The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 27th April 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProducerMonkey View Post
Nice, thanks for the Logic presets! However I do most of my mixing in Studio One so I'll just have to wait until you're updating to the internal browser. No probs. On that note: is it possible to to simply copy presets in the file system browser and gather them in a new "Favourites" folder, load them from there and use the "prev" and "next" buttons to step throught the presets I use most?

So far I'm very happy with your reverbs! Looking forward to the next one.
I resaved a very large number, if not all, in Studio One's preset system. It was a while back, and I think I left out some of the duplicates (like maybe I only did the TS versions), can't remember. That said, I've got a very large number of the factor presets in Studio One's format. I'll try to post a link here later tonight if I get the chance.
Old 1st May 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
Hi guys,

We are currently working on an installer for our DAW presets. If you can't wait for the installer, you can download them already now (links below) and install them manually. A "how to install" guide is included

Supported DAW presets:
* Pro Tools 12 (Mac + PC)
* Logic Pro X (Mac)
* Cubase 8.5/9 (Mac + PC)
* Nuendo 7 (Mac + PC)

Note: DAW presets has been tested with above DAW versions but may even work with earlier DAW versions as well.

- DAW presets for LX480 Complete
- DAW presets for LX480 RHall
- DAW presets for VSR S24

Enjoy and have a great day!
DAW presets update:
ProTools 10 install path added for Mac and PC.

Old 2nd May 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProducerMonkey View Post
Nice, thanks for the Logic presets! However I do most of my mixing in Studio One so I'll just have to wait until you're updating to the internal browser. No probs. On that note: is it possible to to simply copy presets in the file system browser and gather them in a new "Favourites" folder, load them from there and use the "prev" and "next" buttons to step throught the presets I use most?

So far I'm very happy with your reverbs! Looking forward to the next one.
Hi,

Yes you can create your own Favorite folder and simply copy the presets you want to browse/use to your Favorite folder.

For Mac: Create folder at this path: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Relab Development/<plugin name>/Presets/Favorites and copy your favorite presets to that folder for your favorite preset browsing

For PC: Create folder at this path: C:\ProgramData\Relab Development\<plugin name>\Presets\Favorites and copy your favorite presets to that folder for your favorite preset browsing

Note: This is for preset handling within the plugin - not the DAW preset system.

I hope this was helpful.
Have a great day!
Old 2nd May 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi guys,

We are currently working on an installer for our DAW presets. If you can't wait for the installer, you can download them already now (links below) and install them manually. A "how to install" guide is included

Supported DAW presets:
* Pro Tools 12 (Mac + PC)
* Logic Pro X (Mac)
* Cubase 8.5/9 (Mac + PC)
* Nuendo 7 (Mac + PC)

Note: DAW presets has been tested with above DAW versions but may even work with earlier DAW versions as well.

- DAW presets for LX480 Complete
- DAW presets for LX480 RHall
- DAW presets for VSR S24

Enjoy and have a great day!
DAW presets update 1:
ProTools 10 install path added for Mac and PC.

DAW presets update 2:
Reaper presets has been added for Mac and PC.

Simply use the links above.
Enjoy!
Old 2nd May 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I resaved a very large number, if not all, in Studio One's preset system. It was a while back, and I think I left out some of the duplicates (like maybe I only did the TS versions), can't remember. That said, I've got a very large number of the factor presets in Studio One's format. I'll try to post a link here later tonight if I get the chance.
Thanks, Funkybot. That would be super!
Old 2nd May 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Hi,

Yes you can create your own Favorite folder and simply copy the presets you want to browse/use to your Favorite folder.

For Mac: Create folder at this path: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Relab Development/<plugin name>/Presets/Favorites and copy your favorite presets to that folder for your favorite preset browsing

For PC: Create folder at this path: C:\ProgramData\Relab Development\<plugin name>\Presets\Favorites and copy your favorite presets to that folder for your favorite preset browsing

Note: This is for preset handling within the plugin - not the DAW preset system.

I hope this was helpful.
Have a great day!
Yes, very helpful! Mange tak fra Malmø!!!
Old 2nd May 2017
Lives for gear

Thanks for the Reaper presets!
Old 2nd May 2017
Quote:
Reaper presets has been added for Mac and PC.
Excellent, thanks.
Old 9th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
The VSS4 is a simplified combination of VSS5 and VSS6
What about the VSS3? Curious about that one since many people are still really like it.
Old 11th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalmsc View Post
What about the VSS3? Curious about that one since many people are still really like it.
VSS3 does have some resemblance to the bigger brothers, but not much. The Early Reflection part is very different - it's mono->stereo only and is based on simple tap delay. VSS4,5 and 6 is multichannel->multichannel and have way more advance Early Reflection calculation (and different parameters).

The reverb part is also different - missing size (use another approach), different diffusion calculation etc.
The filters are similar between the VSS series.

The biggest difference happens between VSS3 to the rest of the VSS series.
Old 11th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
VSS3 does have some resemblance to the bigger brothers, but not much. The Early Reflection part is very different - it's mono->stereo only and is based on simple tap delay. VSS4,5 and 6 is multichannel->multichannel and have way more advance Early Reflection calculation (and different parameters).

The reverb part is also different - missing size (use another approach), different diffusion calculation etc.
The filters are similar between the VSS series.

