The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vocal King Plugin to help mix vocals Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 6th September 2016
Gear Head

Vocal King Plugin to help mix vocals

Hi I'm Jhudstudio, I made a plugin that helps aid mixing vocals.

Check it out here. Jhudstudio - Paid Plugins

Good news, I have my new updated version out and ready to test!

Thanks,
Jhudstudio

Last edited by jhudstudio; 15th September 2016 at 02:18 PM..
Old 6th September 2016
Lives for gear

Bought this a while back, I love it. Very smooth on vocals, bonkers cheap, really nice vocal compressor.
Old 7th September 2016
Lives for gear
Looks interesting. I'll have to check it out.
Old 7th September 2016
Lives for gear

Looks cool!!
Old 7th September 2016
Lives for gear

Just wanted to add some eye candy to this thread!

• Vocal King supports MAC/Windows/32bit/64bit/VST2/VST3/AU.
  • Causes vocals to stand out in a mix by giving them amazing presence, clarity, and compression.
  • Easy to use interface for fast results.
  • Meters work as gain reduction and they are easy to read.
  • Very CPU efficient compared to other types of vocal plugins.
  • Wow only $9.99

I just wanted to say that this plugin is very easy to use and sounds great. I used this recently on my wife's vocals and the results were really good: super smooth compression that sat nicely in the mix. I'm not affiliated in any way to the developer but love supporting the small guys when the opportunity arises.

More info here
Old 7th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Are you planning on coding it for pro tools AAX?
Old 7th September 2016
Gear Head

Thanks Cprompt! I am glad it sounds great for your wife's vocals. I put a lot of heart into making this plugin. That means a lot to me.

Yes in the future I am planning to make Rtas and AAX version too. It will be a while though. After the 2nd update coming out soon, I will be looking into AAX and Rtas. I don't have a time frame yet for AAX or Rtas.

Thanks,
Jhudstudio
Old 8th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Very Disappointed!

I wanted to buy it, but my country is not supported by Paypal.
Old 8th September 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmad View Post
Very Disappointed!

I wanted to buy it, but my country is not supported by Paypal.
Email me at [email protected] or send me a private pm as soon as possible. Let us find a way to make this work out.
Old 8th September 2016
Gear Head

Logic Pro issue fixed in new update!

Last edited by jhudstudio; 16th September 2016 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: Fixed logic pro issue
Old 10th September 2016
Gear Nut

Thumbs up

Great plug-in. Subtle and efficient. Better, in my opinion, than Waves Butch Vig Vocals, for instance. And, at that price, it is a no-brainer. Congrats.
Old 10th September 2016
Gear Head

Thank You Marchenoir! Do you find it better on cpu as well?

Here is a sneak peak of my updated version I hope to get out soon
Attached Thumbnails
Vocal King Plugin to help mix vocals-update-version.png  
Old 10th September 2016
Lives for gear

I want my exhaust done at Muffler King.
I want my dinner from Falafel King.
I want my vocals processed by Vocal King!
Old 13th September 2016
It works

Really like this plugin. Like it has been mentioned before, much simpler, more efficient, and as, or even more effective than many of its more expensive and popular counterparts.

Will certainly be on all my vocal tracks and maybe other instruments as well, once I have time to experiment with it.

Well done!
Old 13th September 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumerei1838 View Post
I want my exhaust done at Muffler King.
I want my dinner from Falafel King.
I want my vocals processed by Vocal King!
I laughed so hard when I seen this

Where did I come up with Vocal King name? I grew up just down the street from a pizza place called, Joes Pizza King. And wow they still are the king of making pizza's. So I thought to my self, I want my plugin to be called Vocal King, since it will be the king of processing vocals and making them stand out in the mix!

Thanks
Old 13th September 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxterbrown View Post
Really like this plugin. Like it has been mentioned before, much simpler, more efficient, and as, or even more effective than many of its more expensive and popular counterparts.

Will certainly be on all my vocal tracks and maybe other instruments as well, once I have time to experiment with it.

Well done!
Thank you for the feedback!
That means a lot to me. I have tried my best to make this plugin be easy to use and effective!

Thanks
Old 13th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhudstudio View Post
Where did I come up with Vocal King name? I grew up just down the street from a pizza place called, Joes Pizza King.
Thanks
I couldn't help but think of the SNL skit "Sofa King" when I saw that comment and laughed. Vocal King is Sofa King Good!
Old 14th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Just a heads up, I had no trouble opening it on Logic 10.2.4, X El Capitan 10.11.6

I haven't had too much time to mess around with it, but I threw it on a couple scratch tracks, where I just lay down a basic guide vocal to play against. My mic technique is always rough on these because I'm busy reading off a sheet, turning dials, the pop filter may or not be in the right spot, and the AC is not set to quiet, so it always tends to sound a little dynamically erratic and a bit harsh.

