The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In
Old 17th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
I had sign up for just one month by paying the $9.99.
Yesterday (after completed the one month), I received a receipt by Relab+Gobbler for auto-renewing(?) the month. By that it means that they've grabbed more $9.99 from my credit card. Is it just normal or it is a shame?
My intention was to use the stuff just for one month and I could go on again after 2 months or 5 or whenever I need to use the plugins. I didn't ask any renewing.
If I wanted that, I could have grab the $7.99 deal.
Yea, it doesn't make sense either. I thought the 9.99 was a one off. Gobbler tried gobbling more money from my account also.
Old 17th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
I had sign up for just one month by paying the $9.99.
Yesterday (after completed the one month), I received a receipt by Relab+Gobbler for auto-renewing(?) the month. By that it means that they've grabbed more $9.99 from my credit card. Is it just normal or it is a shame?
My intention was to use the stuff just for one month and I could go on again after 2 months or 5 or whenever I need to use the plugins. I didn't ask any renewing.
If I wanted that, I could have grab the $7.99 deal.
Sounds odd.
I have never used Gobbler so can't really help.
I "think" there might be some option/preference where you have to select no renewal or something similar after you sign up for the month.
Old 17th March 2017
Gear Nut
Sorry, but that is absolutely normal.
And you have been noticed upon subscribing about this.
Old 17th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
Sorry, but that is absolutely normal.
And you have been noticed upon subscribing about this.
I have not been noticed as it should.
The truth is that yesterday after I received the receipt that came from Relab-Gobbler, I went back one month in my mailbox and I saw the first receipt I received when I first subscribed. Really there, there is a notification about renewing after one month but I had not read it and.. hey... THE WAY OF HOW THE DIFFERENT KIND OF SUBSCRIPTION WORKS, we must be able to know BEFORE we buy, NOT AFTER.

*It's not about the 10 dollars, it's a matter of trust.
Old 17th March 2017
Here for the gear

We are sorry about the inconvenience the subscription has caused. The renewal is a part of the automatic Gobbler system.

If your intention is to use it for e.g. a month and then pause for 2 months and then reactivate again, etc. the only solution is for you to pause and reactivate your subscription plan manually. This is definitely a talk we can have with Gobbler for future changes to their system.

To specify our Relab Reverb Suite subscription plans:

We offer three different subscription plans:
• Annual Subscription Paid Yearly - $95.88
• Annual Subscription Paid Monthly - $7.99
• Month to Month Subscription - $9.99

On the two Annual Subscription plans you sign up for 12 consecutive months. The only difference between the two is the how the plan is paid – Annual Subscription Paid Yearly is paid up front ($95.88) and the Annual Subscription Paid Monthly is split up over the period of 12 months ($7.99), but the total price is the same ($95.88/12 months = $7.99).

The third subscription plan is intended to those who want to have a more flexible subscription solution. With the Month to Month Subscription plan you can pause at any time you want (if you pause it during the billing cycle, your subscription remains active until the end of the period). Pausing the subscription will ensure that it is not renewed, but your plugins will continue to work during the remainder of the current pay period.

On all three subscription plans you will be automatically billed at the beginning of each subscription period by Gobbler.

If you pause it at any time during the billing cycle, your subscription remains active (and licenses activated and plugins working) until the end of the period, even if you do not use the licenses/plugins for the rest of the month. The "paused" period of time when you don't use your plugins is not saved and does not roll over to another month.

You can reactivate your subscription whenever you like after it has been paused.

If you reactivate it within the current billing cycle, you are not charged again (until the renewal date).

If you reactivate it after the end of the billing cycle, you are charged for a new billing cycle that starts on the reactivation date.

For future inquiries please do not hesitate to contract our Support System, here we will be able to handle you questions/issues quicker and better.
Old 17th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyro View Post
We are sorry about the inconvenience the subscription has caused. The renewal is a part of the automatic Gobbler system.

If your intention is to use it for e.g. a month and then pause for 2 months and then reactivate again, etc. the only solution is for you to pause and reactivate your subscription plan manually. This is definitely a talk we can have with Gobbler for future changes to their system.

To specify our Relab Reverb Suite subscription plans:

We offer three different subscription plans:
• Annual Subscription Paid Yearly - $95.88
• Annual Subscription Paid Monthly - $7.99
• Month to Month Subscription - $9.99

On the two Annual Subscription plans you sign up for 12 consecutive months. The only difference between the two is the how the plan is paid – Annual Subscription Paid Yearly is paid up front ($95.88) and the Annual Subscription Paid Monthly is split up over the period of 12 months ($7.99), but the total price is the same ($95.88/12 months = $7.99).

