old 30th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynick View Post
All Relab products require the iLok dongle. Some software vendors do allow hard drive authorization, but many do not. I've talked with more than one who said that the hard drive authorization was less secure.

Fortunately the new iLok 3 fits on my keychain (finally) and I'll always have it plugged in anyway.
Too bad, I've noticed that I nowadays often don't carry the dongle around anymore as most of the vendors I use offer authorization without iLok dongle also. Lexicon and Relab seem to be the only that don't allow, out of my plugins.

The VSR S24 reverb sounds pretty damn good tho. Very detailed and clean.
Old 30th December 2016
This isn't exactly a complaint, but rather an honest question. Why does Relab use a file based preset system? I keep clicking the preset name and waiting for a drop down menu. There must be a rational reason as I can't think of anyone else who uses such. With reverbs I'm more of a preset user rather than doing own presets from scratch.
Old 30th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
I haven't done a detailed comparison but, it's fair to say that the VSR S24 does pack quite a CPU load.
It is not light on CPU, put it that way.

Worth it though, in my opinion.
This thing is a hog, yea.
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
As of now - it does need an iLok dongle. We're actively looking into machine authorization so a physical iLok is not necessary in the future. I can't promise the change in January, since we need to test the procedure, but we will implement machine authorization.
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
This isn't exactly a complaint, but rather an honest question. Why does Relab use a file based preset system? I keep clicking the preset name and waiting for a drop down menu. There must be a rational reason as I can't think of anyone else who uses such. With reverbs I'm more of a preset user rather than doing own presets from scratch.
There's no doubt the preset system could be better and this WILL change. We already have a working drop down system in place for internal testing (and it's mighty ugly right now) and we will update our plugins asap.
Old 30th December 2016
Thanks for replying, very good news in both cases.
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
There's no doubt the preset system could be better and this WILL change. We already have a working drop down system in place for internal testing (and it's mighty ugly right now) and we will update our plugins asap.
Great!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search