The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Louder Than Liftoff is proud to present the Silver Bullet - Void Corp Edition
Old 27th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
To help Brad out --

For quite awhile, Void Corp Silver Bullets -- serial numbers VC0101 and higher - are identical to the Silver Face Silver Bullets. Aside from the faceplate of course.
Well, I’m a little bummed I missed out. Didn’t have the dough. Ah well, thanks for the update. Back to using my fantastic regular old Silver Bullet!
Old 2nd August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintelligence View Post
Early impressions are that the VCSB will replace A LOT, probably most of ITB-Mojo stuff on the mixbus from now on, together with my Rubert Neve MBP.
Those two seems like a very nice combo for a long time to come.

Great encoders, good metering, switches maybe on the chunkier side, but very strurdy overall feel.
Sonically, spot on.

Playing around with the settings for the first time, on well known audio material, is like...enjoying a very well prepared and cooked dinner.

This unit will speed up the work flow substancially, going from point A to B in a more time efficient way, I think.
I'm long time (10-15 years) fan and user of UADplugins/Sequoia and mostly into producing/mix/mastering where the VCSB alone replaces loads of UAD-mojo-GoTo-stuff such as LA2/Ampex102/Pultec etc on the mixbus. Together with the RupertNeve/MBP there won't be much need for anything else on the mixbus, except maybe an EQ in the 300-3k range.

Been playing around with line out levels from my D/A (Lynx Hilo), and tried to figure out if there's any optimal setting together with the VCSB?
Lower output level settings opens up for a "wider range" on the mojo gain to play around with, or..."fine tuning possibilities", before it starts...cracking.

/Johan

As someone who just got the Neve MBP (and I absolutely love it)...and considering the Silver Bullet (void corporate edition is available again)...I'm dying to know how it's been working out for you using both on the 2bus. I assume you are putting the SB before the MBP? Does it truly make a big difference running the entire mix through the SB before the MBP to make it sound more 3D? Or are you also sending all of your individually recorded tracks through the SB first (then printing in your DAW)...and then using the MBP for mastering duties? I appreciate any feedback!
Old 3rd August 2018
Here for the gear

The SB is always before the MBP, but not necessarily used together all the time.

For "re-amping" individual tracks or groups in a mix session, the SB alone is capable to bring up things upfront in a very special way, in most situations.
Fiddling around with subtle settings for just a few seconds...and then switch back to bypass...same smile every time, still after 18+ months use.
I often tend to end up with the N-A-mojo setting and the filters/EQ are spot on.

But the MBP does similar tricks as well sometimes. It just walks a slightly different mojo-path with its transformers, and I like the red silk and the SFE in particular.

Multiple runs through the SB?
No worries, mate.

For more creative sound design options I've added a couple of modules from ADT Audio to this chain as well.
Stereo Opto compressor, Niveau filter and 5band eq.
Old 6th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintelligence View Post
The SB is always before the MBP, but not necessarily used together all the time.

For "re-amping" individual tracks or groups in a mix session, the SB alone is capable to bring up things upfront in a very special way, in most situations.
Fiddling around with subtle settings for just a few seconds...and then switch back to bypass...same smile every time, still after 18+ months use.
I often tend to end up with the N-A-mojo setting and the filters/EQ are spot on.

But the MBP does similar tricks as well sometimes. It just walks a slightly different mojo-path with its transformers, and I like the red silk and the SFE in particular.

Multiple runs through the SB?
No worries, mate.

For more creative sound design options I've added a couple of modules from ADT Audio to this chain as well.
Stereo Opto compressor, Niveau filter and 5band eq.
I appreciate the insight! I have a strong feeling that the Silver Bullet will be making its way into my studio very soon. Thanks!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search