The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System
Old 27th September 2016
Lives for gear

SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System

Extremely happy to present this new line:

MicCab - A Cabinet of Microphones.

Ribbon, Large Condenser, Small Condenser, an ever growing library of models.

Select the Model, set Gain, set or automate Proximity.

MicCab is a software product which emulates a set of great microphones, well known and useful for their character.

Models are based on measurements and on physical models, to approximate the behavior of microphones and get an extremely versatile system. The library of microphone models will be expanded in a dedicated web library. This first release contains a dual ribbon model, a large diaphragm well known model and a modern/vintage small diaphragm model.
Modeling is based on a choice of commercially available devices, from cheap but great sounding to sophisticated, for a wide range of choice depending on the budget or to build a large tracking system without spending crazy amounts (e.g. for multi-mic tracking like drums).
MicCab can also be used just as a palette of dynamic colors.

Released in October, will be available as VST/AU/AAX/32/64bit.

AAX-DSP is available, too, making is a very interesting tool for tracking and for live use with Avid Venue consoles.

-------------------------------------------

Small diaphragm:

Large diaphragm:

Old 28th September 2016
Lives for gear

Very nice!
Old 28th September 2016
Lives for gear

Cool! Interested to hear
Old 30th September 2016
Lives for gear

Technology included in our new virtual drumsets, too, so stop by booth #632 to hear these on drums
Old 3rd October 2016
Lives for gear

This first version will include the three models you can see here.

I'd like to launch a poll for the next models. Write here if you have any special request, we'll look for the most requested ones and model them
Old 3rd October 2016
Lives for gear

Microtech Gefell UM92.1s
Old 4th October 2016
Lives for gear

Quinto, please, add a demo to your product if possible.

Old 5th October 2016
Lives for gear

I'd love to hear some wavs of these beauties. I'm checking out Slate's VMS, so this could be a nice alternative. I'm also curious to hear the final sound when using it on tracks recorded with different real life microphones, that aren't normally flat. How does the original mic colour affect the modelled sound? I ask because VMS comes with a flat response mic that contributes to an exact simulation, but with this, we'll be using our own mics, whose EQ response will have a big impact on the final sound.

Also, what's the estimated price on this bundle?

Thanks!
Old 5th October 2016
Lives for gear

You can think of mic modeling in three ways:

- Emulate the sound of the modeled microphone. Requires a reference chain to be used for tracking.
- Just a palette of colors (which are NOT EQ curves).
- Emulate the microphone on a source that isn't tracked through mics, like synths or inline instruments.

We are providing the reference to alternative sets of microphones. You can choose your favourite, depending on the budget. The expensive ones are from Earthworks.
Old 5th October 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moore View Post
Microtech Gefell UM92.1s
Vote #1 !
Old 5th October 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
- Just a palette of colors (which are NOT EQ curves).
- Emulate the microphone on a source that isn't tracked through mics, like synths or inline instruments.
Those reasons are good enough for me
Old 6th October 2016
Lives for gear

Yes, this line is getting a demo version.

We're also making official the Mic models suggested for the best results.
Old 4th March 2017
Lives for gear

This one is going to come out.

We'll be offering three options:

- Software based. Just a color palette on existing tracks, like synths.

- Cost-effective "Project studio" solution. Models are calibrated on a Behringer C-2 small capsule microphone. Yes, really. They can perform exceptionally well and cost about 30$ each. You'll be shocked by the results. Build a whole studio with ten mics for 300$.

- Professional Ultra-matched solution. Relies on a custom-matched microphone from Earthworks, producers of some of the most transparent and detailed mics. A set of ultra-matched mics is included and they are all inter-changeable. Just imagine tracking a band (live or in the studio) through all these matched units and selecting the models from the console.

You can also write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it for info and pricing.
Old 13th October 2017
Lives for gear

Looks like we are finally ready to go. MicCab Microphone Modeling virtual studio.

