The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Samplitude Pro X3 released
Old 12th October 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post

As a Studio One user, I'm positive something like the Object editor a la S1 is on route... they already started with their "Chanel Editor" and it's a matter of time ;-)
Channel Editor is completely unrelated. As for the rest I invite you to reread my posts in this thread. I don't want to hijack this thread further so I will just leave it at that.

Cheers,
Brock
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstapper View Post
Channel Editor is completely unrelated. As for the rest I invite you to reread my posts in this thread. I don't want to hijack this thread further so I will just leave it at that.

Cheers,
Brock
By the way @ brock , no offense mate, but my post wasn't even based on anything you've wrote in this thread. I was just bringing my point of view about how Object Editor is if not the most amazing and fully featured feature that many of us from different DAW wish to have. As you could see, I quote @ kraznet .

Let's move on shall we? ;-)
Old 12th October 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
To me the sample rate conversion in Sound Forge alone makes the upgrade well worth it.
Bob, are you referring specifically to the internal "Resample..." option, or the "iZotope 64-bit SRC..." option?
Old 12th October 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Does anyone know if Samplitude Pro X3 can now export Broadcast Wave with ISRC embeded like Sequoia does ?
They added a lot of mastering features from Sequoia in this new release but I can't find any informations on this sparticular task.
Old 12th October 2016
Motown legend

🎧 15 years
Sound Forge includes the iZotope. Samplitude, like Pro Tools, has a pretty steep learning curve because it's among the oldest DAWs and is not just audio tacked onto a MIDI sequencer. Adding new features without breaking existing workflows causes that but is much appreciated by users.
Old 12th October 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've looked at demos this week for Studio One, Harrison Mixbus, and Reaper. Can't imagine letting go of Samplitude though. I'm old and learning new workflows doesn't appeal to me much. I just hope that PRO X can get on its feet with regards to stability and Magix can get some market awareness and a stable support system in place. These are things users have always wanted from them more than useless or duplicative features and a convoluted tier system for the product line.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxnscratch View Post
Does anyone know if Samplitude Pro X3 can now export Broadcast Wave with ISRC embeded like Sequoia does ?
They added a lot of mastering features from Sequoia in this new release but I can't find any informations on this sparticular task.
I compared the Broadcast Wave Manager between Pro X3 and Sequoia and it looks like the text box for entering ISRC codes is missing in Pro X3. I guess they have to keep some things Sequoia only in order to justify the price.

Regards
Kraznet
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznet View Post
I compared the Broadcast Wave Manager between Pro X3 and Sequoia and it looks like the text box for entering ISRC codes is missing in Pro X3. I guess they have to keep some things Sequoia only in order to justify the price.

Regards
Kraznet
Too bad, it would be a game changer.
Old 14th October 2016
Gear Head

To me Samplitude is dying with every new version. So many little bugs. But Magix don't want to see it. Sad
Old 14th October 2016
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Pro X3 has gotten a new ASIO driver, the Magix Low Latency 2016. The last one was from 2011 when ProX first came out.
Old 15th October 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mididy View Post
Pro X3 has gotten a new ASIO driver, the Magix Low Latency 2016. The last one was from 2011 when ProX first came out.
When I installed the demo and selected the ASIO driver for RME AIO it nearly perforated my ears with a super loud pop. Then I lowered the volume tried again and the same thing - pop-crack and then Nothing. I guess, this new driver needs a bit of tuning up to be done.

It also couldn't recognize some of the installed plugins and crashed on exit...

I'll probably try it again at some point...but for now back to Reaper and Samp v10
Old 16th October 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticman View Post
To me Samplitude is dying with every new version. So many little bugs. But Magix don't want to see it. Sad
As a Samplitude Sequoia beta tester I can say hand on heart that every bug that is reported on the forum and any bugs I find are immediately posted on the beta forum. I usually make a video or gif which describes the bug. I regularly do screen shares with a fellow beta tester and we test out any reported problems and if we can both confirm then we will file a bug report. We will then follow-up these reports on the beta forum and sometimes even contact MAGIX developers directly. I'm not saying that every bug that's reported gets fixed immediately and sometimes they have to be prioritized. But it's not through lack of trying on our behalf. I suggest if you have any problems with bugs that you join the forum and report them there.

Regards
Kraznet
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
As a Samplitude Sequoia beta tester I can say hand on heart that every bug that is reported on the forum and any bugs I find are immediately posted on the beta forum. I usually make a video or gif which describes the bug. I regularly do screen shares with a fellow beta tester and we test out any reported problems and if we can both confirm then we will file a bug report. We will then follow-up these reports on the beta forum and sometimes even contact MAGIX developers directly. I'm not saying that every bug that's reported gets fixed immediately and sometimes they have to be prioritized. But it's not through lack of trying on our behalf. I suggest if you have any problems with bugs that you join the forum and report them there.

Regards
Kraznet
Can i ask how much time/resources Magix grants the developers to fix bugs in X3?
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Can i ask how much time/resources Magix grants the developers to fix bugs in X3?
They are currently working on a new beta with bug fixes.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
This is the Samplitude Object Editor. All real-time as well.

Regards
Kraznet
Hello Kraznet,

In your signature is mentioned :"Sequoia 14" is there a new version??
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston69 View Post
Hello Kraznet,

In your signature is mentioned :"Sequoia 14" is there a new version??
I'm testing the beta version of V14 at the moment but it's not out yet.

Regards
Kraznet
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci View Post
I went to download X3 and while downloading I get this error message in the middle of the install.

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite Setup

The following tasks could not be executed successfully: Installation of Microsoft Vistual C ++ 2013 Redistributable x 64

Cause Exit code 1618

Oh well, tried. Once again problems with Magix.

