The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Aurora Audio introduces four new products!
Old 12th September 2016
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Aurora Audio introduces four new products!

Hi

Not only are we introducing the products, you can come to our booth 611 and sit down and play with them!

1. The Aurora Sidecar can now be obtained, not only with pre-fade balanced insertions on channel outputs and stereo outputs, but now with a full monitor system. It has four sources for the monitor and VU meters:-

Stereo output, Playback input #1 , Playback input #2 , and a buffered and amplified iAnything/Android phone source.

Switches provide two speaker outputs and a separate headphone output is available from 2 x 25 watt internal amplifiers (with current limiting for low impedance h/phones)

2. The GTC2 dual channel compressor, unique with its FET, Opto and combined circuit paths, is now Version 10 with a balance control that can sweep between full compressed and clean un-compressed sound to provide parallel compression.

3. The GTQC channel strip, like the GTC2, is also Version 10 with the balance control on its compressor section.

4. The Absolute 10x8 can be used as a stand alone small 8 bus mixer but also can be connected to the Aurora Sidecar to provide 8 aux sends per channel, switchable pre or post fade, and those 8 aux sends can be used for effects or a headphone mix and can also be mixed, via our Absolute 8x2, back into the busses of the Aurora Sidecar, extending the number of channels.

and 5... we now have a robust stand for the Aurora Sidecar that can be folded flat for shipping. It can be obtained with or without castor wheels.

We look forward to seeing you at our booth and demonstrating all these products... practice mixing through them and listening on two sets of speakers... A Hafler amplifier driving Harmon-Kardon speakers or a pair of KRK powered speakers.

Use this link AES Los Angeles 2016 » Registration to get your free admission ticket to the event.

Old 14th September 2016
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Gravity8058's Avatar
 

Pics? Pricing?

Thanx!
Old 14th September 2016
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity8058 View Post
Pics? Pricing?

Thanx!
Hi

We will have price list brochures you can pick up on our booth but I must emphasise those are USA prices only and don't include shipping and CA Sales Tax if applicable.

To whet your appetite, the Aurora Sidecar with all the toys, insertions, monitor section, etc., is still well under $30K. All Class A circuitry, 4 band EQ with HP/LP, P & G faders, DI on every channel, and built like a battleship with all steel construction.... That is a real bargain at that price!

Old 19th September 2016
  #4
Here for the gear
 

Pics of new GTC2 dual channel compressor & GTQC channel strip, please. ;-)
Old 19th September 2016
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Hi Martin

Here's a quick pic of the right channel of our GTC2 showing the new balance pot next to the Gain Make up pot.

For those who have not seen our compressors the illuminated switches to the left control most functions..

Bypass = is a hard bypass, the relay connects input to output even with the power off. Selecting the switch puts the compressor in circuit.

O/P - GR = The VU normally reads the O/P level, pressing this switch moves the pointer up to 0VU and the needle moves to the left to show gain reduction.

Opto - FET = Not pressed this is an opto compressor. Press this button it becomes a FET compressor. Press the blue Combined button and it becomes both!

ON = This button most be pressed to turn the side chain on and Compression to start. Leaving it off gives you three class A circuit paths with up to 20dB gain to sweeten up a bland signal.

There's also an Auto button for automatic release timing.

Pressing the Stereo button will make the two channels work together following the side with the strongest compression to match the compression and maintain the stereo image

The new blend control is all the way ACW = clean uncompressed sound, all the way CW for fully compressed sound, and any mix of the two in between.




Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinAfroSheen View Post
Pics of new GTC2 dual channel compressor & GTQC channel strip, please. ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Aurora Audio introduces four new products!-mark-10-gtc2.jpg  
Old 19th September 2016
  #6
Gear Nut
 

Looks very pretty
Old 20th September 2016
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

GT10x8

Hi

Here's another cellphone photo of a product that you will be able to try out at the LA AES later this month!

