The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Platinum Samples Ocean Way Drums and Accent
Old 29th July 2016
Lives for gear

Platinum Samples Ocean Way Drums and Accent

I did a search and did not find anything on them, so thought I would make a post.

Platinum Samples recently released Ocean Way Drums and a new drum player-vi, called Accent. I spent a good amount of time on it and have really been into it!! It took a bit to learn another drum vi after a better part of 10 years working with almost only BFD (1-2-3). But it is quite simple to use and seems to cover the necessities without getting overly complex which is a nice change!! The room sounds specifically are KILLER. I did a couple posts/videos on our website about it if you want to check it out and they have a 50% off crossgrade coupon from any other Drum vi.

Platinum Samples

Covers the operations of Accent.
Accent

A set of midi drum loops played back with different kits from this set and soloing and tweaking faders in order to get a good listen to it.
Ocean Way Drums
Old 29th July 2016
Lives for gear

Those sounds examples are fantastic, really authentic stuff!

Cheers,
Mark.
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
I did a search and did not find anything on them, so thought I would make a post.
I did a couple posts/videos on our website about it if you want to check it out and they have a 50% off crossgrade coupon from any other Drum vi.
The sound is definitely lively, I use the UAD Ocean Way plugin to put everything in the same room sometimes, I like the space.

Do you have the crossgrade coupon code? I couldn't see it clearly on the site (might be there, I can be a little myopic at times).
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by parografik View Post
The sound is definitely lively, I use the UAD Ocean Way plugin to put everything in the same room sometimes, I like the space.

Do you have the crossgrade coupon code? I couldn't see it clearly on the site (might be there, I can be a little myopic at times).
Deals - The Pro Tools PC
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintaQuad View Post
Thanks, that's a pretty good deal.
Old 30th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by parografik View Post

I apologize for not actually saying where it was!! If you click on either the Accent or Ocean Way link, there is a link at the bottom of the page for the crossgrade code

The rooms definitely floored me. The only other set of rooms I really liked were from the Andy Johns samples. Most other sets the rooms are kind of used in "addition of", not really the main focus of the drum sound.
Old 30th July 2016
Lives for gear
This seems really cool. The only disappointment is that they have only included four of the 13 Ocean Way kits that were in the original product.
I have the Ocean Way SE bundle from eSoundz, and although it is more limited in terms of features, it includes all 13 kits, I believe.
Old 30th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
This seems really cool. The only disappointment is that they have only included four of the 13 Ocean Way kits that were in the original product.
I have the Ocean Way SE bundle from eSoundz, and although it is more limited in terms of features, it includes all 13 kits, I believe.
I think those were just the stereo mix kits if I am not mistaken?? Regardless the price (especially with the 50% crossgrade) is more than legit imo. It does come with 4 extra snares and 4 extra kicks outside of the included kits and of course you can mix and match kit pieces how you wish. So you can definitely pull more than just "4 kits" out of it if you wanted.
Old 31st July 2016
The 19 kit pack started out close to $1000 and the 9 kit $400 IIRC.
Mixosaurus was also expensive on launch.
Looking at BFD, Slate and Superior, the $300 or less products have stood the test of time.
Old 1st August 2016
Gear Maniac

I agree! I've been using Accent with OWD for the last week. Great room sounds!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search