The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai Professional reigns supreme with new MPC X Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 9th January 2017
News Desk Editor

Akai Professional reigns supreme with new MPC X

Akai Professional reigns supreme with new MPC X-unnamed.jpg

Akai Professional, a leading manufacturer of music equipment for performers and producers, today announced the newest addition to the iconic MPC line, the MPC X. In creating the X, Akai Professional has taken the lessons from every MPC that preceded it to engineer a production centerpiece truly fit to be the flagship Music Production Center of the future.

The new MPC X is a standalone MPC featuring a beautiful, full-colour 10.1” multi-touch screen and 16 amazingly responsive, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads – all fuelled by a multicore processor surgically tuned to power MPC Software 2.0TM. Rounding out the controls are dedicated menu buttons, a large master encoder knob and 16 touch-sensitive 360o assignable pots (Q-Links) with adaptive OLED displays, perfect for viewing and precisely automating individual parameters to deliver expressively nuanced recordings. With MPC X the tactile ease-of-use found on smartphones and tablets combines with full-featured production functionality for an unleashed creative experience – launch clips with real-time time-stretching; grab, pinch & edit waveforms; program the step sequencer; record, sequence & edit audio/MIDI; apply XY FX and much more directly from MPC X’s 10.1” multi- touch capacitive color screen and dedicated hardware controls.

MPC X’s plethora of connectivity options ensures rapid assimilation into any studio environment. A 2-in/4-out MIDI interface connects seamlessly to controllers and MIDI compatible sound modules, drum machines and synthesizers, providing core sequencing and control capability. Thanks to a arsenal of inputs and outputs (XLR, 1⁄4-inch jack, 1/8-inch jack & RCA), plus studio-grade audio capture, direct / hardware monitoring options and switchable phantom-power, MPC X forms the beating heard of any production setup. Additional connectivity options include 8 CV/Gate outputs and a custom CV Program, configurable via MPC X’s radiant high-definition screen – the ultimate solution for control of modular gear and CV compatible synthesizers via MPC X’s premium hardware controls and unprecedented sequencing functionality.

Powering the mighty X is MPC Software 2.0TM, Akai Professional’s reimagined update of the critically acclaimed MPC software. Capable of running natively on the MPC X in standalone mode, MPC Software 2.0 can also be run from a Mac or PC as a plugin in all popular DAWs, or as a full-featured standalone application.

Features
• Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 Software, compatible with Mac & PC
• 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Links controls with OLED displays
• 66 buttons for direct, hardware access to all aspects of MPC Software 2.0
• Standalone MPC – no computer required – natively powered by MPC Software 2.0
• 10.1” full-colour multi-touch display
• 4 selectable inputs: 2 XLR / 1⁄4” combo jacks with switchable phantom power, 2 instrument level; 1⁄4” jacks, turntable RCA input with ground peg
• 8 outputs: balanced 1⁄4” jack
• Dual 1⁄4” and 1/8” headphone outputs
• 4 full-size MIDI outputs, 2 full-size MIDI inputs
• 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs enabling the analogue control of modular gear, such as classic
synths
• 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound
designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio, and more
• User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)

“In creating the concept for the MPC X we wanted to preserve the classic MPC feel and workflow that people love,” said Dan Gill, Product Manager for Akai Professional. “But we turned the idea on its head and incorporated the best of what a modern touch-screen interface can offer. What we have now is the most powerful MPC production experience ever.”

MPC X will ship with an MSRP of £1499.99 and will be available Q1 2017. For more information, visit www.akaipro.com
Attached Thumbnails
Akai Professional reigns supreme with new MPC X-unnamed.jpg  
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Damn!
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

Old 9th January 2017
Finally a standalone!
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

First quarter of 17 is really surprising
Old 9th January 2017
Here for the gear

Dang it and I just bought push 2 at Christmas welp looks like it'll be going up for sale along with my maschine mk ii
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

no digital I/O what-so-ever? wow. IMO this takes a lot of professionalism away from the unit.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

what about the conversion?
ist this a 16 or 24 bit machine?
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee View Post
no digital I/O what-so-ever? wow. IMO this takes a lot of professionalism away from the unit.
it has 3 usb ports on the back
Old 9th January 2017
Here for the gear
Damn! This is sexy!
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
it has 3 usb ports on the back
USB is NOT professional digital I/O
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Dope
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
USB is NOT professional digital I/O
lol nitpicking; you can put a 1tb SSD drive onto it, explode all your tracks down with one button push, and transfer it to whatever you want to transfer it to in less time than it would be to push play and let the track run on the old standalones.

If (and it's a big "if" with this companies recent track record) this thing is solid, it's the most exciting MPC ever for me.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

To commend Akai, they are including things, like the number of audio outputs, that they used to charge an arm and a leg for as added options. The CV/Gate connection is also very cool.

Last edited by AuldLangSine; 10th January 2017 at 04:57 AM..
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

I'm trying really really really really hard not to get excited here. I'm not going to preorder it. I'm not going to jump the gun and proclaim this the greatest sequencer to come out in recent history.

...but my god, this is the greatest sequencer to come out in recent history and I totally just preordered it.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I'm trying really really really really hard not to get excited here. I'm not going to preorder it. I'm not going to jump the gun and proclaim this the greatest sequencer to come out in recent history.

...but my god, this is the greatest sequencer to come out in recent history and I totally just preordered it.
I rolled on this one
Old 9th January 2017
Deleted 86c3d96
It looks like pre-order pricing is $2199. Now that everyone has whined for years for something like this, I wonder if people will pony up the cash to pay for their heart's desire. I think if I can get it in the $1499 - $1699 range, I might buy one.
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Head

I'm already preparing to pre-order this thing. My MPC 2500 is for sale. Keeping the MPC 3000 though, and my Maschine.
Old 10th January 2017
Gear Head

A lot of 2500 will be going up for sale.
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 86c3d96 View Post
It looks like pre-order pricing is $2199. Now that everyone has whined for years for something like this, I wonder if people will pony up the cash to pay for their heart's desire. I think if I can get it in the $1499 - $1699 range, I might buy one.
That's about on-par with how much the MPC's generally cost when they first come out, less than some of the top-tier ones. Believe it or not, the MPC5000 was $3499 when it first came out: Akai MPC5000 | Sound On Sound
Old 10th January 2017
M2E
Lives for gear

I've learned my lesson, not to buy Akai.
They do not listen to previous owners unless their a big name.
The software is always buggy.

I gave up a longtime ago when I got the MPC Ren. Do any of the new MPC 2.0 work with the Ren version?

Marc
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear

Anyone thinking this is too expensive can get the MPC Live for half the price. It's smaller and with less features, but has rechargeable batteries.
Old 10th January 2017
Quote:
USB - 3 ports
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
USB - 3 ports
not professional enough for mister mike vee (sorry, couldn't resist)
Old 10th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Sampling without computer? Is this a expensive dongle for MPC 2.0 software?
Old 10th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube66 View Post
Sampling without computer? Is this a expensive dongle for MPC 2.0 software?
Everything is a dongle. Heck, the artist is the dongle for the song.
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear
Reigns supreme?
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
Reigns supreme?
well, guess they couldn't keep calling every new product a game changer
Old 10th January 2017
Gear Nut

Pure Dopeness!!
Old 10th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
Reigns supreme?
I lol'ed at this too...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search