The GT10x8 was developed from the GT8x8 so that it could be used with the Aurora Sidecar to provide eight extra busses, switchable from pre or post fade sources. We are doing a deal including it with the Aurora Sidecar with all the toys and still not more than $30K basic price.

It can also be used as a stand alone expandable 10 x 8 small mixer and two could make a twenty channel eight bus sub mixing system. The two units linking by a 25 pin D cable.

As it uses a loop through on the pre input it could also be expanded vertically for more busses from a channel.
It's a very flexible system!

Attached Thumbnails
Aurora Audio introduces four new products!-10x8.jpg  
Old 21st September 2016
  #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi

Here's another cellphone photo of a product that you will be able to try out at the LA AES later this month!

The GT10x8 was developed from the GT8x8 so that it could be used with the Aurora Sidecar to provide eight extra busses, switchable from pre or post fade sources. We are doing a deal including it with the Aurora Sidecar with all the toys and still not more than $30K basic price.

It can also be used as a stand alone expandable 10 x 8 small mixer and two could make a twenty channel eight bus sub mixing system. The two units linking by a 25 pin D cable.

As it uses a loop through on the pre input it could also be expanded vertically for more busses from a channel.
It's a very flexible system!

Very excited to see the updated Sidecar!!!
Old 21st September 2016
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Sidecar

Hi Sam

I'm going to tease you and not provide a photo before the show, but it is well worth a visit to booth 611 to sit down and try the features.

The GT10x8 will be connected to the insertions, a GTC2 Mark 10 will be on the 2T bus pre fade insertion, and a GT8x2 will be connected to the GT10x8 bus outputs and will remix onto the Sidecar's Playback #1 input.

So by turning a gold plated Elma 04 monitor selector switch you could compare an Absolute 10x8 mix to the Aurora Sidecar's great stereo mix.

Also powered up and connected to the Sidecar will be the GTQ2, GTQC, GTP8 and a Stinger.

All this connected to a Pro Tools mix that you can play with and listen on two sets of monitors.

How else could you discover how great sounding this gear is?






Quote:
Originally Posted by sam guaiana View Post
Very excited to see the updated Sidecar!!!
Old 21st September 2016
  #10
Lives for gear
 
ARIEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi

Here's another cellphone photo of a product that you will be able to try out at the LA AES later this month!

The GT10x8 was developed from the GT8x8 so that it could be used with the Aurora Sidecar to provide eight extra busses, switchable from pre or post fade sources. We are doing a deal including it with the Aurora Sidecar with all the toys and still not more than $30K basic price.

It can also be used as a stand alone expandable 10 x 8 small mixer and two could make a twenty channel eight bus sub mixing system. The two units linking by a 25 pin D cable.

As it uses a loop through on the pre input it could also be expanded vertically for more busses from a channel.
It's a very flexible system!

Another use for this unit is an expander for those that own an SSL SIGMA. It could set up as a routing system to compressors for parallel compression. Seeing as the Sigma has no auxes, the 8 Buses or 4 stereo pair could then be inserted into the SIGMAS last 4 stereo pair for continued channel automation of the parallel compression channels.

Geoff, if you have a chance and access to a sigma you could always do a video demonstrating something like that, I have read lots of posts with people wanting more out of their SIGMA Your the only one out there with a product such as this.
Old 21st September 2016
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Hi

Thank you for the suggestion, I will certainly look into that!

The GT10x8 is also useful for a variety of projects... you could stick pre amps in front of it and have a small console, it could be linked to another piece of gear and provide four headphone mixes... etc.

Lots of uses!




Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL View Post
Another use for this unit is an expander for those that own an SSL SIGMA. It could set up as a routing system to compressors for parallel compression. Seeing as the Sigma has no auxes, the 8 Buses or 4 stereo pair could then be inserted into the SIGMAS last 4 stereo pair for continued channel automation of the parallel compression channels.

