The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Samplitude Pro X3 released
Old 20th September 2016
Old 20th September 2016
Lives for gear

ARA and DDP, that is kickass!
Old 21st September 2016
Lives for gear

How is the stability of this release? I skipped few previous releases because the stability factor was absolutely atrocious. The program was hanging during exits, the performance was half of what I could get in Reaper, and I had some sync problems etc. Don't remember all details but, all in all, it was unusable.

I was using samplitude from version 4.0 all the way to v11 and then I came back to v10 which is still running just fine but all serious productions got migrated to Reaper.
I hope they got it right with this release.
Old 21st September 2016
Gear Maniac

Did they ever implement pre-roll recording? I left some 4 years ago because of stability issues and very high CPU usage, but perhaps all that has been fixed. Just curious (happy with Reaper, mixing with Mixbus).
Old 21st September 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Did they ever implement pre-roll recording? I left some 4 years ago because of stability issues and very high CPU usage, but perhaps all that has been fixed. Just curious (happy with Reaper, mixing with Mixbus).
You can choose pre-record and post record amounts. I presume that's what you mean? If so it's been around for quite a while.

Old 21st September 2016
magix right now is a caos.
And Samplitude is the caos in the caos.
(see picture with spanish and english in menu)
(and other picture with bitmap from SEKD -in sam x3 x64, sure very usefull)
This people need rewrite the entire code.
Open exe with resource editor, and you can se dialogs from 10 years ago, not cleaned from code . . . and the last launch 14.x is the most horrible version from all times

SORRY, WRONG BETATESTERS!
Things so simple like mono out in a channel is not posible.
And list of bugs is infinite.
They know, but not solved.
Aspect (even with birdline skins) is horrible, because no public information.
Oh yes, you can make skins . . but . . . where are the tools? Where is a manual to make skins?

pfffff . . .
No more money from me. (3 licenses here)
I will test new version, but from now, very happy user on studio one 3.
(miss a lot of things, of course)
Attached Thumbnails
Samplitude Pro X3 released-sin-titulo-1.jpg   Samplitude Pro X3 released-sin-titulo-2.jpg  

Last edited by itbalcubo; 22nd September 2016 at 09:39 PM..
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by itbalcubo View Post
magix right now is a caos.
And Samplitude is the caos in the caos.
(see picture with spanish and english in menu)
This people need rewrite the entire code.
Open exe with resource editor, and you can se dialogs from 10 years ago, not cleaned from code . . . and the last launch 14.x is the most horrible version from all times

SORRY, WRONG BETATESTERS!
Things so simple like mono out in a channel is not posible.
And list of bugs is infinite.
They know, but not solved.
Aspect (even with birdline skins) is horrible, because no public information.
Oh yes, you can make skins . . but . . . where are the tools? Where is a manual to make skins?

pfffff . . .
No more money from me. (3 licenses here)
I will test new version, but from now, very happy user on studio one 3.
(miss a lot of things, of course)
Hope you feel better now you've got that off your chest :-) Studio One is a good alternative I have it as well but I'm dedicated to Samplitude.
Old 21st September 2016
Kraznet samplitude is a better daw, you know, i know . . .
but no one wants move a finger in that company.
Need fresh blood . . .
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by itbalcubo View Post
Kraznet samplitude is a better daw, you know, i know . . .
but no one wants move a finger in that company.
Need fresh blood . . .
I respect your opinion but it's not mine.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznet View Post
You can choose pre-record and post record amounts. I presume that's what you mean? If so it's been around for quite a while.
No. That's not it. Pre-roll recording is different from pre-record. Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB7sTIq7sM4

Pre-roll recording is a very simple and useful feature where the playhead starts playing the set "pre-roll" amount (in seconds or beats/bars) before actual recording starts. Makes overdubbing very easy and accurate because once you enable the feature, all you need to do is place the cursor/playhead at the point where you want recording to start.

It's a standard feature in mainstream DAWs like ProTools, Logic, Reaper, Studio One, etc. Samplitude didn't have it - I just wanted to know if you have implemented it recently.
Old 21st September 2016
Lives for gear

Seems neither Softube or Duende plugins will load.

And 'copy/paste vst automation parameter' that worked with ProX is now broken, so there is less automation features then before.

ARA seems very refreshing, though..
Gear Addict
Quote:
No. That's not it. Pre-roll recording is different from pre-record. Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB7sTIq7sM4

Pre-roll recording is a very simple and useful feature where the playhead starts playing the set "pre-roll" amount (in seconds or beats/bars) before actual recording starts. Makes overdubbing very easy and accurate because once you enable the feature, all you need to do is place the cursor/playhead at the point where you want recording to start.

It's a standard feature in mainstream DAWs like ProTools, Logic, Reaper, Studio One, etc. Samplitude didn't have it - I just wanted to know if you have implemented it recently.
You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2n5...ature=youtu.be
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznet View Post
Exactly! Those are very good news. Thanks for taking the time to post the video. Much appreciated.
Old 21st September 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Did they ever implement pre-roll recording? ... Just curious (happy with Reaper, mixing with Mixbus).

Quote:
No. That's not it. Pre-roll recording is different from pre-record. ...

It's a standard feature in mainstream DAWs like ProTools, Logic, Reaper, Studio One, etc. Samplitude didn't have it.
fun fact: I don't use Reaper because it doesn't offer pre-record (aka 'retrospective record') which is itself a standard feature in mainstream DAWs like ProTools, Logic, Cubase, Samplitude, Studio One etc. Reaper doesn't have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafner View Post
fun fact: I don't use Reaper because it doesn't offer pre-record (aka 'retrospective record') which is itself a standard feature in mainstream DAWs like ProTools, Logic, Cubase, Samplitude, Studio One etc. Reaper doesn't have it.
Actually it does. You can set Reaper to always be recording in the background...
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Actually it does. You can set Reaper to always be recording in the background...
Background pre-recording audio or alternatives? - Cockos Confederated Forums

anything changed since then?
Old 21st September 2016
Lives for gear
Surprised to read so many stability complaints, for me X2 was very stable but sure there were 2-3 hickups when first released but didn't take them too long to provide the needed updates.

