The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antelope Goliath Audio Interfaces
Old 1 week ago
  #451
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
For anyone wondering, or possibly having this issue, what happens is that when you install the software (in my case Antelope Launcher 1.64), during the installation process the installer immediately goes online and updates to the latest version. The updated launcher 1.8 was the version causing the disappearing software panel window.

I had to uninstall everything first, then take the system offline, and the install Antelope Launcher 1.64 again to get things working properly. That way it's not automatically updating past 1.64

What a pain...

And to add to the headache, if your system is online when you open the launcher (which you have to open now to launch the Goliath panel), it will force download the updated Goliath launcher software, and you can't access anything without updating. So, you have to take your system offline as well to even open the software to use it.
Hello Squawk,

Did you contact our technical support department when the issue appear?
If you still did not i strongly advice you to do it in order for us to check the issue you described.

Alex
Old 1 week ago
  #452
Lives for gear
 
Squawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiliev83 View Post
Hello Squawk,

Did you contact our technical support department when the issue appear?
If you still did not i strongly advice you to do it in order for us to check the issue you described.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, I did. It may seem like it, but I actually don't just start griping on Gearslutz and not let Antelope know of the problems . I emailed on my ticket with all the info when it happened, the screeencast, etc. (Oct. 30th) I also opened a support chat last week, and provided them all the info in the initial window, which then kicked over from "someone will be with you shortly" to "we are not available" message, so I assume they received it.

I also called the support line 3 times on Friday to try and follow up over the phone. Each time I got to the queue, was told I was #1 in line, then it kicked me off and triggered to voicemail. Is this normal, or am I on the support call blacklist now?

Anyway, Andrew has replied to me this morning, thanks!
Old 1 week ago
  #453
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Hi Alex,

Yes, I did. It may seem like it, but I actually don't just start griping on Gearslutz and not let Antelope know of the problems . I emailed on my ticket with all the info when it happened, the screeencast, etc. (Oct. 30th) I also opened a support chat last week, and provided them all the info in the initial window, which then kicked over from "someone will be with you shortly" to "we are not available" message, so I assume they received it.

I also called the support line 3 times on Friday to try and follow up over the phone. Each time I got to the queue, was told I was #1 in line, then it kicked me off and triggered to voicemail. Is this normal, or am I on the support call blacklist now?

Anyway, Andrew has replied to me this morning, thanks!
Hello Squawk,

Andrew will investigate what might be the problem.
Regarding the complaints about the phone lines and the live chat, please make sure that you are trying to reach us during the official business hours .

Thank you.
Old 1 week ago
  #454
Gear Maniac
 
Rtroost's Avatar
Like @Squawk I had tons of problems with my first goliath, had it replaced, etc. and also like him I have had a smooth ride recently....unlike him the new upgrade has not shut me down....

Antelope, please stop the policy of forced upgrades! I get that this is probably important for your prosumer modelling mic audience
But could you at least have some kind of ‘expert’ option where we get to control when and if we upgrade!!!!

Seriously!!!!
Old 1 week ago
  #455
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtroost View Post
Like @Squawk I had tons of problems with my first goliath, had it replaced, etc. and also like him I have had a smooth ride recently....unlike him the new upgrade has not shut me down....

Antelope, please stop the policy of forced upgrades! I get that this is probably important for your prosumer modelling mic audience
But could you at least have some kind of ‘expert’ option where we get to control when and if we upgrade!!!!

Seriously!!!!
Hello Rtroost,

As i already mentioned a couple of times, with the new launcher you can postpone the Control Panel,Firmware and driver updates.
The only update which does not affects the functionality of the device is the launcher update!

Alex
Old 1 week ago
  #456
Gear Maniac
 
Rtroost's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiliev83 View Post
Hello Rtroost,

As i already mentioned a couple of times, with the new launcher you can postpone the Control Panel,Firmware and driver updates.
The only update which does not affects the functionality of the device is the launcher update!

Alex
Good to know, Alex. Just FYI, though, I looked back at the history on this thread and I did not find any mention of this new functionality, so while you may have mentioned it a couple of times....not anyplace where I am looking.

Good to see you guys are moving forward!
Old 1 week ago
  #457
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtroost View Post
Good to know, Alex. Just FYI, though, I looked back at the history on this thread and I did not find any mention of this new functionality, so while you may have mentioned it a couple of times....not anyplace where I am looking.

Good to see you guys are moving forward!
You are welcome,

I am glad that i was able to clarify this for you.

