The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 9th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao View Post
Lx480 iLok users also get 2? One on each of the two iLoks?

Thanks!
Correct - all our products (including the LX480 series) supports 2 activations per license. You can either use an iLok dongle (any generation including iLok 1) or a computer.
Old 9th February 2017
Lives for gear

This is a good reverb but it's not all
I bought it. Very good. Up there with the fab filter r which I been using alot. I will say itb reverbs now is like splitting hairs. Very good quality. Still wild like to know how this compares to the TC as that's a exact code copy from hardware I believe. I feel I'm done buying itb reverbs.
Old 10th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
Correct - all our products (including the LX480 series) supports 2 activations per license. You can either use an iLok dongle (any generation including iLok 1) or a computer.

Hi Warp. Was this always true? I have LX480 only on my main dongle, but none on the secondary and none in till to install either? I bought it pretty soon after it was released.
Old 10th February 2017
Lives for gear

This is rather new change (last month) for all products. Before, LX480 supported only iLok2 dongles and had only 1 activation. Please contact our support if you only have 1 activation and we will take care of it.
Old 10th February 2017
Lives for gear

My 480 and VSR licenses didn't show up at first too...you might have to deactivate and activate again..
They both show the extra licenses now..
Old 13th February 2017
DSK
Lives for gear

Relab annouced they're going subscription also:

The Relab Reverb Suite is a one-stop solution that includes all Relab Development reverb plugins. In addition, you will receive all future Relab reverb plugins and updates for free. This is the simplest – and cheapest – way to get access to all our meticulously modelled and professionally specced reverb tools.

Every existing Relab reverb plugin
Every new Relab reverb plugin
Free updates
Free support
Over $700 worth of plugins

COMING SOON

VSR P4N
The VSR P4N is a reverb geared heavily towards enchanced early reflections, which offers freely positional placement in the simulated environment.

UM-1280
UM-1280 is a perfect recreation of a classic multitap delay based echo, ambience, and reverb device with additional enchancements and features.

95/year or 10 per month

Imo at 5$ per month I would have bitten but at 8 it's too much. Even 3 measly bucks add up from here there and everywhere.
Old 13th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post

Imo at 5$ per month I would have bitten but at 8 it's too much. Even 3 measly bucks add up from here there and everywhere.
8$ seems like i a very doable for my own financial schedule. I am paying more for eating junk food in three day period.
Old 13th February 2017
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
8$ seems like i a very doable for my own financial schedule. I am paying more for eating junk food in three day period.
If that Ursa Major emu is spot on maybe.

Until then I have way too much reverb and already 2(too ) many subscriptions (albeit those pay dividends).

I can see this subscription bubble bursting my wallet.
Old 13th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
I can see this subscription bubble bursting my wallet.
I can totally understand your fear. It is same here.
Old 13th February 2017
Gear Addict

Read about that Ursa plugin over at scopeusers.com a couple of months ago. Looking forward to this. And the P4N sounds like it could be very, very useful. Relab for the win.
Old 13th February 2017
Here for the gear

I am ready to subscribe as VSR sounds very nice but not before preset handling is sorted out as promised.
Old 14th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnhard View Post
My 480 and VSR licenses didn't show up at first too...you might have to deactivate and activate again..
They both show the extra licenses now..
Some withe me. Deactivating and activating again does the trick.
Old 22nd February 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfger View Post
Some withe me. Deactivating and activating again does the trick.
Yes. Deactivating a license and re-activating often does the trick as it updates the rule of the license (the rule is what gives the license the ability for multiple activation and type of location - e.g. iLok key or machine).
Old 22nd February 2017
Gear Head

PS: Did you guys see this little trailer?
Reverb Suite
Old 22nd February 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
Reverb Suite
Nice trailer

Your trailer is much much better than your preset browser
Old 22nd February 2017
Lives for gear

I'll wait until they release more products as I already have their lx480 reverb. Just bought TC vss3
Kind of over saturated with reverbs. But 95 a year is not too bad.
Old 22nd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I'll wait until they release more products as I already have their lx480 reverb. Just bought TC vss3
Kind of over saturated with reverbs. But 95 a year is not too bad.
I am just waiting the VSR P4N to pull the trigger.

@Relab, do you have an ETA for this release?
Old 23rd February 2017
Lives for gear
On the tc 4000 there is a left and right position parameter that can be adjusted. Does the relab version have this feature?
Old 23rd February 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Reverb Suite
Nice trailer and music ! Could you please share details of which of your reverbs was used along with the settings so users can emulate?
Old 23rd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
I am just waiting the VSR P4N to pull the trigger.

@Relab, do you have an ETA for this release?
A lot of our customers have expressed their view of our preset browser (or lack thereof) so our priority is to ship a new preset system for the next updates before releasing new products. As soon as our current products have been updated - P4N will be released.

Rest assure that new products and a new preset system will be released asap.