Geoff, if you have a chance and access to a sigma you could always do a video demonstrating something like that, I have read lots of posts with people wanting more out of their SIGMA Your the only one out there with a product such as this.
Old 22nd September 2016
  #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi Sam

I'm going to tease you and not provide a photo before the show, but it is well worth a visit to booth 611 to sit down and try the features.

The GT10x8 will be connected to the insertions, a GTC2 Mark 10 will be on the 2T bus pre fade insertion, and a GT8x2 will be connected to the GT10x8 bus outputs and will remix onto the Sidecar's Playback #1 input.

So by turning a gold plated Elma 04 monitor selector switch you could compare an Absolute 10x8 mix to the Aurora Sidecar's great stereo mix.

Also powered up and connected to the Sidecar will be the GTQ2, GTQC, GTP8 and a Stinger.

All this connected to a Pro Tools mix that you can play with and listen on two sets of monitors.

How else could you discover how great sounding this gear is?

D'awhhhh ok. Any chance you're announcing a 16ch one with 4 stereo returns at the same time?
Old 22nd September 2016
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Hi

That's an interesting suggestion. It could be done at a price. Talk to me at the booth or email me.
Old 29th September 2016
  #14
Gear Maniac
 
Rami Hashash's Avatar
 

Hi Geoff,

Can the GT10x8 be used to add extra busses to an API 1608 (32ch)?
Old 29th September 2016
  #15
I am DYING to see the updated Aurora sidecar

Last edited by sam guaiana; 29th September 2016 at 11:07 PM..
Old 29th September 2016
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Gravity8058's Avatar
 

Pics!!!!!!!
Old 30th September 2016
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Mind-Over-Midi's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity8058 View Post
Pics!!!!!!!


+1.




Old 1st October 2016
  #18
Lives for gear
 
Gravity8058's Avatar
 

Geoff, we're dyin' over here! Pics??!!!!!
Old 2nd October 2016
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Hi Guys

I'm sorry, I've been stuck at the AES best part of a week and don't have access to my pc. We wrap up here tonight so I will try to post pictures this weekend.

Thanks for your patience.... There's a lot of interest in the products.





Quote:
Originally Posted by sam guaiana View Post
I am DYING to see the updated Aurora sidecar
Old 2nd October 2016
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Hi

It has two switchable inputs, marked pre and post on the front panel and could be switching between two sources.

It has a loop through on one input so you don't lose the signal path.

I don't see a reason why it could not be used with any device to add extra busses.

It can also be cascaded, with 25 pin DSUB cables, to 20 x 8 or 30 x 8.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rami Hashash View Post
Hi Geoff,

Can the GT10x8 be used to add extra busses to an API 1608 (32ch)?

Last edited by Geoff_T; 2nd October 2016 at 01:58 AM..
Old 2nd October 2016
  #21
80425
Guest
From reverb-
From those looking for a pic https://www.instagram.com/p/BLCnsl1jTbJ/
Old 2nd October 2016
  #22
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Hi

Thanks for posting that!

It weighs over 130lbs which I believe is slightly more than overhead lockers can support!

It has a 10megohm DI input on every channel that disables the XLR input when selected.

Sorry guys, that one was sold before we took it to the show.... but we do have two more back at the Works!




Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSpot88 View Post
From reverb-
From those looking for a pic https://www.instagram.com/p/BLCnsl1jTbJ/
Old 3rd October 2016
  #23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi

Here's another cellphone photo of a product that you will be able to try out at the LA AES later this month!

The GT10x8 was developed from the GT8x8 so that it could be used with the Aurora Sidecar to provide eight extra busses, switchable from pre or post fade sources. We are doing a deal including it with the Aurora Sidecar with all the toys and still not more than $30K basic price.

It can also be used as a stand alone expandable 10 x 8 small mixer and two could make a twenty channel eight bus sub mixing system. The two units linking by a 25 pin D cable.

As it uses a loop through on the pre input it could also be expanded vertically for more busses from a channel.
It's a very flexible system!

