The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
HoRNet releases HoRNet WahWah Guitar Effect Plug-in
Old 23rd May 2016
Lives for gear

HoRNet releases HoRNet WahWah Guitar Effect Plug-in

HoRNet has released WahWah, another tool in the guitar effect collection.
The HoRNet WahWah is a digital replica of a vintage effect from the 70s made famous by guitarist and keyboard players around the world. This pedal represents a real signature sound for funky music and is an essential tool in every guitar player's setup.
HoRNet faithfully recreated the sound of the pedal starting from the analysis of the circuit diagram, then simulated it and measured the response. After having created a good sounding wah effect by itself they added an envelope follower that will let you modulate the "wah" sound with attack and release set independently so you will be able to have a sort of "auto wah".

Features:
  • Classic wah-wah effect emulation.
  • Analog saturation.
  • Auto wah with attack and release.
  • Mac OS X (>=10.5 Intel only) and Windows support.
  • 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
  • Audio Units VST2.4, VST3, RTAS and AAX format.

Price: 5,99€ on HoRNet makes the best vst plugins VST, AU, Pro Tools or just 3,59€ if you own the complete bundle.

Download the demo on HoRNet WahWah guitar funky effect plugin in VST, AU, RTAS AAX
Old 23rd May 2016
Gear Maniac

Looks cool. I was about to buy it but...not to sound like a cheapskate but i have a 30% discount coupon that i received for taking the hornet survey but i won't work. at checkout i get 'this discount is not active'. i don't recall any mention of an expiration when i got the code.

i'll try the demo and take it from there.
Old 23rd May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcpl View Post
Looks cool. I was about to buy it but...not to sound like a cheapskate but i have a 30% discount coupon that i received for taking the hornet survey but i won't work. at checkout i get 'this discount is not active'. i don't recall any mention of an expiration when i got the code.

i'll try the demo and take it from there.
You are right, I forgot to re-activate the discount code after the last sale.

You can use it now!
Saverio
Old 23rd May 2016
Gear Maniac

Saverio, thanks for doing that. I just purchased and am looking forward to trying it out later.
Old 23rd May 2016
Gear Maniac

I just played with it for a bit. It sounds great and is very easy to automate in PT 12. i'll be using it a lot. well done.
Old 23rd May 2016
Lives for gear

A wah-wah with an envelope follower and automation for less than the price of a couple of coffees? Instant purchase!
Old 23rd May 2016
Gear Addict

Just remembered I did the survey too, but forgot to save the discount code :( I thought it would have been mailed to me.

Just picked this up tho, should be fun
Old 24th May 2016
Lives for gear

Brilliant! The envelope follower is great for dynamic wah-ing but automate it with an LFO synced to the BPM in Reaper and bam, nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LejonBrames View Post
Just picked this up tho, should be fun
It is
Old 24th May 2016
Gear Addict

Anyone have any recommended settings to start with?
Old 25th May 2016
Lives for gear

I've been automating it with an LFO in Reaper. I set this to about 70% strength so it doesn't go all the way up - I find the wah sweet spot about from 25% (where 0% would be fully bass and 100% fully treble) to about 65% - that's where the magic seems to happen. Also, I decrease the attack and release to 5% or 10% so it's more immediate.

If I use the modulation, I'll set the starting point to that 25% I mentioned above and module to about 65% so the sound is the same but of course, it's input-dependent. Same attack and release settings for that "bite".

The great thing about this is, there's no bad sound, but there's a definite sweet-spot I like around the middle of the wah where the bass tips in to treble. Hard to explain though!
Old 25th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
I've been automating it with an LFO in Reaper. I set this to about 70% strength so it doesn't go all the way up - I find the wah sweet spot about from 25% (where 0% would be fully bass and 100% fully treble) to about 65% - that's where the magic seems to happen. Also, I decrease the attack and release to 5% or 10% so it's more immediate.

If I use the modulation, I'll set the starting point to that 25% I mentioned above and module to about 65% so the sound is the same but of course, it's input-dependent. Same attack and release settings for that "bite".

The great thing about this is, there's no bad sound, but there's a definite sweet-spot I like around the middle of the wah where the bass tips in to treble. Hard to explain though!

In Reaper: I cannot seem to find the Pedal Position as a parameter to automate??
And pls cprompt, provide me with your Reaper preset? Im on OSX btw.
Old 29th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
In Reaper: I cannot seem to find the Pedal Position as a parameter to automate??
And pls cprompt, provide me with your Reaper preset? Im on OSX btw.
Hi, the parameter is called "wah level" in the Reaper autoamation parameter list

Saverio
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search