Based on a couple of commercial microphones:

- Earthworks SR25 (top option).
- Rode M5 (effective option).

Note: we are collecting requests for microphone models to be added to the list. Send an email to quintosardo at yahoo dot it and we'll try to get the test mics needed.

This is a one-purchase solution. New models are added as free updates.
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear

After a looong time working on it, believe or not, it is coming.

As usual, with a good option for active users
Attached Thumbnails
SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_57.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_193.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_414.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_421.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_cls.jpg  

SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_d12.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_gfl.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_pls.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_r44.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_r84.jpg  

SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_ryr.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_sny.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_srb.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_tlf.jpg   SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_u47.jpg  

SKnote announce MicCab - Microphone Modeling System-miccab_u67.jpg  
Old 26th April 2018
Lives for gear

So, which real physical microphones have you decided to use as a starting point for this modelling? Is it still Earthworks?

I guess that one could use any good sounding and linear enough mic to get some interesting results, if not 100% try to the intended sound of the original mic modelled? I have a Townend Shpere, which is pretty linear and very clean. Sure, it comes with models already, but there are no rules. :D Could I use that or is it only meant for small diaphragm mics?
Old 26th April 2018
Lives for gear

Rode M5, Audio Technica 2045 (by memory, could be wrong on this), Townsend and soon Antelope.

The point with using "a good linear mic" is that really flat mics are usually omnis.
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

I'm bored of EQs and compressors now, so this sort of thing really excites me. Looking forward to this
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

That's a beautiful range of mics... Coles 4038? C'mon Q, let's have it!
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Nut

Mic Cab

So...is Mic Cab available for purchase?
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyzzz View Post
So...is Mic Cab available for purchase?
Has it really been two years since this was announced? No, I it's not available yet.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Has it really been two years since this was announced? No, I it's not available yet.
Yeah, pretty ridiculous even for sycophants.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

We love you prof

Do you want to get effective somehow? Try to comment about something positive, too (even we have something, just imagine), talk about something that you actually deal with (an user of something from us?), well, try not to appear too much as a stalker. This is a sincere tip

Last edited by quintosardo; 31st October 2018 at 06:03 PM..
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
Yeah, pretty ridiculous even for sycophants.
I'm in no rush
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
We love you prof

Do you want to get effective somehow? Try to comment about something positive, too (even we have something, just imagine), talk about something that you actually deal with (an user of something from us?), well, try not to appear too much as a stalker. This is a sincere tip
Do you want to be a respectable dev somehow?? Try delivering on what you promise in a reasonable time frame instead of blaming anyone that asks a question about it. Actually do something about it. Stop releasing half or mostly functioning plugins. Try not to appear like you don't have an ounce of respect for your customers. When you're fanbois start questioning you, you really should pay attention. This is a sincere tip.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

We really love you!

Why don'tyou tell us about something you use, how it is working for you, what is an even small positive bit that keeps you following us?

There should be something positive, or something we owe you, otherwise you look just like a stalker!

Are you an user? Are you waiting for something we owe you? Let us know, prof!
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are you an user? Are you waiting for something we owe you? Let us know, prof!
Yes, I am a user. You owe me the courtesy of a plugin that is fully functioning.
Now pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Really? Why don't you tell us which one it is?
Do you really think that I know nicknames, prof?
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Really? Why don't you tell us which one it is?
Do you really think that I know nicknames, prof?
Deflect all you want. Nicknames have nothing to do with it. You know which plugs aren't working properly. It's not news to you. Do something positive about it instead of pretending everything is "rock solid".
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

They are all working like rocks. Send a request to mirko at sknoteaudio dot com specifying which product, what issues, which system. Simple!
You'll get assistance or a refund if you report a problem when you install it. So simple!

Reporting in a random thread about a product that is not even released won't make your system better. Saying it shouldn't be needed, no?

mirko at sknoteaudio dot com
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search