The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Waves Audio Introduces SoundGrid® Connect
Old 25th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDStudios View Post
Unless you have actually created a system that integrates within industry standard equipment like Pro Tools HDX and digital consoles like those by Yamaha, Digico, Cadac and Allen & Heath, you are just self-aggrandizing to a massive degree.

Waves obviously cater to much different clients than you. And a lot of them are associated with big acts - Live Sound Artists | Waves

My Grand dad still uses the computer I built him 14 years ago. You clearly ripped your client off by making him something he doesn't need.
What the heck is self-grandadizing? and what does my build history got to do with it? You lost the argument as soon as you started making words up that are provoking.

Anyhow I am not trying to sell myself just passing on the truth. For the last time, $800 would buy you a LOT MORE CPU than the WORD PROCESSING server. lol

I would never plan a live event and rely on a Server if CPU was an issue for the local EDM pub artist never mind a World Tour. Toooo many links in the chain. KISS
Old 25th November 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBackDrop View Post
What the heck is self-grandadizing? and what does my build history got to do with it? You lost the argument as soon as you started making words up that are provoking.

Anyhow I am not trying to sell myself just passing on the truth. For the last time, $800 would buy you a LOT MORE CPU than the WORD PROCESSING server. lol

I would never plan a live event and rely on a Server if CPU was an issue for the local EDM pub artist never mind a World Tour. Toooo many links in the chain. KISS

I wasn't actually alive in the 17th century to create that word.

The truth is entirely apparent. I don't doubt that Soundgrid isn't for everyone... but large, scalable digital systems are hugely common place within the wider audio industry, from news rooms to venues to post studios. Link after link after link to form incredibly complex and purpose built setups get used day in and day out in professional contexts for events with huge budgets and huge tech requirements.

If you can't get it to work, you must be doing something wrong.
Old 25th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wasn't actually alive in the 17th century to create that word.
Well it scores a whopping 25 points in Scrabble, which is 16 more points than the word Stupid! 9 more points than the word Cocky! and 21 points than the word Slut!

Old 25th November 2016
Quote:
Well it scores a whopping 25 points in Scrabble, which is 16 more points than the word Stupid! 9 more points than the word Cocky! and 21 points than the word Slut!

Probably depends on circumstance though. Those double and triple word scores can really solidify a victory.
Old 25th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Prefixes and words with origins dating back to the 17th century are hardly new.

The truth is entirely apparent. I don't doubt that Soundgrid isn't for everyone... but large, scalable digital systems are hugely common place within the wider audio industry, from news rooms to venues to post studios. Link after link after link to form incredibly complex and purpose built setups get used day in and day out in professional contexts for events with huge budgets and huge tech requirements.

If you can't get it to work, you must be doing something wrong.
Your changing your posts now, that's cheating!

You said LIVE... now you come back with all this.

This is about an $800 word processor been sold as the next greatest thing. Stop been argumentative.

No one cares what "professional", "big budget", "complexes" use and if they did they are probably reading a really boring forum.

I represent the hard working, self taught, never say die producers/mixers/artists - that hate to get burnt...

(not that they know it) lol

need to sleep...... be safe x
Old 25th November 2016
Quote:
Your changing your posts now, that's cheating!

You said LIVE... now you come back with all this.

This is about an $800 word processor been sold as the next greatest thing. Stop been argumentative.

No one cares what "professional", "big budget", "complexes" use and if they did they are probably reading a really boring forum.

I represent the hard working, self taught, never say die producers/mixers/artists - that hate to get burnt...

(not that they know it) lol

Speaking of Scrabble, I reckon there is probably a word within the business management vernacular that describes the correlation between a person's position within the target market of a product, and the opinion that they have of the product. Can't please everyone, as they say.

I wouldn't say Soundgrid is being sold as the next greatest thing. Just another option for a very diverse audio industry.
Old 28th November 2016
Lives for gear

Lets not forget it takes a lot of R&D to get AVB technology working right and having it reliably. It's not just some random ethernet technology.

Most synthesisers are essentially glorified computers, our mobile devices are glorified computers, the Xbox & PlayStation are glorified computers. There is so, so, so many products out there that just build on the basic concept of a computer. This isn't an exclusive thing Waves is doing. UAD does it. Sure they are working with a different processor, but they didn't have to. You could argue that you can build a system to its specs instead of buying hardware from them.

From experience, and i have plenty of it, its never usually as simple as "just building your own".
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search