The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Boz Digital Labs - Width Knob (FREE)
Old 3rd August 2016
  #1
Gear Nut
 
diogo.zaccara's Avatar
 

Boz Digital Labs - Width Knob (FREE)

Just saw this in my email!
Why a width knob?

Some of the best tools come in the form of improved workflow.

I'm not going to pretend that I made this idea up. I swiped the idea directly from Reaper. When Reaper first added the width knob to their default track controls, is became obvious within about 3 seconds that I was going to use it all the time. A couple years later, and I still found myself using this knob heavily.

I just felt bad for all the people that didn't have this option, so I made a plugin out of it. When I hear people talk about automating their panning knobs to give some contrast to their chorus, a little tear wells up in me knowing that they are working so hard for something that should be so simple. Width Knob does it all extremely easily.

What does this thing do?

Width Knob is dead simple to use. It has one function: quickly adjust the width of your tracks. It sounds simple, but it's a super powerful tool for adding power and movement to your tracks. This is not a stereo widener. It's a stereo narrower. There's no crazy pseudo-stereo stuff going on, it's completely organic and natural stereo width control, and its simplicity is what makes it so powerful.

This thing needs no manual. Put it on a stereo track and you will know what it does right away.

Formats:
Mac - AAX, AU, RTAS, VST, VST3
Windows - AAX, RTAS, VST, VST3


Width Knob – Boz Digital Labs
Old 3rd August 2016
  #2
I downloaded it a few days ago, good freebie
Old 3rd August 2016
  #3
Gear Head
 
luishouses's Avatar
 

I can see this plugin very useful during mastering.
Old 3rd August 2016
  #4
Gear Addict
 
PistolP's Avatar
should be called 'Narrower' but might come handy when you want to make stuff less stereo..
Old 4th August 2016
  #5
Lives for gear
 

Who names their son Boz?
Old 4th August 2016
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Lesha's Avatar
Anyone got it to work in Ableton 32bit?
Old 5th August 2016
  #7
Lives for gear
 
AudioGaff's Avatar
Link seems to be broken? 403 Forbidden error.
Old 5th August 2016
  #8
Gear Head
 
KerosinStudio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGaff View Post
Link seems to be broken? 403 Forbidden error.
Yep same here. Also getting that when i'm logged in and trying to get the latest version of Bark of Dog.
Old 10th August 2016
  #9
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
Thanks so much for posting, this is brilliant. Finally a 64-bit alternative to the DFX Monomaker.
Old 11th August 2016
  #10
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Thanks so much for posting, this is brilliant. Finally a 64-bit alternative to the DFX Monomaker.
Yep, Excellent - thanks Boz!

The ability to pan the output as per Monomaker would be equally welcome ;-)
Old 11th August 2016
  #11
Deleted User
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGaff View Post
Link seems to be broken? 403 Forbidden error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerosinStudio View Post
Yep same here. Also getting that when i'm logged in and trying to get the latest version of Bark of Dog.
The same case here, but I managed to download it.
This web page is blacklisting some countries with IP blocking, but you can use Opera web browser and install extension "TunnelBear" (you need to sign up).
After that when you login to Tunnel Bear network you can choose other country like Italy for instance or others, and you will see the page to add Boz "Width" plugin to checkout page, until you have it in your download area. Checkout page is also blacklisting some countries too. However this is the only way to do it for some users.

Some other sites are doing this too.. I don't have any idea why someone would do this?
Old 11th August 2016
  #12
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Yep, Excellent - thanks Boz!

The ability to pan the output as per Monomaker would be equally welcome ;-)
Yup, Monomaker is still more flexible. In particular, I like the ability to route one mono channel to stereo.
Old 11th August 2016
  #13
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
... you can use Opera web browser and install extension "TunnelBear" (you need to sign up).
Thanks, I will check that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
I don't have any idea why someone would do this?
Too much hacking or spam from certain countries, perhaps..?
Old 11th August 2016
  #14
Deleted User
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Thanks, I will check that out.



Too much hacking or spam from certain countries, perhaps..?
No, it's about banking, and money like always. While Turkey throws PayPal out of they country for them they cannot pay on many sites with credit card anymore.
A lot of sites use PayPal guest platform for charging credit cards. This is only one example.

Checkout pages are blocking certan IP's, like the Boz checkout page lately, and for example: http://www.synth-presets.com
Old 11th August 2016
  #15
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
No, it's about banking, and money like always. While Turkey throws PayPal out of they country for them they cannot pay on many sites with credit card anymore.
A lot of sites use PayPal guest platform for charging credit cards.
I see...

I also think, governments and ISPs sometimes make arbitrary decisions that follow no particular "logic". Where I live, Sampletekk's site was blocked for months, only to come back online without explanation...
Old 12th August 2016
  #16
Lives for gear
 
AudioGaff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
The same case here, but I managed to download it.
This web page is blacklisting some countries with IP blocking, but you can use Opera web browser and install extension "TunnelBear" (you need to sign up).
After that when you login to Tunnel Bear network you can choose other country like Italy for instance or others, and you will see the page to add Boz "Width" plugin to checkout page, until you have it in your download area. Checkout page is also blacklisting some countries too. However this is the only way to do it for some users.

Some other sites are doing this too.. I don't have any idea why someone would do this?

Thanks for sharing this info. But way to much crap to have to go through to get a mediocre plugin even if it is for free.
Old 12th August 2016
  #17
Deleted User
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGaff View Post
Thanks for sharing this info. But way to much crap to have to go through to get a mediocre plugin even if it is for free.
Actually there is a very simple way. Just download this browser and take it..
The most private browser on the world..It warns you what information specific web site want from you..
https://www.torproject.org
Old 16th August 2016
  #18
Gear Maniac
 
bozmillar's Avatar
 

Hey guys, for anyone having issues with the 403 error, it was actually an issue with the host blocking anyone using the latest version of safari. It's fixed now, so you should be able to snag it.
Old 16th August 2016
  #19
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozmillar View Post
Hey guys, for anyone having issues with the 403 error, it was actually an issue with the host blocking anyone using the latest version of safari. It's fixed now, so you should be able to snag it.
Hi, thanks for the freebee!

You know, I've been looking for a 64-bit alternative to the ancient, yet still unique, DFX Monomaker. Would you consider adding functions found in Monomaker to Width Knob? Such as the ability to route one channel to stereo, flip channels, and so on? Perhaps a paid upgrade..?

Regards.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Forum Jump
Forum Jump