The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AOM Invisible Limiter G2
Old 13th January 2019 | Show parent
  #91
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfi View Post
Thank you @ theMuzzl3 .

This is still a fun thread with some good info in here, so I'm happy to still come back and read and post stuff.

My usage of Invisible Limiter 2, on the other hand, has thoroughly stopped. TDL's Limiter 6 has become my go to brickwall limiter and has an awesome sounding clipper as well which makes perfect company for the already mentioned beautifully-sounding clippers by AirWindows.

In the end I never did overclock my computer either
I did try out No. 6 quite a bit, 3+years ago. I never determinted that it was not hanging with the good ones, at the time, but it always took me to long to figure things out and dial them in. They are on my list to try again, as I fell in love with Nova and Slick.
Old 15th January 2019
  #92
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Definitely worth the effort of studying it in depth, if you ask me. And definitely SO much more than a brickwall limiter.
Old 24th January 2019
  #93
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Compared both demos, IMO the original is way better . Maybe the new one is more “transparent” or something but the old one has this really nice gluing effect that I like, almost more like a bus compressor than a limiter. I’m willing to bet that’s why FG-X 2 has never happened, they’re probably sitting there thinking well s*** we’ve been hyping this thing up but dammit if we didn’t get it right the first time.
Old 25th January 2019
  #94
Here for the gear
Best sounding plugin you can find, perfect finalizer.
Old 28th August 2019
  #95
Here for the gear
 
new modern III mode is incredibly nice
Old 12th November 2019 | Show parent
  #96
Who else on here is using this G2 as a bus limiter in compressor mode? Just started doing this and am shocked at how well suited it is for this.
Old 12th December 2019 | Show parent
  #97
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Only just tried this for the first time. Been using DMG for a while now. I am amazed at how finely i can adjust the transient response. I have wanted something like this for ages.
I do wish that the GUI looked a bit nicer/more modern. but the way the pluin is laid out is actually very cool indeed - it has a great workflow. All the stepped controls and selectable 'a-c' presets make for really quick tweaking.
Both this and the EQ make me think of analog workflows brought into the digital age.
Also the upgrade scheme looks pretty good.

Very good stuff. Would be curious as to how many people are still using this over Limitless and the rest (Pro L etc)
I know it was a while since this one came out.
Is it likely to get an update any time soon?
Old 15th December 2019 | Show parent
  #98
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
Only just tried this for the first time. Been using DMG for a while now. I am amazed at how finely i can adjust the transient response. I have wanted something like this for ages.
I do wish that the GUI looked a bit nicer/more modern. but the way the pluin is laid out is actually very cool indeed - it has a great workflow. All the stepped controls and selectable 'a-c' presets make for really quick tweaking.
Both this and the EQ make me think of analog workflows brought into the digital age.
Also the upgrade scheme looks pretty good.

Very good stuff. Would be curious as to how many people are still using this over Limitless and the rest (Pro L etc)
I know it was a while since this one came out.
Is it likely to get an update any time soon?
A.O.M. updates regularly with bug fixes and even some new features every once in a while so the answer is "possibly"... what do you want to update anyway!?

Also, I'm very curious as how you're dealing with the plug-in for adjusting the transient response - I haven't gone into that territory yet and I bet you can do some neat stuff. Thank you!

Lic. Ezequiel Morfi | TITANIO
Buenos Aires, Argentina.-
Old 15th December 2019 | Show parent
  #99
Lives for gear
 
screentan's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
Only just tried this for the first time. Been using DMG for a while now. I am amazed at how finely i can adjust the transient response. I have wanted something like this for ages.
I do wish that the GUI looked a bit nicer/more modern. but the way the pluin is laid out is actually very cool indeed - it has a great workflow. All the stepped controls and selectable 'a-c' presets make for really quick tweaking.
Both this and the EQ make me think of analog workflows brought into the digital age.
Also the upgrade scheme looks pretty good.

Very good stuff. Would be curious as to how many people are still using this over Limitless and the rest (Pro L etc)
I know it was a while since this one came out.
Is it likely to get an update any time soon?
Armin Van Buuren was using A.O.M. Invisible Limiter in his recent Masterclass. I hadn't come across it before then.
Old 16th December 2019 | Show parent
  #100
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis9 View Post
new modern III mode is incredibly nice
OH! Had no idea, updating now!
Old 16th December 2019 | Show parent
  #101
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis9 View Post
new modern III mode is incredibly nice
The manual only refers to Modern II ??
is there really a III ?

cheers
Old 22nd December 2019 | Show parent
  #102
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
The manual only refers to Modern II ??
is there really a III ?

cheers
Yup.

