The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Youlean Loudness Meter - FREE Plugin Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
Just downloaded it ... vst3 doesn't appear in plugins list and vst crashes Cubase 9.0.1
Are you using Windows? I will check this.
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Addict
It's working fine here in C9.0.1 (x64)
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Addict
It's working fine here in C9.0.1 (64b/ x64)
Old 17th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youlean View Post
Are you using Windows? I will check this.
Just pm'ed you
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydpik View Post
Because RMS is still crucial when mastering for CD, ITunes and basically all none streaming products. I prefer not to, but it's still a demand for some of my customers, so I don't have much of a choice...
OK, this makes a sense, but I think I won't add RMS as this is dying out (like CD), and LUFS is much better.
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Head

For all of you that use Cubase try older version. I think that it should work. I will test this bug later.

macOS

Windows
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Fantastic plugin. Just saved me some serious cash!

Voted :¬)

It lacks in the UI department though, and has some shortcomings. I took the liberty of mocking up an updated UI for you (I used to be a Lead Usability Consultant for MasterCard, Barclays, Sky TV and various other global corporate bastards).

Changes:
  • Colour assigned to particular function/output
  • Used simple gradients as backgrounds for panels - they catch the eye
  • Removed the LUFS after each reading to make the value clearer
  • Colour co-ordinated Short Term LUFS panel with the ST LUFS arrow on the meter
  • Simple (sexy) gradient on the meter
  • Base of the meter (-23) matches the colour on the graph
  • Made the Momentary and ST Max readouts easier to read
  • Matched the Momentary Max value colour with the corresponding line graph (yellow)
  • Colour co-ordinated the ST Max value colour with the line on the graph (rust)
  • All buttons have a distinct look - it's obvious what can be pressed
  • Graph toggles (ST, Moment and Time) buttons colour co-ordinated with graph lines and ST/M max values
  • Drop downs have a consistent look (distinct from simple buttons)
  • Removed the (huge, and I dare say completely pointless) banner. It looks *far* more professional without it
  • True Peak dBs value colour co-ordinated with peaks on graph
  • Added a tooltip/help bar at the bottom - incredibly useful. You can use content from the manual to populate
  • Used meaningful words for the Standard types (Broadcast, YouTube, Radio etc)
  • Spaced things out a bit better

Note: I was intending to add the Settings cog bottom right (next to the jump to end button) but forgot :¬)

I kept to your original layout as much as possible. Adding a gradient in code is very easy too. It's all basically slight positional tweaks and intentional use of colour (to draw the eye), and to make elements of the interface obvious (readout panel, button, dropdown etc).

While functionality is key—and this plugin rocks—UI should never be underestimated. It can make or break something (just look at FabFilter).

If you'd like the PSD file for colour hex codes and whatnot it's yours.
Hey, you did a great work with this GUI! Though I will keep my simpler version because of multiple reasons. First I like more minimal (android material design) look, and second, my simpler GUI will save more CPU for drawing, if I go with more fancy one, I will probably need to switch to bitmaps and then it will be harder to support high DPI screen (GUI scaling is coming in the next version). The banner is going nowhere, this is my visual signature, and in the next versions will get filled by some functions. (see for example my old plugin https://www.kvraudio.com/product/you...cer-by-youlean)
I really like your "Help" section on the bottom. I will try adding something like that in the future.
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhansi View Post
Great plugin with all essential information! Please continue the development.
Thanks, there will be a lot of good stuff in the future...
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Maniac

...please, no offense was intended! ...in the moment the phrase just really struck me as funny ...and indeed, your plugin is quite well done ...Cheers!.../s~
Old 17th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey, you did a great work with this GUI! Though I will keep my simpler version because of multiple reasons. First I like more minimal (android material design) look, and second, my simpler GUI will save more CPU for drawing, if I go with more fancy one, I will probably need to switch to bitmaps and then it will be harder to support high DPI screen (GUI scaling is coming in the next version). The banner is going nowhere, this is my visual signature, and in the next versions will get filled by some functions. (see for example my old plugin https://www.kvraudio.com/product/you...cer-by-youlean)
I really like your "Help" section on the bottom. I will try adding something like that in the future.
Roger that. Please consider colour co-ordinating a few of the interface elements, like the line graph and ST Max etc. Even if it's just the text colour of the numerical ST Max (and Momentary Max).

Gradients are a preference, flat colours work well also.

Regardless, thanks for the plugin.
Old 17th December 2016
Lives for gear

If intention is that this is a broadcast / audio post tool would you consider adding a CALM act clamp in a future evolution?
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Roger that. Please consider colour co-ordinating a few of the interface elements, like the line graph and ST Max etc. Even if it's just the text colour of the numerical ST Max (and Momentary Max).

Gradients are a preference, flat colours work well also.

Regardless, thanks for the plugin.
No problem. I will consider that, but this will go to low priority.
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
If intention is that this is a broadcast / audio post tool would you consider adding a CALM act clamp in a future evolution?
Isn't the CALM act the same as ATSC A/85?
Old 17th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Isn't the CALM act the same as ATSC A/85?
I've yet to use this but you've integrated a true peak limiter to bring program material into compliance?
Old 17th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
I've yet to use this but you've integrated a true peak limiter to bring program material into compliance?
No, the plugin is just meter, if you exceed the true peak threshold you will be notified in the plugin interface. Also true peak threshold will be automatically set differently for different standard.
Old 18th December 2016
Quote:
For all of you that use Cubase try older version. I think that it should work. I will test this bug later.

macOS

Windows
Same problem. VST3 does not appear and VST crashes Cubase 9.0.1 in Os X Mavericks 10.9.5
Old 18th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
Same problem. VST3 does not appear and VST crashes Cubase 9.0.1 in Os X Mavericks 10.9.5
Thanks. I am checking this as we speak.
Old 18th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, the plugin is just meter, if you exceed the true peak threshold you will be notified in the plugin interface. Also true peak threshold will be automatically set differently for different standard.
right. you have done great work.

consider an automatic normalization or limiting stage that would give user a deliverable file that will pass selected standard.

Some digital standards (youtube, facebook, itunes, etc)
Old 18th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
right. you have done great work.

consider an automatic normalization or limiting stage that would give user a deliverable file that will pass selected standard.

Some digital standards (youtube, facebook, itunes, etc)
This probably won't happen in this plugin as it will go too far from definition of "meter", Though I might make new plugin that will do just that.
Old 18th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveGS View Post
...please, no offense was intended! ...in the moment the phrase just really struck me as funny ...and indeed, your plugin is quite well done ...Cheers!.../s~
No worries, not one was offended. :D Thanks!
Old 18th December 2016
Gear Maniac

...oh! good to know!...I learned "american" on the streets of the us...and university didn't help...you could ask my old professors ...(sigh)...Cheers! .../s~
Old 18th December 2016
Lives for gear

This is great work! Thanks Youlean!
Old 18th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamm7215 View Post
This is great work! Thanks Youlean!
Thanks! :D
Old 18th December 2016
Gear Head

To macOS Cubase owners: Can you put VST3 from the latest version 1.0.4 and tell me if it crash Cubase? I know that GUI resizing doesn't work properly and this will be fixed soon. The plugin should be in "Analyzer" category.
Old 18th December 2016
Lives for gear

Hi @Youlean

Very very nice job on this Loudness Meter. Really great job & always great having super talented people like you joining those who have also decided to take the route of bringing great valuable plugins in a very very accessible to all without cutting corners in quality ;-) Kudos
Old 18th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Hi @Youlean

Very very nice job on this Loudness Meter. Really great job & always great having super talented people like you joining those who have also decided to take the route of bringing great valuable plugins in a very very accessible to all without cutting corners in quality ;-) Kudos
Thanks! :D
Old 18th December 2016
A .
Here for the gear

Quote:
To macOS Cubase owners: Can you put VST3 from the latest version 1.0.4 and tell me if it crash Cubase? I know that GUI resizing doesn't work properly and this will be fixed soon. The plugin should be in "Analyzer" category.
Couldn't download version 1.0.4 for Mac from KVRDC16 page.
No problem with Windows version.
Old 18th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by A . View Post
Couldn't download version 1.0.4 for Mac from KVRDC16 page.
No problem with Windows version.
Please try again, here it downloads just fine.
Old 18th December 2016
A .
Here for the gear

Quote:
Please try again, here it downloads just fine.
Downloaded, thanks!
Doesn't work in OS 10.8.5. What is minimal requirements for Mac?
Old 18th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by A . View Post
Downloaded, thanks!
Doesn't work in OS 10.8.5. What is minimal requirements for Mac?
It should work on 10.7 and newer. What DAW are you using? What problems do you have?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search