The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 8th May 2018
Gear Maniac

I had a full paid license for LX480. On the top of it I bought a subscription and got VSR24 more than a year ago. I really like how their reverbs sound so I thought it is reasonable to pay once a month to help them to be more stable and develop more great plugins.

I'm fine even now as I assume I'm still "paying" for VSR 24. Lack of communication though is bad, even Slate with all his delays is keeping us informed. I think they lost the guy who was coding Space Station, but I'm not sure. So, if somebody would chime in and tell what's going on it would be a right thing to do.
Old 9th May 2018
Gear Addict

I hope Martin and company are alright. I've been looking forward to P4N and the SST for ages and have contacted them a few times asking about updates.
Old 9th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
I think they lost the guy who was coding Space Station, but I'm not sure.
They were at Musikmesse, they are all fine i think.
Old 9th May 2018
Gear Maniac

I’m very glad to hear they are fine, they are great developers.

It’s a business on other hand and we are customers - communicate!
Old 9th May 2018
Lives for gear

With 2 products and major updates few and far between, most perpetual subscribers will end up 'buying' these reverbs several times over.
Old 13th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Yeah, some fresh info would be welcome, as it's my favorite and most used reverb
Old 16th May 2018
Gear Addict

I heard back from them. They're still working on VSR S24 updates (ER filtering improvements, surround features) before finishing P4N, which will use the some of the same new features.

No word on the SST or an ETA for updates yet.
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

Man, I've been looking for that P4N plugin for what seems like forever now. Really looking forward to that one.
Old 21st May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
Man, I've been looking for that P4N plugin for what seems like forever now. Really looking forward to that one.
It may be worth the wait. And it sounds like the extra features for S24 v2 will take that one to a new level (it's not just a preset/maintenance update). Apparently the sound is so different that it will be released as a separate plugin.

Hopefully these are coming sooner than later.
Old 5th June 2018
Here for the gear

Can someone please tell me, what the manual means for the position modes front and rear in the ER section?
The manual says in „Rear“-mode that the signal is BEHIND the listener....so not to compare with far setting?
Old 5th August 2018
Lives for gear

Does it bug anybody else that when using as insert (sound design), it is incredibly difficult to change wet/dry balance once you get a sound you like? Consider making 'early' and 'reverb' gang-able with a modifier key to be able to move simultaneously while keep same level relationship to each other . Even 'dry' having an inverse relationship with 'early/reverb' would be helpful.

If this functionality is already baked in please someone enlighten me
Old 26th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Any news on the update?
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
I heard back from them. They're still working on VSR S24 updates (ER filtering improvements, surround features) before finishing P4N, which will use the some of the same new features.

No word on the SST or an ETA for updates yet.
This was over 4 months ago. I checked their site for updates just yesterday. Nuffin'. Remember when Relab posted here stating that an update was just about to be released. I believe that was many pages back.
Old 27th September 2018
Gear Maniac

They’re gonna have a booth at AES convention, maybe all will happen over there? I hope so.
Old 28th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoM View Post
Can someone please tell me, what the manual means for the position modes front and rear in the ER section?
The manual says in „Rear“-mode that the signal is BEHIND the listener....so not to compare with far setting?
I haven't used the plugin that often yet, since it doesn't run on my old studio computer, and I own a TC System 6000, so I don't know the plugin that well.

The VSS6 on the System 6000 is a surround reverb, so it might be that this is the sound of the surround channels. In the S6000, you can use the surround back channels as normal stereo channels, which gives you a "back of the hall" reverb sound. It can be a good alternative to the front speakers sound.
Old 30th September 2018
Gear Nut

if anyone from relab is still out there and reads this thread could you please PM me. i have been trying to get in touch with you for months with no success. i have sent a msg thru yr website contact page, and have also tried to register on yr support system but that doesn't seem to be working as confirmation emails never come thru.
Old 22nd October 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
Hello everyone,

I see there are a few posts regarding Gobbler and subscription issues. We (the Relab team) would like to encourage anyone that has any billing issues or misunderstandings with Gobbler, to send us a detailed description about the issue/situation, so that we may help in the matter. You are always welcome to post here or send us an email directly.

Wish you all a great day!
Hi Ansbjerg, friends of Relab!

I'm trying to contact you through Support, without success!
Old 22nd October 2018
Lives for gear

ReLab have been working on a new Gold Plate plug-in with Kush, being released on 31 October.
Maybe they have been busy/focused on that.
Old 23rd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
ReLab have been working on a new Gold Plate plug-in with Kush, being released on 31 October.
Maybe they have been busy/focused on that.
No doubt, but abandoning existing customers and products while developing new ones doesn't promote confidence to current owners who might be interested in their upcoming released. Ages ago we were promised a Presets update to address the clumsiness of preset selection but there's been nothing for quite awhile. At least Kush is involved in this new thing.
Old 23rd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
No doubt, but abandoning existing customers and products while developing new ones doesn't promote confidence to current owners who might be interested in their upcoming released. Ages ago we were promised a Presets update to address the clumsiness of preset selection but there's been nothing for quite awhile. At least Kush is involved in this new thing.
Yeah for sure, I think their prolonged absence/silence regarding when the new promised preset system will drop is not on.
Just threw this out there for anyone who didn't know as it offers some explanation as to what seems to have been their priority.
Old 23rd October 2018
Gear Maniac

It will be sad if Relab instead delivering on their promises to existing subscribers switched to developing a new products with other companies.

This new product won’t be available to subscribers while they are funding and pay for development time.
Old 23rd October 2018
Lives for gear

I happen to know, for sure, that the Relab folks are indeed working away on updates to existing products.

I cant comment as to why any customer support issues may have fallen thru the cracks. I would reach out via their website.

Old 23rd October 2018
Gear Nut

I have tried to contact them thru their website, and their support system, many many times. no reply.
Old 25th October 2018
Gear Maniac

It's my favourite reverb, shame about the lack of communication.
Old 25th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
I happen to know, for sure, that the Relab folks are indeed working away on updates to existing products.
I don't doubt that they're tinkering with it, but we've been hearing about inevitable updates for month and months, or is it up to a year now?
Old 25th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I don't doubt that they're tinkering with it, but we've been hearing about inevitable updates for month and months, or is it up to a year now?
its over a year
Old 25th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
its over a year
Wow
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Yep not good at all!
Old 17th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
Rest assured, we are working on a new preset system for all of our plugins to accommodate the public demands.
But it just never worked out?

(20 moons later)
Old 17th November 2018
Gear Addict

The new preset system is ready and works great!(iam beta tester)..i guess that the new version ll be released soon.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search