I'll have to wait a bit on this one, they new features though look pretty cool
Old 21st September 2016
Lives for gear

Does anyone know if they've added proper plugin style hardware inserts that don't require additional tracks?
Old 22nd September 2016
I switched to Samplitude from Cubase many years ago, started with version 9, then 10, and have X2. It is a great DAW that can master and burn CD's as well. No separate program like Wavelab is needed, it has all the meters and functions. However once Cubase 7 and 8 came around with new features like making the mixer faders much wider so it's easier for us to see and work with I have gone back to Cubase. Also Samplitude does not recognize my Midiman Sport 4x4 so I can't use my Mackie Controllers or keyboards. Spent many emails back and forth with Tim when he worked with them and it never got resolved. Wish I could resolve the issues but now who do we go to? Right now I use Samplitude for mastering only. Again great program but for me and others it needs to attention with getting issues resolved instead of adding more features.

Their web site shows X2 with some one working with a analog mixer. http://www.magix.com/us/samplitude/ What does that have to do with the program?
Old 22nd September 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci View Post
Their web site shows X2 with some one working with a analog mixer. MAGIX Samplitude – Audio production What does that have to do with the program?
The marketing dept. has been exhibiting signs of profound confusion for some time now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafner View Post
I thought it had been added. Might be worth a search or a question on the forum.
Gear Maniac

Sorry for offtopic, but yes there is a Reaper script for retrospective recording. Retrospective Record for Reaper(JS+Script) - Cockos Confederated Forums
Old 22nd September 2016
Lives for gear

I couldn't resist and demoed this release alongside my dongled v10. A bunch of plugins and instruments were not recognized even after scanning a designated VST directory a bunch of times. Also, after choosing ASIO driver for the RME AIO card (latest driver) it just refused to play even a single file -instead, it gave me a super loud click/pop sound that nearly perforated my ears. Urgently uninstalled this disgraceful piece of code. Sad! It used to be my favorite DAW.
Old 23rd September 2016
Gear Head

I got the trial for Samplitude Pro X3. Tried to apply Melodyne detected tempo to the project. Couldn't. Not explained in the manual.

In Studio One and Sonar you drag the file to the timeline. Does this feature even work in Samplitude?

Anyone know how to do it?
Old 23rd September 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
I couldn't resist and demoed this release alongside my dongled v10. A bunch of plugins and instruments were not recognized even after scanning a designated VST directory a bunch of times. Also, after choosing ASIO driver for the RME AIO card (latest driver) it just refused to play even a single file -instead, it gave me a super loud click/pop sound that nearly perforated my ears. Urgently uninstalled this disgraceful piece of code. Sad! It used to be my favorite DAW.
Did you post this over at the Samplitude forum also? Seems to be a very shaky rollout for this update.
Old 23rd September 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
Did you post this over at the Samplitude forum also? Seems to be a very shaky rollout for this update.
I stopped posting there awhile back. As I mentioned previously, my main productions are no longer done in Samplitude and I spilled more than enough verbal blood on their forums in the past. Surprisingly their older, dongled versions are running perfectly fine on my computer. In my opinion, this DAW used to be the king of DAWs. Unfortunately, something happened along the way and the spirit of innovation is no longer something that drives this DAW forward. Moreover, stability and CPU efficiency really took a massive blow in recent years.

This is just my experience and I accept that for many users things are perfectly fine.
Old 25th September 2016
Here for the gear

Melodyne A wonderful upgrade that allows me to hear the pitch as I adjust it and stretch or move a note in the same window.
You must open the object and add the plug-in there.
Afterward, now double clicking that object instantly opens Melodyne.
You have to press Ctrl + O to open the object editor...
You will also now see a pitch graph across the object to let you know it is a Melodyne object.

File Manager/ Correct preview Sample play 96000khz (project 48khz)
Workflow - Nice long faders for stock Samp Mixer skins is a great.
The mouse scroll wheel function have me VERY happy! I can turn knobs, move fader, adjust windows and more. Much quicker, easier and at times more accurate.
Soundforge - Will not open. (File/Export/start external program)
X3 nice , but i think, need rewrite the all code and all Workflow GUI
Old 25th September 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eser karaca View Post
X3 nice , but i think, need rewrite the all code and all Workflow GUI
I tried using it a while ago, but quickly cut my losses when I realized not much work was being done to fix the many bugs and stability problems. It's a marginal, dying product nowadays. A pity, because there are some nice concepts/ideas (like the object editor) lost in the big mess.
Old 26th September 2016
Lives for gear

is freeze improved in Samplitude Pro X3(more like Reaper) ?

i Love Reaper for its freeze function as i use CPU hungry tools from Acustica Audio
Acqua+Nebula

every DAW should have this Reaper freeze function really
you can freeze as many times as you want and hear everything in the context in the mix
in this i found Samplitude 2 trial to be inferior , the first freeze is like im used to
but then it gets quirky compared to Reaper

im looking for another DAW that can run these tools with many instances
Reaper and Samplitude is the best DAW`s to run these CPU hungry tools to my knowledge

so if Samplitude Pro x3 have improved freeze it could be my second DAW

Thanks
Old 26th September 2016
miroxp
All your problem is inexperience with samplitude. Because you can make all that things in a very easy way!
freeze is nice too in samp.
📝 Reply