Hi.
Let us know more about GT10x8.
Price point, back panel connections ect.
thanks
Old 5th October 2016
  #24
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Hi

I'm sorry I am slow in responding... after all the fun of setting up that great booth and packing away at the end, we are moving premises to a great new location with more room to spread out and make great products, and won't be finished to around the 15th.

The GT10x8 can be used as a standalone mixer that can provide any piece of gear with a mix to 8 bus sends. You won't lose the signal path because there is a loop through on what is marked as the "pre fade" input. That either returns to the pre fade insert path on the Sidecar, or can be the send part of the output of the device using this unit.

The other switched input is post, derived from the channel output on the Sidecar or an alternative source on another device.

All connections are balanced, line level TRS jack sockets except the two 25 pin D Subs that provide bus outputs and bus inputs for linking these units for more channels.

Channels 9 and 10 still assign to the 8 busses but their output connectors are channel outputs... still a useful option.

Cost in the USA = $2,400.00 plus shipping and local taxes.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Akysz View Post
Hi.
Let us know more about GT10x8.
Price point, back panel connections ect.
thanks
Old 5th October 2016
  #25
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi

I'm sorry I am slow in responding... after all the fun of setting up that great booth and packing away at the end, we are moving premises to a great new location with more room to spread out and make great products, and won't be finished to around the 15th.
Geoff, will the shop be staying local (Hollywood)?
Old 6th October 2016
  #26
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Hi

We are just moving to North Hollywood. It's close to the back of Burbank Airfield and the I5 so we aren't moving far. But we need more space to expand and make great (new) products.

We also have an air conditioned reception with a big sofa for visitors to relax on!





Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinAfroSheen View Post
Geoff, will the shop be staying local (Hollywood)?
Old 6th October 2016
  #27
Gear Head
 

hey geoff,
i would find a few diagrams of potential set ups using the absolute 10x8 very illuminating. it may be my feeble brain but it seems so flexible that my mind's in a twist of the potential different uses.

perhaps serparate diagrams for headphone mixes, tracking scenario, and a hybrid mix of stems to fx routing. i know these are very broad scenarios but it could be a great launch point for people like me to understand how to integrate it and maximize it's use.
thanks for your time and consideration.
Old 6th October 2016
  #28
Lives for gear
 
superwack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi

We are just moving to North Hollywood. It's close to the back of Burbank Airfield and the I5 so we aren't moving far. But we need more space to expand and make great (new) products.

We also have an air conditioned reception with a big sofa for visitors to relax on!
Not too far of a move but closer to me!

Great new products - I enjoyed checking them out at AES!
Old 7th October 2016
  #29
Lives for gear
 
ARIEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roho View Post
hey geoff,
i would find a few diagrams of potential set ups using the absolute 10x8 very illuminating. it may be my feeble brain but it seems so flexible that my mind's in a twist of the potential different uses.

perhaps serparate diagrams for headphone mixes, tracking scenario, and a hybrid mix of stems to fx routing. i know these are very broad scenarios but it could be a great launch point for people like me to understand how to integrate it and maximize it's use.
thanks for your time and consideration.
I agree with this as it would help the new gen of ITB mixers that are breaking out into analogue summing that never started doing music in a traditional console setting. Doing a series of Youtube demo videos with PDF files could really help for marketing the use of your products. I know this would be a great addition to the SSL SIGMA and would be a perfect candidate as it could be set and left. Using 2 of these units would actually give the user 8 stereo pairs if they were not chained together for AUX/or parallel processing usage.
Old 7th October 2016
  #30
Gear Maniac
 
Useg DG's Avatar
 

Could you please post pictures of the new and improved Aura; so I can get my ski-mask out of top clothing shelf and go through my escape route Geoff??????

Please...... Pretty please?????? ?????? ??????




Sincerely,
Useg Diaz-Granados
www.oversightentertainment.se
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump