The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Exponential Audio Nimbus Reverb
Old 5th September 2016
Exponential Audio Nimbus

Alright people this new reverb is frikkin KILLER!! It uses the PhoenixVerb algo as well as new algos to create wonderful deep reverbs and spaces. The "Warp" section turns it into a sound laboratory for new sounds as well as expanded eq's, tempo lock and a whole bunch of other features.
1200 presets to get you where you need to go!
No, I don't work for Exponential, I just love their products...

Nimbus — Exponential Audio - Plug-ins
Old 5th September 2016
Here for the gear
Looks interesting! Couldn't find the demo though or price?

Will there be an upgrade path from
PhoenixVerb or is it classed as a totally different product?
Old 5th September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos Da View Post
Looks interesting! Couldn't find the demo though or price?

Will there be an upgrade path from
PhoenixVerb or is it classed as a totally different product?
Not released until late September.
$199. There's an upgrade offer for those who own Exponential products...
Old 5th September 2016
Lives for gear

If it's from Michael I have to try it. Use his plugs on every session, best reverbs by far.
Old 5th September 2016
Gear Nut

Very interesting! Hope the upgrade price from PhoenixVerb will be reasonable.
Old 5th September 2016
Gear Addict

So this is kinda like a pro version of Phoenix?
Old 5th September 2016
Lives for gear

Attached Images
Exponential Audio Nimbus Reverb-moneyflying3.gif 
Old 5th September 2016
Lives for gear

I really hope R2 is also getting an input compressor/expander, overdrive and word-size reduction in the near future. I say this because, R2 is the one that "harkens back to classic reverbs of the 80's and 90's". R2 is the one I want those options on more.

I'm sure I'll upgrade to this though. Looks great!
Old 5th September 2016
I've been using the hell out of this verb! It can import Phoenix presets but it's more than Phoenix with additional parameters. I've been placing its chambers on piano and strings all month. Gorgeous blooming tails.
Old 5th September 2016
Here for the gear
Thanks Henge
Old 5th September 2016
Lives for gear

Will this replace Phoenix?
Old 5th September 2016
Lives for gear

Never mind, found this:

Does NIMBUS mean the end of PhoenixVerb?
Absolutely not! PhoenixVerb is still a very important plugin for Exponential Audio. It continues to be supported and you'll see regular updates and fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutr2 View Post
Old 5th September 2016
Lives for gear

I can also attest that Nimbus is a fantastic go-to verb! I've been experimenting with it on everything. I always wished that PhoenixVerb had a more flexible filtering section and more early reflections patterns. Normally I use a parametric EQ before the 'verb to bandpass the signal, but with Nimbus I can take care of that all in one plugin (and still have filters for the output of the early and late sections). As always, there are a ton of presets. You can use the search term -Phoenix to find out what's new in Nimbus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunn View Post
I really hope R2 is also getting an input compressor/expander, overdrive and word-size reduction in the near future.
Totally agree! I sure hope Michael has something up his sleeve for R2, since I love the character of that algorithm.
Old 5th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutr2 View Post
It replaced it for me, it's PhoenixVerb on steroids. It has everything I wanted in PhoenixVerb: tail compression, input filtering, you can compress the reverb itself, push and saturate it, etc. I used to do some of that stuff with other plug-ins plus PhoenixVerb; not anymore. I've been using it for over 2 months but just recently, about 3 weeks ago not sure, I started using it as my one and only reverb. If you use PhoenixVerb a lot you're gonna enjoy all new features, for sure.
Old 5th September 2016
Threads merged.

@ robert82 : that gif is 110% accurate. So accurate it could be a emoji here at GS!
Old 6th September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
It replaced it for me, it's PhoenixVerb on steroids. It has everything I wanted in PhoenixVerb: tail compression, input filtering, you can compress the reverb itself, push and saturate it, etc. I used to do some of that stuff with other plug-ins plus PhoenixVerb; not anymore. I've been using it for over 2 months but just recently, about 3 weeks ago not sure, I started using it as my one and only reverb. If you use PhoenixVerb a lot you're gonna enjoy all new features, for sure.
This makes me very happy indeed. Can't wait to try the demo out
Old 6th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartfeltdawn View Post
This makes me very happy indeed. Can't wait to try the demo out
Yeah, give it a try. I'm sure you'll love those new features
Old 6th September 2016
I was just wondering what was in the plans for EA. I use all of the EA plugins, and love them.
Old 6th September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Totally agree. Nimbus has great eq's, excellent compression/expansion, bit reduction, lovely saturation(s) WITHIN the plug.
It should be noted that it has 5 other early reflection patterns separate from the PhoenixVerb patterns, one of them recreates vintage reverbs and then you can Warp the crap out of it. Fantastic control

Last edited by henge; 6th September 2016 at 01:30 PM..
Old 6th September 2016
Lives for gear

S'cuse me, . . . are some of you guys beta-testers? Or can we start demoing this now?
Old 6th September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
S'cuse me, . . . are some of you guys beta-testers? Or can we start demoing this now?
Beta testers. Nimbus will be available late September...
Old 6th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Beta testers. Nimbus will be available late September...
Oh heck.
Old 6th September 2016
Old 6th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Sound examples are great. Impressive work.
Old 6th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Looks amazing, can't wait to try it! I do wish however that synced predelay will eventually come to Phoenix and R2.
Old 6th September 2016
Lives for gear

Occasionally the limited width options of Phoenixverb have been a minor issue for me, where I've wanted an in-between setting. I see this is hasn't changed in Nimbus. I'm curious, with so many users/fans on here, whether anyone else has experienced this?
Old 7th September 2016
Subscribing to this...
Old 7th September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper.real View Post
Occasionally the limited width options of Phoenixverb have been a minor issue for me, where I've wanted an in-between setting. I see this is hasn't changed in Nimbus. I'm curious, with so many users/fans on here, whether anyone else has experienced this?
There are in between width settings. One between Narrow, Normal and Wide...
Old 7th September 2016
Lives for gear

Wise guy, exactly that - 5 width settings don't cover all my requirement.
📝 Reply