VSR S24 will also gain additional modulation capabilities (the same as P4N) in the next update.
Old 23rd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegel View Post
On the tc 4000 there is a left and right position parameter that can be adjusted. Does the relab version have this feature?
If you mean the ER section of the VSS4 then P4N will include this functionality and much more for the ER section. All that said, P4N will be rather different compared to all other plugins/algorithms because the reverberation change considerably depending on the chosen ER which means that you will not find 'normal' reverb parameters, like Predelay, Diffusion, Hi Cut, Freq Crosspoints etc. but parameters which determine how the sound progagates around the simulated space.
Most other algorithms have separate sections for ER and Reverb, but not the P4N - If you choose a bathroom ER the reverb will sound complete different compared to a hall ER even thou you try to make the similar.

S24 has most of it's strength in the reverb section which you can tailor to your liking with more 'normal' parameters in depended of the chosen ER.
Attached Thumbnails
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In-vsr-p4n-er.jpg  
Old 23rd February 2017
Lives for gear

Hi,

Which Reverb would you pick for Orchestral Music Production ?

VRS S24 or Lexicon LX-480 ?

Any audio demos showing the VRS S24 being used in an orchestral track ?

I know there are demo versions, but would like to hear something already produced using these reverbs.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Old 23rd February 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_seeker View Post
Nice trailer and music ! Could you please share details of which of your reverbs was used along with the settings so users can emulate?
Hi fun_seeker,

Thank you very much!

For the music composed, 4 reverbs were used. 3x VSR S24 and 1x LX480 Complete.
I have added the presets used below, so you can see the values for yourself.

Usage:
All reverbs was used via "Group FX/BUS" so all tracks were sending an amount of dry level to the reverb BUS's (all tracks had its own send value for best result).

Regarding the presets (which comes with our reverbs):
* VSR1 is a preset with some alterations and was used as base for most instruments (especially for strings, cello, pizzi etc. with individual send values) to give you the environment setup.
* VSR2 is a preset (also altered a bit) used primarily for some of the instruments in the big hits.
* VSR3 was a supplement on a larger tail on the last big hit.
* LX480 Complete was used on the brass and complimented some thrill violins as well.

PresetRRS.zip

I hope this answers your question
Enjoy!
Old 23rd February 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi fun_seeker,

Thank you very much!

For the music composed, 4 reverbs were used. 3x VSR S24 and 1x LX480 Complete.
I have added the presets used below, so you can see the values for yourself.

Usage:
All reverbs was used via "Group FX/BUS" so all tracks were sending an amount of dry level to the reverb BUS's (all tracks had its own send value for best result).

Regarding the presets (which comes with our reverbs):
* VSR1 is a preset with some alterations and was used as base for most instruments (especially for strings, cello, pizzi etc. with individual send values) to give you the environment setup.
* VSR2 is a preset (also altered a bit) used primarily for some of the instruments in the big hits.
* VSR3 was a supplement on a larger tail on the last big hit.
* LX480 Complete was used on the brass and complimented some thrill violins as well.

PresetRRS.zip

I hope this answers your question
Enjoy!
Thank you very much for this! I just bought LX480 complete so this is really helpful. I will be upgrading to VSR soon too!

P:S: The visual nod to 'Stranger Things' was noticed
Old 5th March 2017
Lives for gear

What's the story with the updates which include presets within the GUI for ProTools? It was mentioned quite a while ago but I've not seen them included in recent updates.
Old 6th March 2017
I was wondering what the difference was between the $7.99 subscription and the $9.99 subscription? Thanks
Old 6th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledoodler View Post
I was wondering what the difference was between the $7.99 subscription and the $9.99 subscription? Thanks
If you sign up for a year it is $7.99 a month.
If you just sign up for one month at a time it is $9.99 a month.
Old 8th March 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
What's the story with the updates which include presets within the GUI for ProTools? It was mentioned quite a while ago but I've not seen them included in recent updates.
Hi elambo,
Do you mean the new preset system or ProTools preset format?

Regarding the new preset system, Martin has finished the font rendering system and Michael is hacking away on the preset framework itself.

Kind regards,
Ansbjerg
Old 12th March 2017
Here for the gear

The best reverb I've heard for my arrangements, and by a fairly large margin. A bit heavy on the cpu, but worth it. Maybe add a cpu-light option? Subscription plan seems attractive, with free updates and new plugins included. Now that's doing right by the customer
Old 16th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
If you sign up for a year it is $7.99 a month.
If you just sign up for one month at a time it is $9.99 a month.
I had sign up for just one month by paying the $9.99.
Yesterday (after completed the one month), I received a receipt by Relab+Gobbler for auto-renewing(?) the month. By that it means that they've grabbed more $9.99 from my credit card. Is it just normal or it is a shame?
My intention was to use the stuff just for one month and I could go on again after 2 months or 5 or whenever I need to use the plugins. I didn't ask any renewing.
If I wanted that, I could have grab the $7.99 deal.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search