The default setting immediately mellowed and compressed without taking the life out of the track. I actually felt the it was warmed up by pressing the either "Hard" and "Soft" buttons. I particularly like the way the "low cut" gives meaningful control in a kind of sweeping way even did a bit of noise reduction, and I think I may need to fiddle with the "crispy button" but not on these tracks. It's more transparent than some presets I tend to put on for this purpose, which are set with some expensive compressors and eqs dialed in for my voice.

I have to consider it might come in handy for more finished tracks too. For $10, definitely an easy tool to add to the toolbox. I've had to pay more for beer to mellow me as well.
Old 14th September 2016
Lives for gear

Tried the demo. Really not useful. Just had to buy it to demo it properly. I like it a lot. It takes out the mud really easy. Compressor sounds great as well. Really could not reproduce it with other more expensive stuff. And I have them a loooot. Great job!

Just one thing. It would be very useful if you could add more minus db on the output knob. 20 is really not enough. When you add a lot of pres and final comp -20 output is not enough.

Cheers.
Old 14th September 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by parografik View Post
I couldn't help but think of the SNL skit "Sofa King" when I saw that comment and laughed. Vocal King is Sofa King Good!
OMG!!! This almost made me die because I laughed so hard.
Old 14th September 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by parografik View Post
Just a heads up, I had no trouble opening it on Logic 10.2.4, X El Capitan 10.11.6

I haven't had too much time to mess around with it, but I threw it on a couple scratch tracks, where I just lay down a basic guide vocal to play against. My mic technique is always rough on these because I'm busy reading off a sheet, turning dials, the pop filter may or not be in the right spot, and the AC is not set to quiet, so it always tends to sound a little dynamically erratic and a bit harsh.

The default setting immediately mellowed and compressed without taking the life out of the track. I actually felt the it was warmed up by pressing the either "Hard" and "Soft" buttons. I particularly like the way the "low cut" gives meaningful control in a kind of sweeping way even did a bit of noise reduction, and I think I may need to fiddle with the "crispy button" but not on these tracks. It's more transparent than some presets I tend to put on for this purpose, which are set with some expensive compressors and eqs dialed in for my voice.

I have to consider it might come in handy for more finished tracks too. For $10, definitely an easy tool to add to the toolbox. I've had to pay more for beer to mellow me as well.
Thank you for the Feedback, I am happy you enjoy it!
Old 14th September 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkom View Post
Tried the demo. Really not useful. Just had to buy it to demo it properly. I like it a lot. It takes out the mud really easy. Compressor sounds great as well. Really could not reproduce it with other more expensive stuff. And I have them a loooot. Great job!

Just one thing. It would be very useful if you could add more minus db on the output knob. 20 is really not enough. When you add a lot of pres and final comp -20 output is not enough.

Cheers.
Sorry for the demo not being useful. my new update will be more friendly.

Ok I will look into for a future up for the output to go less then -20db

Thank you for the feedback!
Old 14th September 2016
Gear Head

To current customers and to everyone else! I am getting the final build ready to be put up on my website. I am going to be in the process of emailing each customer that I have and let each know about the update.

The vocal king will no longer be machine ID based. I want to make sure all my current customers get the new update if they want along with a new registration file that they can keep forever and that will work on any machine owned.

On my site, downloading will be currently down in order to get the update ready. Future customers, please be patient with me!

Thanks,
Jhudstudio
Old 14th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhudstudio View Post
To current customers and to everyone else! I am getting the final build ready to be put up on my website. I am going to be in the process of emailing each customer that I have and let each know about the update.

The vocal king will no longer be machine ID based. I want to make sure all my current customers get the new update if they want along with a new registration file that they can keep forever and that will work on any machine owned.

On my site, downloading will be currently down in order to get the update ready. Future customers, please be patient with me!

Thanks,
Jhudstudio
Great. Looking forward to the update.
Old 14th September 2016
Cool plugin, good sounding and effective. Once the final build be released I would probably buy it ... and GAS never stops!
Old 15th September 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
Cool plugin, good sounding and effective. Once the final build be released I would probably buy it ... and GAS never stops!
Awesome!
Old 15th September 2016
Lives for gear

Sounds interesting. :-)
Old 15th September 2016
Gear Head

Good news, I have my new updated version out and ready to test!

No more machine ID Jhudstudio - Paid Plugins

Cheers,
Jhudstudio
Old 15th September 2016
Lives for gear

Nice one. I'll try this later on
Old 15th September 2016
trying in 3,2,1...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search