The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Scarbee Classic EP-88s Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 9th February 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarbee View Post
Hey Guys...
Hi, I just want to say, you are one of a small number of people I can think of who have significantly advanced the art of sampling. Thanks!
Old 10th February 2017
Lives for gear
Sounds very sweet. I'm not a huge fan of the slow tremolo on some of the demos, kinda seasick-ishy, but these keys are touching all the right places for me.

edit: what gets me is the high velocity on the lower keys and the grit comes out. That sounds very good.
Old 15th March 2017
SEA
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey Guys
There are many fine EPs out there for sure and which one suits you is often a question of taste and need. We made our product specially for PLAYERS - meaning that we spend a lot of time making it react in an inspiring way.
I LOVE THIS RHODES!!!! Each patch is GREAT! It has inspired me a lot and I've only got to play it for a few minutes!

Demos are coming soon!

Quote:
It made it more expensive to produce as the extra effort took a long time to do. We needed to see it 100% as our original vision.
Mission Accomplished Thomas!

Last edited by SEA; 15th March 2017 at 09:56 PM..
Old 19th March 2017
SEA
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey Guys

There are many fine EPs out there for sure and which one suits you is often a question of taste and need. We made our product specially for PLAYERS - meaning that we spend a lot of time making it react in an inspiring way. It made it more expensive to produce as the extra effort took a long time to do. This is also why we decided to release it outside Native Instruments as they would not have allowed the expanded production time for sure as it is a potential "profit-suicide". Its probably true - however we needed to see it 100% as our original vision.

For what its worth Scarbee Classic EP-88s has got 66 x 5/5 Stars user reviews from people who bought it. No scores below that.

We just released Scarbee Vintage keys 2 - and updated version of the previous bundle where Mark 1 is replaced by the Scarbee Classic EP-88s.
you can see prices on our site.
As a "Player" myself, I give it 10 STARS and spreading the word!

So Thomas! You rebuilt 2 Mark I's correct? Did you use both in making Scarbee Classic EP-88S or just one? Sounds great!
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA View Post
As a "Player" myself, I give it 10 STARS and spreading the word!

So Thomas! You rebuilt 2 Mark I's correct? Did you use both in making Scarbee Classic EP-88S or just one? Sounds great!
How we actually made it is a secret. But we fully restored 3 Mark 1 instruments - one 88 from 1974 and two 73' from 1976. We even put new tolex, all metal, logos etc on them.
Old 20th March 2017
SEA
Lives for gear

Quote:
How we actually made it is a secret. But we fully restored 3 Mark 1 instruments - one 88 from 1974 and two 73' from 1976. We even put new tolex, all metal, logos etc on them.
I KNOW it's a secret! I just wanted to know how many Mark I's did ya use!

So know I am getting the VERY BEST of 3 pianos! AWESOME!
Old 14th April 2017
Lives for gear

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Hi Thomas, long time user here and delighted to see this as I've just upgraded my SSD to purchase ... Keyscape (!) ... but without doubt I'm going to give this a run first since I've been using your stuff solidly on EXS24 for many years now. (The rest of this post has been answered now by the FAQ)

Cheers and thanks for coming back to us

(Edit) Now I've re-registered so that I can get into the site, I can see you've answered my questions in the FAQ - all old accounts gone and no overloud FX, just internal NI-based FX ...

After a lot of messing about with p-lists after the Connect installer hung and wouldn't restart, I've just installed this. Thomas, so far it sounds superb ... exactly the update that was needed after all these years. It's the playability that's striking - it's like Joe on sounds and gear said - it's the feel that comes across just as strongly as the sound, the way that physical modelling does, but with a much better sound. With my VPC-1 as an 88 note master and a note for every key - this feels like a complete and organic "whole" instrument. In short, fabulous job, I'm off to play more ...

Last edited by dr_Jezz; 15th April 2017 at 08:52 PM..
Old 8th May 2017
Good to hear from you, Mr. Scarbee!!

Quote:
Hi
Just want to chime in and clear out some facts

SCARBEE is still partners with Native Instruments - but I needed to release some products on my own - like Scarbee Classic EP-88s. I also missed to direct user contact and will soon sell all my products on our website. Native Instruments will continue to sell our products - but not the ones I release exclusively on www.scarbee.com.

When you work with bigger companies you need to agree on the products - they also have to "match" the company cataloque. Everyone that knows me - knows that Im not the type that will look for the next market trend and create that kind of product - Im not that clever... Maybe i will learn before its too late - but for now I just go where my passion is.
Hi!!

I go back to the days of "Imperial Drums XL"... is there a newer version that will load into the latest version of Kontakt? (BTW, I threw out the DVD's, thinking they were too old to use. Now thinking, I should have contacted you first.) :(

Take care Scarbee.

-Seth-
Old 2nd August 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi
Just want to chime in and clear out some facts

SCARBEE is still partners with Native Instruments - but I needed to release some products on my own - like Scarbee Classic EP-88s. I also missed to direct user contact and will soon sell all my products on our website. Native Instruments will continue to sell our products - but not the ones I release exclusively on www.scarbee.com.

When you work with bigger companies you need to agree on the products - they also have to "match" the company cataloque. Everyone that knows me - knows that Im not the type that will look for the next market trend and create that kind of product - Im not that clever... Maybe i will learn before its too late - but for now I just go where my passion is.
Thank you for your wonderful piano plug-in!

I did a search for a manual, but found this forum instead.

When I insert the plug-in into a rack in Kontakt 5, it seems to automatically assign itself to receive information on the MIDI channel corresponding to its position in the rack. If it is the fourth instrument in the rack, it receives information on channel 4. That could be a nice feature, depending on the situation.

The question is, how do I assign it to an output, in Kontakt! It defaults to the main output, even if i change it on the "edit" page. A screen shot is attached.

Thank you, again!
Attached Thumbnails
Scarbee Classic EP-88s-screen-shot-2017-08-02-9.58.47-am.png  
Old 2nd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just picked this up today... friggin stunning

Quick question, if we disable the 88 key switch are we then hearing the 73s?
Old 26th October 2018
Gear Nut

For those who are interested in hearing more Skarbee Classic EP88s , here are 2 short demos:

and

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search