The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai Professional reigns supreme with new MPC X Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 24th September 2017
Gear Addict
Ableton Link

Any idea how soon Ableton Link will be implemented? It says Ableton Link will be supported in future updates.
Old 21st October 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee View Post
USB is NOT professional digital I/O
Back that up with some facts. I fought for years to get companies to add firewire... and then years to get thunderbolt... then I looked at the specs...
Old 21st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriffderek View Post
Back that up with some facts. I fought for years to get companies to add firewire... and then years to get thunderbolt... then I looked at the specs...
it's just a fact, period. USB is not an audio format even at ALL , let alone professional....it's a data format that CAN carry audio.

wow....why done people understand this?
Old 21st October 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee View Post
it's just a fact, period. USB is not an audio format even at ALL , let alone professional....it's a data format that CAN carry audio.

wow....why done people understand this?
I think people done understand this because people like you can't explain what you are talking about.

Digital signals aren't that complex... they can run on USB. There isn't some wild frequency that is going to get in there because you use didn't use __________ (please fill in the blank)... What should they use? Optical? Do you think these are better? https://store.djtechtools.com/produc...oma-cables-usb

But also - I've used an MPC1000 for 15 years - and I've always used the TS inputs for audio... so, I'm not even sure why you would use USB in any case.
Old 14th December 2017
Lives for gear

Well, I finally had a chance to demo the MPC X in store, with 'version 2.0.3' on it.

I'd highly recommend go and demoing one before buying. It may be helpful to find one with 'version 2.0.5' because apparently they 'fixed' a lot of the 'missing features' that are kinda require to, you know, make music with the unit, that have been on all MPs/QYs/MVs since 1988?

It was embarrassingly bad. After 50 minutes I walked away frustrated and disappointed, and I have been using an MPC for years. I really wanted to love this unit. Whoever designed the UI/UX for this unit needs to be fired, and then rehired to be fired again. As a software developer I feel bad for how that team must feel after using that mess.

Maybe I'll try again in a year when they have a 'version 2.1.0'. The idea is great, and the hardware seems nice.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search