The third subscription plan is intended to those who want to have a more flexible subscription solution. With the Month to Month Subscription plan you can pause at any time you want (if you pause it during the billing cycle, your subscription remains active until the end of the period). Pausing the subscription will ensure that it is not renewed, but your plugins will continue to work during the remainder of the current pay period.

On all three subscription plans you will be automatically billed at the beginning of each subscription period by Gobbler.

If you pause it at any time during the billing cycle, your subscription remains active (and licenses activated and plugins working) until the end of the period, even if you do not use the licenses/plugins for the rest of the month. The "paused" period of time when you don't use your plugins is not saved and does not roll over to another month.

You can reactivate your subscription whenever you like after it has been paused.

If you reactivate it within the current billing cycle, you are not charged again (until the renewal date).

If you reactivate it after the end of the billing cycle, you are charged for a new billing cycle that starts on the reactivation date.

For future inquiries please do not hesitate to contract our Support System, here we will be able to handle you questions/issues quicker and better.
Thanks Kyro for clearing up the things. I didn't know that I have to pause the subscription each time (actually it was my first purchase on the subscription model. From the other side, Relab's stuff is great and I'm going to keep using it, I was just shocked from the sudden auto renewal Everything is clear now.
cheers
Old 25th March 2017
Gear Nut

Machine activation via subscription is wonderful, thanks for this.

I'm really looking forward to P4N and the Ursa after this. It's easily one of the best digital reverbs I've ever used.

Getting a nice, convincing room or hall ambience from VSR with a pre-delayed 480 plate in parallel can do wonders on vocals or leads.

It's great that Martin stuck with this obsessive analysis and development since the SCOPE days. In the world of plug-in reverberation, he's simply a hero.
Old 25th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
It's great that Martin stuck with this obsessive analysis and development since the SCOPE days. In the world of plug-in reverberation, he's simply a hero.
Martin amazes me on his ability to completely understand a Reverb from outside the box!

-Casey
Old 25th March 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Martin amazes me on his ability to completely understand a Reverb from outside the box!

-Casey
It's pretty remarkable. Reverse engineering anything of complexity is, really.

Developing your own suite of tools to probe around complex internal structures is impressive enough, but sensing and understanding overall architecture is akin to empathy - both with the machine and the original designer.

I'm very grateful we have minds like his and yours set to work on understanding reverberation.
Old 28th March 2017
The most funny, but actually really sad thing, is all you people talking about the quality of reverbs and sound, while the master ends up sounding like excrement and full of distortion. Funny, eh? Masters now sound so bad that I simply cannot listen to them. You can put a master through a Marshall and record it, it might even sound better. Keep doing what's "right"!

Cheers!
Old 29th March 2017
Kind of a weird pivot to go from Kyro and Casey's posts reaffirming my HUGE respect and gratitude for the care they put into their work and products... to this last snarky post! I know, comes with the territory... but jeez!
Old 29th March 2017
Lives for gear

Back on topic, VSR24 creates dimension in a mix better than any plugin verb I've ever used. Often times I find reverb plugs getting lost and cloudy in the mix. VSR24 is wide and deep and beautiful sounding. Best plugin verb I've ever used and I have most of the reverb plugs out there.
Old 5th April 2017
Lives for gear

Anyone using this on Studio One? CPU hit?
Old 5th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skythemusic View Post
Anyone using this on Studio One? CPU hit?
One Instance of VSR S24 Reverb in Studio One Pro 3 is registering between 8.0 - 10.0 % CPU usage. (Windows 8.1 Pro)

Here it is showing around 9.0 %

Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

It's been a loooong time since the last mention of ProTools presets for this plugin. I checked just now and there's no update, and no separate download for ProTools presets, only a couple other DAWs.

What's the story? It's not the end of the world but a pain sifting through file menus each time.
Old 21st April 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
It's been a loooong time since the last mention of ProTools presets for this plugin. I checked just now and there's no update, and no separate download for ProTools presets, only a couple other DAWs.

What's the story? It's not the end of the world but a pain sifting through file menus each time.
Hi elambo,

I couldn't agree more. The current system is a pain to use.

As it happens we are already working on DAW presets and hopefully it will be ready next week. We are currently making DAW presets for all major DAWs such as ProTools, Cubase/Nuendo, Logic Pro etc.

This will obviously be an upgrade in workflow compared to current system where you browse through file menus. This will behave like Universal Audio and many other plugins.

More background info: DAW presets was not our initial plan as we are working on a new and better preset system within our plugins, but our partners (developing the new preset system) are currently occupied with other engagements which results in multiple delays. To eliminate further delays we are trying to increase our numbers of developers as fast as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience but next week the preset workflow will be improved greatly... at last...
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
we are working on a new and better preset system within our plugins
Yes, that's what I was getting at - thanks for clarifying. It's not that we need presets (we already have those) we just need a better menu system.