Alex
Old 1 week ago
  #458
Lives for gear
 
Squawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiliev83 View Post
Hello Squawk,

Andrew will investigate what might be the problem.
Regarding the complaints about the phone lines and the live chat, please make sure that you are trying to reach us during the official business hours .

Thank you.
Called 3 times, starting at 1:30 PM pacific time. From what I can see, that was within your business hours.

You guys are all located in Bulgiaria, correct?

I did get a call around 2pm from a +44 number, so it may have been someone from Bulgaria trying to call me back, but when I picked up, all I could hear was static.
Old 1 week ago
  #459
Lives for gear
 
Squawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiliev83 View Post
Hello Rtroost,

As i already mentioned a couple of times, with the new launcher you can postpone the Control Panel,Firmware and driver updates.
The only update which does not affects the functionality of the device is the launcher update!

Alex
It's the launcher update that's the issue for me here. When 1.64 auto updates to 1.8, I can no longer see the Goliath panel when it opens when using the 1.8 launcher.

I have autorun unchecked, even have allow remote connections to launcher disabled.

I think we're going to schedule a remote session to see what's going on. An end user option on the launcher update would be much appreciated though. That should be a no brainer.

I've had several Goliath updates that have gone completely sideways that I've previously documented. I don't want to have anything force updating at the start of a session. That's a receipe for disaster...
Old 1 week ago
  #460
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
It's the launcher update that's the issue for me here. When 1.64 auto updates to 1.8, I can no longer see the Goliath panel when it opens when using the 1.8 launcher.

I have autorun unchecked, even have allow remote connections to launcher disabled.

I think we're going to schedule a remote session to see what's going on. An end user option on the launcher update would be much appreciated though. That should be a no brainer.

I've had several Goliath updates that have gone completely sideways that I've previously documented. I don't want to have anything force updating at the start of a session. That's a receipe for disaster...
Hello Squawk,

As far AS I am aware, all of the problems with your device are fixed now.
Regarding the dropped call, unfortunately you did not leave any voice mail.
However I checked our call records and 20 minutes after you called us we actually called you back but without any success.

Please leave a short voicemail next time.

Best Regards,
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Antelope Goliath-callback.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
  #461
Lives for gear
 
Squawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiliev83 View Post
Hello Squawk,

As far AS I am aware, all of the problems with your device are fixed now.
Regarding the dropped call, unfortunately you did not leave any voice mail.
However I checked our call records and 20 minutes after you called us we actually called you back but without any success.

Please leave a short voicemail next time.

Best Regards,
Alex
Hi Alex,

Yes, got it sorted out with Andrew, thanks. Testing again, it was indeed the Goliath Launcher update that took my system sideways. Reinstalling and disabling the Goliath update is working now with the 1.8 Antelope launcher software.

I strongly urge your software engineers to put user options for any updates. Nothing should be updating on launch prior to a session. That's just common sense, even if it's just to elimiate the possibility of user error.

Yeah, I didn't bother leaving a voicemail, as I had sent the info over chat message (and by email prior) already. I was getting a bit annoyed that I was in the queue, then kept getting kicked over to voicemail. I also had a client coming for a session at that point, so needed to uninstall things and try and get it sorted.

Yeah, it looks like I did received a callback from Bulgaria +44 number, which I do appreciate. I picked up the call, and there was nothing but static, the connection was terrible and I couldn't hear anyone speak on the other end, so had to hang up as the connection was bad. I didn't get another call. I didn't know who was calling initially, as it wasn't from the US support number. Where are you located Alex? Your avatar says Boston, but you guys are all in Bulgaria, no? That's a bit confusing

Anyway, thanks again, I'm glad we got it resolved!
Old 1 week ago
  #462
+44 is UK international phone code!
Old 1 week ago
  #463
Lives for gear
 
Squawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
+44 is UK international phone code!
Ah, that explains it then. No wonder all I could hear was static

Old 1 week ago
  #464
Gear Maniac
 
Antelope Audio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Ah, that explains it then. No wonder all I could hear was static

You finally got it right, Squawk!

Cheers!
Old 1 week ago
  #465
Lives for gear
 
Squawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antelope Audio View Post
You finally got it right, Squawk!

Cheers!
What's really strange is that I just noticed that someone did actually leave me a voice message from that +44 number. I've posted it below. I'm not really sure what it means though... Should I be worried?

Attached Files

s1_06_aud_03.mp3 (55.6 KB, 69 views)

Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump