The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slate Digital Announces New EVERYTHING BUNDLE Plans
Old 27th January 2018
Lives for gear

Well I just did the unthinkable (for me anyway) and sold all my perpetual licenses and used the money to get the annual subscription. Plus I pocketed over $1k on top of it. It’s crazy how fast all the licenses sold. All of them in just a couple hours.
Old 27th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz View Post
Well I just did the unthinkable (for me anyway) and sold all my perpetual licenses and used the money to get the annual subscription. Plus I pocketed over $1k on top of it. It’s crazy how fast all the licenses sold. All of them in just a couple hours.
If it is no confidencial, what was prices for fast sale?
I have almost all licenses and also thinking to sell, thanks!
Old 27th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighEnd View Post
If it is no confidencial, what was prices for fast sale?
I have almost all licenses and also thinking to sell, thanks!
I priced them under what they go for of course, but not too much. I offered a lower if someone bought more at a time since ilok fees cap off at $50.
For instance, most plugins that sell for $99 I sold for $75 each in a bundle. The ones that were $149 I sold for $115 and the $199 plugs I sold for $145. I had about three people I think buy them all up in bundles.

Currently I still have VBC left and I just lowered it to $50 just to get it out. I also own Batch Commander for Pro Tools (I know that’s not in the everything bundle) but after a couple years of Slate not putting out a Windows version it looks like it will never happen so I’m selling that one too.
Old 20th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
We're gonna release over twenty new incredible plugins this year so you've chosen wisely.

Yes, you heard that right.

Cheers,
Steven
Whatever happened to this, Steven???
Old 24th November 2018
Gear Head

After making sure my everything bundle pro account was paused a week or so ago, I just received an email thanking me for renewing my annual subscription! Anybody else having this happen to them? I've sent an email to Slate support, so I hope they can sort this out, but nothing so far.

Is there any way to contact someone at Slate directly? I seem to remember talking to them by phone years ago, but I guess the support ticket system is the current way. EDIT: I never received a confirmation e-mail from my original ticket, so I resubmitted a ticket from my desktop computer instead of my tablet and received a confirmation of receipt. Hopefully, that will get the ball rolling and the original communication was just lost in the ozone.

Last edited by rezn8r; 26th November 2018 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Kgdrum. Please see one of my previous posts which clearly outlines how our plugins are CHEAPER than they used to be years ago. Then last month we offered one of our most acclaimed plugins (VTC), which was nominated for a Tec Award, for 70% OFF.

FG-X 2 has been in constant development and its development is doing very well. It's in the capable hands of one of the foremost experts in DSP and therefore will be worth the wait. Until then, contact support if you have issues with FG-X. I don't see any tickets about it at all right now.

Cheers,
Steven

Almost 1 more year has gone by and no FG-X 2, I'm glad to see the FG-X update "development is doing very well"
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc View Post
Almost 1 more year has gone by and no FG-X 2, I'm glad to see the FG-X update "development is doing very well"
Perhaps because the loudness wars ended it's not a big priority anymore? Would folks here say that maybe maximizer type limiters are not as highly sought after as they were a year or so ago? They used to be one of my most important plugins but since the streaming -14 LUFS loudness cap (or thereabouts) not so more for me.
Old 6th February 2019
Here for the gear

SD Everything Bundle just suddenly stopped working

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I purchased the Slate Digital Everything Bundle in January 2019, and it worked brilliantly for about 3 weeks. However, the other morning when I opened the DAW as normal (had made no changes anywhere), suddenly all Slate Digital plugins were asking for activation codes and wouldn't open. This has stopped my workflow in it's tracks as I have used SD plugins throughout my current songs. On my SD account and the iLk account, both say the bundle is active. Very confused, frustrated and need help - have contacted SD Support but so far have only had a "Request Received" email, but no actual support or help.

Steve Slate, it would be great if your company's customer service matched the level of professionalism that you present in publicity of your products. I have loved the bundle products and hence they are now sitting all through my new songs. The ONLY problem is that they now DON'T WORK for no apparent reason and I'm not getting any help to sort this out. Secondly, I am locked in until January 2020 in the annual commitment program, so I have 11 monthly payments left until I can stop the renewal payments - not that I want to do that, but it's no good paying for a product that doesn't work. Please Steve and SD support team, all I am asking is that I get what I am paying for and the support to make that happen.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks.
Old 6th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtuesday View Post
Steven - without expecting a definitive answer of course, what kind of assurances are you giving us that the next "version" of your subscription plan doesn't "replace" the delay, then the amp sim, then the reverb again, etc etc?
Quote:
Totally justifiable concern, but let me assure you that without question, it's nothing to worry about. While I can't go into much detail, the kind of arrangements we have with our other 3rd Party plugin devs is completely different and built for long term. And again, if someone really wants to keep LX480, they can do it. We're not taking anything away.
Source: Slate Digital Announces New EVERYTHING BUNDLE Plans

This post did not age well. I posted a rebuttal on the Moan Zone: Another Slate Digital Subscription Plugin Bites the Dust
Old 8th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Source: Slate Digital Announces New EVERYTHING BUNDLE Plans

This post did not age well. I posted a rebuttal on the Moan Zone: Another Slate Digital Subscription Plugin Bites the Dust
Ouch!

The trouble with doing business with a third-party is ultimately, you have little to no control over that third party. If they want to leave, no amount of legal threats and contract waving can physically stop them. If they go bust, then they go bust and it's Goodnight Vienna.. If they decide to shut up shop and their software later stops working on the latest MacOS, then you are stuffed. You can't force them to update their software if they've left the building.

I feel for Slate, I really do. I'm sure he meant what he said at the time (clearly naively with the benefit of hindsight) but when there are things outside of your control, don't make promises about them!

I'm actually quite tempted to get INTO the Slate subscription, but if I decide to do it, I'll do it for the Slate software, not the third-party stuff. We'll see...
Old 8th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Ouch!

The trouble with doing business with a third-party is ultimately, you have little to no control over that third party. If they want to leave, no amount of legal threats and contract waving can physically stop them. If they go bust, then they go bust and it's Goodnight Vienna.. If they decide to shut up shop and their software later stops working on the latest MacOS, then you are stuffed. You can't force them to update their software if they've left the building.

I feel for Slate, I really do. I'm sure he meant what he said at the time (clearly naively with the benefit of hindsight) but when there are things outside of your control, don't make promises about them!

I'm actually quite tempted to get INTO the Slate subscription, but if I decide to do it, I'll do it for the Slate software, not the third-party stuff. We'll see...
I too sympathize with Steven.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I just hope the U73b never goes away!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search