Manuals are not the best asset in A.O.M. plug-ins. Luckily, sound quality is

Lic. Ezequiel Morfi | TITANIO
Buenos Aires, Argentina.-
Old 22nd December 2019 | Show parent
  #103
Lives for gear
 
zohomoho's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Aren't the loudness wars over? Who needs a limiter anymore?
Old 22nd December 2019 | Show parent
  #104
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfi View Post
Yup.

Manuals are not the best asset in A.O.M. plug-ins. Luckily, sound quality is

Lic. Ezequiel Morfi | TITANIO
Buenos Aires, Argentina.-
Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019 | Show parent
  #105
Lives for gear
 
screentan's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohomoho View Post
Aren't the loudness wars over? Who needs a limiter anymore?
Was wondering the same thing but even so went ahead and bought Weiss MM-1 and Elevate on special this week.
Old 22nd December 2019 | Show parent
  #106
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohomoho View Post
Aren't the loudness wars over? Who needs a limiter anymore?
A mastered music would sound disconnected without a brickwall limiter and or clipper.
Old 22nd December 2019 | Show parent
  #107
Lives for gear
 
zohomoho's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
I was kinda joking. I still tap the limiter a bit just no need to slam it. With just a tad, any limiter will do.
Old 5th April 2020 | Show parent
  #108
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
I have to say when i demoed G2 i found the attack/release and general transient shaping options exceptional for work on drums/drum buss/just about everything.
The quality wqas absolutely brilliant.
I think if you are interested in limiting drums, this is the one.

However i am trying to make a decision between this and Pro-L at the moment.
I am building more dynamics into my mixing process (now that we have streaming algorithms, i actually want to make music that sounds as good as it can, rather than as loud as it can)
So i am trying to decide between the two. Whilst G2 is amazing for its transient shaping abilities, i also find Pro-L to sound really natural...
Anyone own both?

I still think limitless is best for slamming and pure loudness, but i have that covered and am trying to leave it behind.
Old 6th April 2020 | Show parent
  #109
I'm not a Pro-L owner, I tried it and never got along with it... however Limitless is becoming a go-to on bus duties, lately I've been using it in non-ISP mode and with just two bands going with the crossover at about 250-300hz, and the transient separation mode on, and it's just wonderful set up like this on the 2 bus or drums, and isn't so crazy on the CPU at least on my system. I also use G2 this way as well, in Through mode, both work so well that I'm satisfied with the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
I have to say when i demoed G2 i found the attack/release and general transient shaping options exceptional for work on drums/drum buss/just about everything.
The quality wqas absolutely brilliant.
I think if you are interested in limiting drums, this is the one.

However i am trying to make a decision between this and Pro-L at the moment.
I am building more dynamics into my mixing process (now that we have streaming algorithms, i actually want to make music that sounds as good as it can, rather than as loud as it can)
So i am trying to decide between the two. Whilst G2 is amazing for its transient shaping abilities, i also find Pro-L to sound really natural...
Anyone own both?

I still think limitless is best for slamming and pure loudness, but i have that covered and am trying to leave it behind.
Old 6th April 2020 | Show parent
  #110
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomcenter View Post
I'm not a Pro-L owner, I tried it and never got along with it... however Limitless is becoming a go-to on bus duties, lately I've been using it in non-ISP mode and with just two bands going with the crossover at about 250-300hz, and the transient separation mode on, and it's just wonderful set up like this on the 2 bus or drums, and isn't so crazy on the CPU at least on my system. I also use G2 this way as well, in Through mode, both work so well that I'm satisfied with the two.
Your usage of limitless sounds like my most common usage. I think overall, Limitless is the best (as all DMG products are IMO) but i particularly love the way A.O.M deals with transients/attack and release.
I thought i didn't like Pro-L that much, but when i re demoed the new version i thought it sounded remarkably natural.

I have Ozone and Elevate also (though elevate messes with the phase too much for me these days) so maybe i should just stick with what i have.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 434 views: 118876
Avatar for Slug1
Slug1 25th January 2015
replies: 178 views: 66389
Avatar for wo1
wo1 20th May 2016
replies: 165 views: 12656
Avatar for Daniel Y
Daniel Y 14th February 2014
replies: 181 views: 36002
Avatar for ~ufo~
~ufo~ 3rd April 2020
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump