The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New 96KHz Trigger and Drumagog Sample Libraries from Indie Drums™
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Head

SamplesLoops New 96KHz Trigger and Drumagog Sample Libraries from Indie Drums™

Hi Guys!

It's been a while since we made any new products, so I'm happy to announce the release of three new drum kit sample libraries from our Mix Ready™ collection.

These kits feature multi-mics, velocities and variations and have been produced for those wanting to pull the mix themselves. All tracked at 96KHz, gently EQed and compressed during tracking. No further processing has been done.

Get a 20% DISCOUNT with the coupon: gearslutz

We also offer a 14 Day, 100% Money Back Guarantee on all products, and you get to keep the samples!

You can listen to the samples on the product pages:

70s Gretsch

Sonor Delite

DW Collectors & Keplinger Brass Snare

And see the gear used for tracking here

Oh, and there's a FREE DW Kit here

Recent feedback:

"… more versatile and usable in modern sounding productions than the Blackbird stuff… I just loaded it up in Trigger, tweaked the balances of the mics, and did a little touch up EQ. Super simple."
– J.R Paredes (Satellite Music Group)

"I have played drums for 23 years and can hear the attention to detail. These samples resonate with how I feel drums should sound. They sound realistic, processed just enough, so that you are free to place them into any mix and tailor them how you like. I can tell the sampled drummer understands that his body is as much a part of the instrument sound as the instrument itself, and how those body movements translate into music, not just sound bites. These are versatile and blend well with just about any genre."

– Daniel Jason Booth

"The sounds are well recorded and don't sound compressed - that was important to me, I prefer to compress myself. Nice ambience, speeds up production time as I don't have to look for reverbs."
– Phillip Gelbach, (Composer)

Last edited by Simon Paul; 30th July 2016 at 02:42 AM.. Reason: Added money back guarantee.
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Webpage is hard to navigate, where are the sound samples to listen?

I only found one of a 70`s full song.
Old 29th July 2016
Lives for gear

Trigger? Is that Slate Trigger? Addictive Drums Trigger? Or other?

Thanks -
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd-Baraka View Post
Webpage is hard to navigate, where are the sound samples to listen?

I only found one of a 70`s full song.
Hey!

Thanks for the feedback. The audio demos are on each product page if you scroll down. However, I just added them to the overview page too.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cww2 View Post
Trigger? Is that Slate Trigger? Addictive Drums Trigger? Or other?

Thanks -
Hi,

It's for Steven Slate Trigger. TCI format for drum replacing.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 30th July 2016
Gear Maniac

That Gretsch kit is right up my alley. Might have to pick that up real soon!
Old 30th July 2016
Lives for gear

Just out of curiosity, because I don't know... and these sets seem to only be offered in 48 & 96 kHz sample rates... how does Drumagog handle 48 & 96 kHz sample rates, if you're doing projects in 44.1 or 88.2? Are there downsampling and upsampling algorithms in Drumagog to convert correctly? I didn't think there were. But I'm not sure.
Old 31st July 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by McWreckinBall View Post
That Gretsch kit is right up my alley. Might have to pick that up real soon!
Thanks man, glad you like the sound It's a killer kit!
Old 31st July 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
Just out of curiosity, because I don't know... and these sets seem to only be offered in 48 & 96 kHz sample rates... how does Drumagog handle 48 & 96 kHz sample rates, if you're doing projects in 44.1 or 88.2? Are there downsampling and upsampling algorithms in Drumagog to convert correctly? I didn't think there were. But I'm not sure.
Hi! Drumagog and Trigger will convert the samples to whatever sample rate the session is. We provided the cheaper 48KHz for those not working in 96KHz. The 48KHz ones were downsampled from 96KHz, and are otherwise identical. They work in 44.1 Sessions... They also work in 88.2 and 96... but at higher rates, you'd be better off using the native 96KHz versions
Old 31st July 2016
Lives for gear
No offence - but do you process the samples merely to compete will all the other sample packs available. In other words - are you scared that the average novice will think your samples sound Crap if they don't sound as processed as all your competitors?

I'm a heavy user of Slate's trigger, but I find that I cannot use any sample libraries as they are all too processed to blend with my recorded tracks in a realistic sounding way. Occasionally I've found samples available that are RAW and the results I get from using them are amazing. But I usually have to stick to my own recorded samples.

Would it be so bad to release a sample library of RAW samples?
Old 1st August 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonebytim View Post
No offence - but do you process the samples merely to compete will all the other sample packs available. In other words - are you scared that the average novice will think your samples sound Crap if they don't sound as processed as all your competitors?

I'm a heavy user of Slate's trigger, but I find that I cannot use any sample libraries as they are all too processed to blend with my recorded tracks in a realistic sounding way. Occasionally I've found samples available that are RAW and the results I get from using them are amazing. But I usually have to stick to my own recorded samples.

Would it be so bad to release a sample library of RAW samples?
Hey man,

You and I are on the same page. The Mix Ready™ drum sample packs ONLY have gently processing on the way in, just as one would do when tracking live drums. The main reason I started Indie Drums was to create libraries that allowed the engineer more freedom during the mix Same reason you find many existing libraries un-usable.

The Free DW Kit IS pre mixed and processed, as are our legacy Classic Kit and Vol. 1... But these packs serve a different purpose - to augment good live tracking and/or when you want the sound out of the box.

I'm interested in your idea of raw. Were the Mix Ready samples even too processed? I'd be surprised as there was no more than +/-3db of gain on the eq, a few db of gain reduction on the hard hits only, and several without compression and eq at all.

Great mics, outboard, room, drums and drummer will always sound more "processed" than a project studio or DIY recording due to the nature of the moving parts... Could it be that? As in, you'd like more 'lo-fi/project studio/DIY' sounding samples? Could be useful.

You feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 4th August 2016
Lives for gear

Simon, amazing job on the drums. I don't do much indie stuff but if I did these would be the drum sounds to use. From the samples the light processing you did was perfect and very natural so I wouldn't worry about them being overprocessed at all. I watched the promo video and saw you had an additional pencil condenser with the 57 on the snare, was that an AKG451 ? I have been meaning to try out that technique at some point. Also good to see the 96K option
Old 4th August 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL View Post
Simon, amazing job on the drums. I don't do much indie stuff but if I did these would be the drum sounds to use. From the samples the light processing you did was perfect and very natural so I wouldn't worry about them being overprocessed at all. I watched the promo video and saw you had an additional pencil condenser with the 57 on the snare, was that an AKG451 ? I have been meaning to try out that technique at some point. Also good to see the 96K option
Thanks, Ariel. I appreciate that. These drums should really be able to suit most genres with the right engineer. We've got 3 more in the series to come, plus 12 more snares (including some metal ones, like a Disturbance).

Yes, it was an AKG C451 EB. You can see the full mic/pre/insert list at the bottom of this page: Mix Ready™ Drum Kit Samples | Indie Drums™

I rarely use more than one mic on the top when I'm producing, but for these drum samples we wanted lots of options for the engineer, hence two overhead configs, 2 kick close and two snare top.

After this series, we're releasing processed versions with some mics we didn't include in the Mix Ready pack including snare shell (great for crack!), and a Wurst config for all drums. Killer for vibe!!

I checked out your library too. Great work man! Lot's of attention to detail.

Cheers
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search