The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 20th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
The EMT emulation (DVR-2) in System 6000 is a separate algorithm and has nothing to do with VSS6. So the answer to your question is unfortunately no.

The TC M3000 does not have the DVR-2 (EMT 250 emulation) - the M4000 does have it, but I don't know if the algorithms from S6000 and M4000 (don't have one) are identical.
Off topic, but can't help it...

VSR P4N... When!?
Old 20th August 2017
Lives for gear

After the forth coming updates for VSR S24 and LX480.

I know it has taken abit longer than anticipated, but VSR S24 will receive some great features.
Old 21st August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
The EMT emulation (DVR-2) in System 6000 is a separate algorithm and has nothing to do with VSS6. So the answer to your question is unfortunately no.

The TC M3000 does not have the DVR-2 (EMT 250 emulation) - the M4000 does have it, but I don't know if the algorithms from S6000 and M4000 (don't have one) are identical.
Thanks for fast reply

One more: VSR 24 has a very useful feature I like, the "delay" setting /knob for only the reverb tail portion, not the er. And then there's a general pre-delay too. Good!

Does the tc M4000 have this feature as well? Or only S6000?

Also is it basically splitting er and reverb tail or is there something else more complex going on?

Lastly, where is it possible to understand in depth about the ABCD routings settings page and their effect/usefulness in VSR24 ? Manual is kind of so so if I remember correctly.

Great reverb this VSR!
Old 21st August 2017
Lives for gear

The extra delay features are only available on System 6000 - most of the parameters are extremely complex compared to other reverbs. Each ER type actual change the behaviour of the delays, change the diffusion functionality of the reverb and so on. Each parameter change numerous internal parameters which is way beyond any other hardware reverb I have looked at.

Each engine (ABCDE) is a completely different reverb corresponding to the different channels of the VSS6 which means you can have a complete surround setup identical with the hardware with two instances of VSR S24 in different routing setup. Each engine has a different coloration, spaciousness compared to the others etc. so you are able to change the overall sound considerably by change the setup of engines. If you like to make the over all reverb less spacious (more mono like) you can obviously use Size (which btw doesn't color the reverberation like other reverbs) or you can set the ABCDE routing differently. If one side of the simulated environment has more/less absorption compared to the other side, then you can adjust the reverb time independingly for each engine.
Old 27th August 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
After the forth coming updates for VSR S24 and LX480.

I know it has taken abit longer than anticipated, but VSR S24 will receive some great features.
I wish so much in the VSR S24 an ADSR-Envelope to have the full control. <3
Old 31st August 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
The extra delay features are only available on System 6000 - most of the parameters are extremely complex compared to other reverbs. Each ER type actual change the behaviour of the delays, change the diffusion functionality of the reverb and so on. Each parameter change numerous internal parameters which is way beyond any other hardware reverb I have looked at.

Each engine (ABCDE) is a completely different reverb corresponding to the different channels of the VSS6 which means you can have a complete surround setup identical with the hardware with two instances of VSR S24 in different routing setup. Each engine has a different coloration, spaciousness compared to the others etc. so you are able to change the overall sound considerably by change the setup of engines. If you like to make the over all reverb less spacious (more mono like) you can obviously use Size (which btw doesn't color the reverberation like other reverbs) or you can set the ABCDE routing differently. If one side of the simulated environment has more/less absorption compared to the other side, then you can adjust the reverb time independingly for each engine.
Awesome! Tnx!!
Do you think it might be possible to save a few CPU cycles in one of the next update too? I'm on a Xeon 5xxx series, and that would be GREAT!

Anyway, this reverb is really incredible!! Again, thanks!
Old 21st September 2017
On a side note, I have the 9.99 subscription and if you let your subscription lapse now, Gobbler wants the money from those past months that you didn't subscribe. They recently started doing this. Kind of annoying when they change their policies like that.
Old 21st September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledoodler View Post
On a side note, I have the 9.99 subscription and if you let your subscription lapse now, Gobbler wants the money from those past months that you didn't subscribe. They recently started doing this. Kind of annoying when they change their policies like that.
Really!? That doesnt sound right...
Old 26th September 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
VSR S24 will receive some great features.
When?

BTW, since VSR S24 is essentially VSS6 emulation, there won't be any new algorithms added in the future?
Old 28th September 2017
Lives for gear

You're correct, but it not as black and white as LX480. Hall and Plate/Room from the Lexicon 480L are way more alike compared to each other than some of the new features which can be implemented in VSR compared to current version.

Some ideas for possible enhancements in VSR

* Surround support
* Additional modulation
* Each ER have completely different (lo and hi color) filter setup
* Additional colored reverb engines (a new set of engines with a completely different sound)
* Shape/Attack control for the reverb engines

The possibilities are many and they will change the sound way more than changing the Hall algorithm to the Plate algorithm in Lexicon 480L
Old 28th September 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
You're correct, but it not as black and white as LX480. Hall and Plate/Room from the Lexicon 480L are way more alike compared to each other than some of the new features which can be implemented in VSR compared to current version.