Thanks for the info, it's always interesting to learn more about the structure of these reverbs.

Looking forward to hearing P4N!
Old 11th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Many thanks for a very insightful explanation, really appreciate it.
Old 13th May 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Just to follow up on this, when I went in and looked, I realized that I kind of "foldered" these presets in Studio One into categories where I thought they made sense. I also may not have gotten everything (I had something like 220 presets total), hence why I didn't post the Studio One presets I made. Official presets, or the official release with a preset browser would probably be better for everyone than trying to make sense of what I put together for myself.
Old 16th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex View Post
I can actually say without any reservation, this is IMHO by faaaar the best reverb plugin there is. And I have basically all of them (Exponential, Lexicon, Valhalla, 2C Audio, UAD). This simply is another world, how this thing sits in the mix being clear without muddying the mix and without any needed equalisation. I am amazed. Superb work, Relab.
Agreed 100%, can't wait for the new browser (and new algos and presets possibly in the future?).
Old 17th May 2017
Lives for gear
Not sure if its in the works but would be nice to have standard preset categories ie. Halls, Plates, Rooms, etc...
Old 17th May 2017
Gear Head

Small update:

We would like to welcome Bastian to our team and he will be working on the new preset system among other things.

Have a great day!
Old 18th May 2017
Lives for gear

I see there is an upgrade option in the Relab Store :

- LX480 Complete –> the R.Bundle

Is there an option if you want to upgrade to the R.Bundle from VSR S24 ?

Old 19th May 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post

Hi Gemylon,

Yes you can. Please contact our support for details.

Note: For future inquiries please do not hesitate to contract our Support System, here we will be able to handle you questions/issues quicker and better.

Have a great day!
Old 20th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Kind of weird that you're selling it in your, though.
Old 20th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
Kind of weird that you're selling it in your, though.
Yea, It might look kind of weird, but I was actually planning on going with the Relab subscription at first.
Then I thought I might check if there were an upgrade path as well.
It is not there in the shop, so I was not too optimistic.

Now I just have to check what price they are offering on the upgrade ...

I hope that explanation is good enough

Old 5th June 2017
Lives for gear

Any update on this in terms of Studio One and presets, etc.? I'd like to buy once everything is updated.
Old 6th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Gemylon,

Yes you can. Please contact our support for details.

Note: For future inquiries please do not hesitate to contract our Support System, here we will be able to handle you questions/issues quicker and better.

Have a great day!
VSR P4N... When!?
Old 6th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yea, It might look kind of weird, but I was actually planning on going with the Relab subscription at first.
Then I thought I might check if there were an upgrade path as well.
It is not there in the shop, so I was not too optimistic.

Now I just have to check what price they are offering on the upgrade ...

I hope that explanation is good enough

More than good enough... I hadn't considered the subscription angle.

I have with Slate though, and own too much to do both... so, I get it.

I just went both other ways with Relab: staying non-subscription and I just upgraded from the LX480 to the LX/VSR bundle!

w00t!
Old 7th June 2017
Lives for gear
So I've demoed the VSR S24 and as I already own the LX480 I'm going to upgrade to the bundle to own the VSR S24.

It's a great sounding reverb, that said I already own the Powercore VSS3 and I will still use the VSS3 as it really has a sound of it's own quite different to the VSR S24 - and very pleasing in a different way to the VSR S24. They are both useful in different ways - which actually surprised me, and was not what I was expecting.

+
Old 8th June 2017
It's hard for me to do the subscription plan on this one 'cause it sounds so damn good I will have to purchase this thing. It feels like I am throwing money away.
Old 10th July 2017
Gear Maniac

Any news on the update?

I practically don't use anything else anymore apart from Valhalla Plate here and there, amazing work, folks! Would love to have more presets in VSR S24; chambers in particular
Old 10th July 2017
Lives for gear

Any thoughts on this versus Seventh Heaven for realistic spaces, especially small spaces to glue elements together?
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Bloody hell man, nice work. Could use all day every day for post. Zero chance I will ever pay 200+ for plugin ever again. May give the sub a shot
Old 20th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
The VSR S24 is a stereo emulation of the VSS6 which is only available on System 6000. It seems like you're using the VSS4 algorithm on the hardware which is a different algorithm. VSS 6 have a more simple ER section compared to VSS4 and VSS5. VSR S24 have a true stereo reverb section which is not present on VSS4 but you can make the VSR S24 mono-stereo operation (Advanced page routing to A, B, A, B instead of A, B, C, D) to get a better match - you can't match ER because VSS6 and VSS4 are different.

VSR P4N will be a stereo version of VSS5 - this will be much closer to your VSS4 settings when we talk about Early Reflection. It will have more settings than VSS4 but same overall ER sound. But the reverb section is quite different.

The VSS4 is a simplified combination of VSS5 and VSS6.
Does the VSR s24 do the plates and EMT emulation that the TC M3000/4000 did?
Old 20th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzop View Post
Does the VSR s24 do the plates and EMT emulation that the TC M3000/4000 did?
The EMT emulation (DVR-2) in System 6000 is a separate algorithm and has nothing to do with VSS6. So the answer to your question is unfortunately no.

The TC M3000 does not have the DVR-2 (EMT 250 emulation) - the M4000 does have it, but I don't know if the algorithms from S6000 and M4000 (don't have one) are identical.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search