Will there be an announcement here when that update is available? I don't believe I get emails when updates are released.
Old 21st April 2017
Gear Maniac

More specifically we don't even need a preset system, protools has a great one built in to every plugin, we just need the presets put in that system and arranged in almost an other order than "alphabetical". For example "halls" "plates" "rooms" would do. Or better yet add some categories "drums" "post production" "sound design" "vocals".

Thanks very much. Glad it's on its way.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

I enjoy both LX480 and VSR S24 and have been eagerly awaiting the new preset solution...that's great news that we may see it next week!
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by basic View Post
More specifically we don't even need a preset system, protools has a great one built in to every plugin, we just need the presets put in that system and arranged in almost an other order than "alphabetical".
Unless you use more than one DAW, in which case a preset system from within the plugin is the only way you will always have your presets available. I'm glad they are doing it that way.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear
I'm having a difficult time matching a preset on the vsr 24 from my tc 4000. Would like to use the vsr 24 live but it doesnt seem to cut through the PA the way the tc 4000 does (all settings matched as close as possible). I also noticed it doesnt have the Left and Right position option which I've heard will be in p4n so I'm wondering if that's all that's missing from the puzzle.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegel View Post
I'm having a difficult time matching a preset on the vsr 24 from my tc 4000. Would like to use the vsr 24 live but it doesnt seem to cut through the PA the way the tc 4000 does (all settings matched as close as possible). I also noticed it doesnt have the Left and Right position option which I've heard will be in p4n so I'm wondering if that's all that's missing from the puzzle.
The VSR S24 is a stereo emulation of the VSS6 which is only available on System 6000. It seems like you're using the VSS4 algorithm on the hardware which is a different algorithm. VSS 6 have a more simple ER section compared to VSS4 and VSS5. VSR S24 have a true stereo reverb section which is not present on VSS4 but you can make the VSR S24 mono-stereo operation (Advanced page routing to A, B, A, B instead of A, B, C, D) to get a better match - you can't match ER because VSS6 and VSS4 are different.

VSR P4N will be a stereo version of VSS5 - this will be much closer to your VSS4 settings when we talk about Early Reflection. It will have more settings than VSS4 but same overall ER sound. But the reverb section is quite different.

The VSS4 is a simplified combination of VSS5 and VSS6.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by basic View Post
More specifically we don't even need a preset system, protools has a great one built in to every plugin, we just need the presets put in that system......
This is what will be released next week - we're in the process of updating our installers.
At a later stage we will update the internal preset system to a much better system, but will still keep the DAW preset handling which will be released next week.

VSR S24 will also get the extra modulation in the next update.
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
This is what will be released next week - we're in the process of updating our installers.
At a later stage we will update the internal preset system to a much better system, but will still keep the DAW preset handling which will be released next week.
Oh, bummer. I guess I misread the previous post. I thought we were nearing the release of the new preset handling system.

DAW presets won't be very helpful for me, so I guess I'll continue to use the file system browser.
Old 25th April 2017
Gear Nut

Between this, B2 and the Seventh Heaven, got most of my reverb needs covered for many years to come. The VSR S24 is what's been missing all this time, they complement each other nicely. Since I also own the Eventide's reverb plugins and Reverbical, seems like it's going to be long time with no gas for another reverb, except waiting for the MTurbo Reverb for the Mxxx. Truly a great moment for reverberation
Old 26th April 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalmsc View Post
Truly a great moment for reverberation
Actually it's been a great couple of years for software reverb development...
Old 26th April 2017
Lives for gear

Yes, Exponential and Relab have raised the bar in recent years/months. Software reverb no longer feels like a compromise thanks to these developers. (other companies are competing on this level, too, but these two in particular have impressed me the most)
Old 27th April 2017
Gear Head

Hi guys,

We are currently working on an installer for our DAW presets. If you can't wait for the installer, you can download them already now (links below) and install them manually. A "how to install" guide is included

Supported DAW presets:
* Pro Tools 12 (Mac + PC)
* Logic Pro X (Mac)
* Cubase 8.5/9 (Mac + PC)
* Nuendo 7 (Mac + PC)

Note: DAW presets has been tested with above DAW versions but may even work with earlier DAW versions as well.

- DAW presets for LX480 Complete
- DAW presets for LX480 RHall
- DAW presets for VSR S24

Enjoy and have a great day!
Old 27th April 2017
Gear Head
Nice, thanks for the Logic presets! However I do most of my mixing in Studio One so I'll just have to wait until you're updating to the internal browser. No probs. On that note: is it possible to to simply copy presets in the file system browser and gather them in a new "Favourites" folder, load them from there and use the "prev" and "next" buttons to step throught the presets I use most?

So far I'm very happy with your reverbs! Looking forward to the next one.
Old 27th April 2017
Don't forget Reaper...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search