* Surround support
* Additional modulation
* Additional colored reverb engines (a new set of engines with a completely different sound)

The possibilities are many and they will change the sound way more than changing the Hall algorithm to the Plate algorithm in Lexicon 480L
* Shape/Attack control for the reverb engines This! I really enjoy theis reverb, amazing work. But when working with shorter rooms I wish I had more control over the attack shape of the late reverb.
Old 29th September 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:

* Surround support
* Additional modulation

Sounds great!
Old 1st October 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:

BRILLIANT !
Old 7th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Shape control and a whole new set of colored engines would be fantastic. This is one of my favorite and most used reverbs (HW/SW) and more envelope shaping would take it to another level.

How is progress on P4N and the Ursa Major?

SST reverb is something I miss a lot and would be a special asset for ITB mixing - I hope it will introduce Moore's underrated designs to a whole new audience too. Unsung hero for sure.

I've never actually heard the updated or expanded room program either, looking forward to it!
Old 7th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
You sure about that ? Cause that's absolutely freaking unacceptable if true.
Old 7th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
You sure about that ? Cause that's absolutely freaking unacceptable if true.
Yep, it's 100 percent true. This will be most likely my last month on Gobbler. This was the response from Gobbler!

Jelani (Gobbler)
Sep 20, 10:13 PDT

Hello Christopher,

I was able to find your Relab subscription and your subscription was paused during your renewal payments, so when your account was reactivated both payments have been pushed.

I have issued your account one month free credit for the confusion, but in the future if you pause the subscription during the renewal payments the next successfully payment will include the past due balance.

The attached screenshot will confirm you issued credit.

All the best,
Jelani
Old 7th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yep, it's 100 percent true. This will be most likely my last month on Gobbler. This was the response from Gobbler!
i
Thanks for the answer. I've quoted you in this hot Ozone thread , because it's related to the subject : https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12891598-post202.html
Old 8th October 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:

Jelani (Gobbler)
Sep 20, 10:13 PDT

Hello Christopher,

I was able to find your Relab subscription and your subscription was paused during your renewal payments, so when your account was reactivated both payments have been pushed.

I have issued your account one month free credit for the confusion, but in the future if you pause the subscription during the renewal payments the next successfully payment will include the past due balance.

The attached screenshot will confirm you issued credit.

All the best,
Jelani
Aren't there two types of subscriptions, though:
1. month to month (more expensive per month and can be paused with no penalty).
2. Yearly paid in monthly installments (less expensive but cannot be paused without a penalty).
I might be wrong.
Old 8th October 2017
Squeegee 303,

I brought this up to the support staff:

"Hi Jelani,Thanks for that. So is this a new policy for this subscription, because this never happened before when I decided to take a month off of the subscription? I was under the impression the the lower rate (7.99 i think?) was the rate which would get charged when you decide to renew after a missed payment. Thanks."

Whereupon they replied back:

"Hi Christopher,

The $7.99 subscription is the Annual Paid Monthly subscription which is a 12 month contract for the plugins.

Would you like to pause your current subscription and sign up for the Annual Paid Monthly plan?"

So I am just gonna purchase VSR when the black friday sale goes up and be done with this bull**** gobbler
Old 8th October 2017
Lives for gear

Gobbler’s faq say quite the opposite.

https://gobblerhelp.zendesk.com/hc/e...bile_site=true

Possibly you had paused right after a billing period started? That requires a full months payment.

Believe me, no fan here. But there would be rioting in the streets. When Slate does his full court press subscription tap dance, pausing at any time and picking up whenever you want to is right at the top of the list.
Old 9th October 2017
Gear Head

Hello everyone,

I see there are a few posts regarding Gobbler and subscription issues. We (the Relab team) would like to encourage anyone that has any billing issues or misunderstandings with Gobbler, to send us a detailed description about the issue/situation, so that we may help in the matter. You are always welcome to post here or send us an email directly.

Wish you all a great day!
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Any news on the update?

I have many competing plugins and this one replaced pretty much all of them
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

FYI <=> VSR S24 at 139$ (Black Friday sales)

Other products of the line have nice cuts also
Demoing VSR S24 Right now... Wonderful indeed.
Old 3 days ago
My guess is they are shooting for Namm
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

The new presets browsing system... was that released and I missed it? It was discussed a VERY long time ago and certainly must be done by now.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

At least.. just clicking on the preset's name showing the whole preset list might be a temporary solution.. it is really a pain to navigate through unclassified presets.. though in Logic preset window it's quite here
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search