I am using Window 8.1 64 bit.
I had an exit code once before and realized it was because i was trying to install the program on drive "D" instead of "C"... I usually try to keep everything on a drive separate from my OS. But a certain plugin wouldn't install unless i installed it on the C drive
Old 18th October 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I'm testing the beta version of V14 at the moment but it's not out yet.

Regards
Kraznet
I look forward what's new in vs 14
Gear Head

Software

Quote:

Regards
Kraznet
Hello Kraznet! Thank you for answer!
I'm really a big fun of Samplitude since version Sampitude 2496. But now I'm stuck with Samplitude Pro x. This is the most stable version at this time.
After trying Samplitude pro x2 I found bugs that still exist in X3. I tryed to tell about them on official forum but I wasn't heard. Since then I stopped using the forum. For me this is very bad, because I started thinking of moving to new DAW.
But I'll try again to write about bugs that I've found.
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Just received excellent customer support from Samplitude. I had an authorization problem with Samplitude ProX3 Suite.

I called the support number on the Samp. USA web site and was immediately connected to Samp Magix DE.

The lady I talked to solved my problem like a BOSS.

Thank you Samp. pros.
Old 19th October 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Just received excellent customer support from Samplitude. I had an authorization problem with Samplitude ProX3 Suite.

I called the support number on the Samp. USA web site and was immediately connected to Samp Magix DE.

The lady I talked to solved my problem like a BOSS.

Thank you Samp. pros.
I too am in dialog with Magix support about a 'copy/paste automation' bug thats complicating thing for me quite a lot and they are being very responsive. Im kinda excited to see if it actually gets fixed, though...

This is the only real issue I have with both Sequoia v13/X2 and X3 atm so...im really hoping for it...
Old 24th December 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
So anymore news on the current status? I was going to try out Pro X3 but at this point why even test it if it is that buggy?

Is Magix moving on some of these problems yet? Maybe they should chime in here and say a few words of reassurance?

Cheers

Jim
Old 23rd February 2017
Lives for gear

40 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I tried to download Pro X3 again, and guess what? It installed with no problems. Now that you can make the faders wider on the mixer I am very interested in trying this version out. Hopefully my M-Audio Midiman will be recognized this time around. I really feel this program has so much more to offer than most of the DAW's out there. Thankfully as I am have older verison I know how to get around a little. Right now it is scanning all my VST plug ins. Will report back once I go through the paces with it.

I thought you can make the mixer faders wider? Anyone know if this can be done?

Last edited by Glenn Bucci; 23rd February 2017 at 03:29 AM..
Old 24th February 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci View Post
I tried to download Pro X3 again, and guess what? It installed with no problems. Now that you can make the faders wider on the mixer I am very interested in trying this version out. Hopefully my M-Audio Midiman will be recognized this time around. I really feel this program has so much more to offer than most of the DAW's out there. Thankfully as I am have older verison I know how to get around a little. Right now it is scanning all my VST plug ins. Will report back once I go through the paces with it.

I thought you can make the mixer faders wider? Anyone know if this can be done?
Hi Glenn -

I'm still a full version or two behind you - but I'm pretty sure what you are referring to is the design and use of an alternate skin for the mixer view. There likely exists a skin available that fits your needs and I doubt you want to go through the trouble of learning how to create one yourself (although it is surprisingly not that difficult - just time consuming). In the download section you will have a few to choose from and you should search the Samplitude forum for other user-created options.

Best to you,
Brock
Old 24th February 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have PRO X-3 - not aware of any way to make mixer faders wider outside of skin changes.
Old 26th February 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroxp View Post
This is from the MANUAL you so vigorously suggested:

"...The plug-ins dialog enables you to insert effects "Pre" or "Post". Highlight "pre" or "post" in the plug-in list before loading a plug-in. The plug-in is then inserted "pre" or "post" fader."

Sure, now all I have to do is figure out where is this plugin list and the option to pre/post fade....useless.
I'm not sure if anyone answered you, and this is an old thread, but all you have to do is:
1) From the Mixer, notice each track has a spot where where it says "Plug-ins". Right Click on "Plug-Ins"
3) This brings up the plug-ins list for that track. You can add or remove them as needed.
4) Use the up and down arrows after clicking once on the line with the plugin that you want moved from pre to post fader or vice-verse. See attached.
5) There is no two post-fader .vst limit as with Cubase. You can have as many as you want. One of the key differences why I migrated from Cubase years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Samplitude Pro X3 released-plugin-strip.png  
Old 8th January 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
149 bucks for X3 Suite Crazy Deal. Pretty awesome!
Special offer: MAGIX Samplitude Pro X Suite – Audio production
Old 8th January 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Keeps getting extended! Whopping deal alright! Too good to pass up!
Am now a Sammy user!
Old 21st January 2018
Here for the gear

I too switched over and I'm blown away by the mix engine quality. Sonar PLAT user before and I've been recording worship services live at my church for a couple years and I noticed a huge improvement on the mix separation and quality immediately !! Got in on the great deal as well, I'm a very happy camper at this point. Still trying to learn how to get around in the program ( I was not a power user of sonar either ).
Old 1st February 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Nor I,
Sammy does seem to sound better than Sonar or Reaper to my ears. I know we are not supposed to and I would of
told you DAWs don't have a sound when compared to Reaper and Sonar but when I tried Mixbus there was a difference and there is a difference with Sammy too!
Not sure compared to Mixbus as yet.
Very much liking it the more I understand it, the more I realize how powerful it is.
deal back to $199
πŸ“ Reply