The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AOM Invisible Limiter G2
Old 21st May 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mho View Post
Looks good, how it is on the Cpu?
Modern mode is heavier about 2.5x comparing to old modes (I apologize), and new oversampling engine is lighter around 2x- than G1. In total, I guess it will become a bit heavier or so-so for typical use in Easy mode.
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayt0n View Post
I bought the full version(lifetime) 18-19 days ago....before this version was publically released.
This is irrelevant. How much did you PAY? That is relevant.
Old 21st May 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
I apologize for not having all the facts before I posted my comment. I assumed your customer paid $199 for version 1 and he was now being asked to pay an additional $99 for version G2.
If he only paid $99 for version 1, then the $99 upgrade fee is totally fair, and I apologize for my words that you found offensive. ごめんなさい。
However, in my opinion, if he paid more than $99 for Invisible version 1 and that was only 20 days ago, AOM should allow him to surrender his version 1 license and give him a discount so that his total expenditure for G2 is not more than $199. It's called a grace period, and almost all companies do it.
No offence to you, I apologize my comment.

Grace period is very difficult problem also for me, any border can be complained by someone, but I am also responsible to make fair, consistent and hopefully reasonable pricing/upgrade policy for most of people.

He bought in $89 for Total Bundle one year ago and $89 Invisible Limiter G1 Lifetime-upgrade recently. Total Bundle at that moment was 0.8x of sum of all 1y licenses, so $24 (0.8x of IL G1 1year $30) plus $89 (1y to lifetime upgrade) = $113 is the amount he paid for G1, this is cheaper than lifetime full price of G1, and plus $99 (G2 corss-grade) = $212 will be total payment if he bought G2.

(Note: price calculation of Total Bundle is changed at G2 release, it is now suppressed to $99 regardless the sum of all 1y licenses and I would like to keep this as long as possible)
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsuto Kubo View Post

Grace period is very difficult problem also for me, any border can be complained by someone, but I am also responsible to make fair, consistent and hopefully reasonable pricing/upgrade policy for most of people.

He bought in $89 for Total Bundle one year ago and $89 Invisible Limiter G1 Lifetime-upgrade recently. Total Bundle at that moment was 0.8x of sum of all 1y licenses, so $24 (0.8x of IL G1 1year $30) plus $89 (1y to lifetime upgrade) = $113 is the amount he paid for G1, this is cheaper than lifetime full price of G1, and plus $99 (G2 corss-grade) = $212 will be total payment if he bought G2.

(Note: price calculation of Total Bundle is changed at G2 release, it is now suppressed to $99 regardless the sum of all 1y licenses and I would like to keep this as long as possible)
That seems fair to me. You seem like a very honest and considerate developer. I hope this thread goes back to discussing the features of your new limiter.
Old 21st May 2016
Gear Head

Btw I like Limitless too. It seems like having great philosophy of limiting, just different from my/other limiters. Difference is very nice for me, I can try arbitrary combination of limiters in my mastering jobs.
Old 21st May 2016
i was testing a lot of límiters... a dave's limiter do not fit in My workflow.
i only works with rock music.

Aom g2
kclip (yes its a clipper)
And steve fxg (welcome saturation)

not looking here for a superb and transparent sound from pink noise at -10db.
i pnly put in My chain, and if works and sounds nice IS nice.

voxengo, limitless, proL sound not nice for me... like focusrite preamps ha ha

of course, a los of tastes in this planet!
My vote goes for g2 right now
Old 21st May 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsuto Kubo View Post

I don't think your understanding what I'm trying to say. Ill try and explain it better. I took the 1 year license plan for all the plugins. So now for me to upgrade from the 1 year to Invisible Limiter, I had to pay paid 89$ 18-19 days ago. Now try and understand this....if I have to go from Invisible Limiter to Invisible Limiter G2, I need to pay you another 99$ for 18-19 days of usage of Invisible Limiter. So do the math...89$ for the rental(1 year)+89$ for the Liftime license(Invisible Limiter), plus now another 99$ to go from Invisible Limiter to Invisible Limiter G2 = 277$

Now if I never bought the full license of Invisible Limiter, I would have to pay 89$ for my 1 year rental, plus 150$ to go from 1 year rental to Invisible Limiter G2 which = 239$

So, for 18-19 days, I am having to pay an extra 38$ to get Invisible Limiter G2. Do you see what I'm getting at?! So for 18-19 days of using my new Lifetime Invisible Limiter license, I have now have to pay an extra 38$!?! How does this make any sense!? I was never even offered to pay the extra to go straight to Invisible Limiter G2 because it technically didn't exist yet. I didn't say I want you to give it to me for free(although most companies would have given it to me for free) but come on.....cut me some slack!! Anyways this is my last post about this....lets get this thread back on track!
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear

Limitless is still miles ahead of the competition.
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchhare View Post
A lot of people think so!
But I still can't retain as much punch or snap using limitless as I can with Invisible. Limitless sounded soft by comparison no matter how I set it up.
Really looking forward to trying G2.

Last edited by Drywsef; 21st May 2016 at 10:14 PM..
Old 21st May 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Limiter (like all DMG products) is afflicted by severe "featuritis", a disease characterized by lots and lots of difficult-to-decipher buttons and controls, requiring the constant use of a manual.

I prefer simple things, specially when it comes to plugins.
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakhano View Post
Limiter (like all DMG products) is afflicted by severe "featuritis", a disease characterized by lots and lots of difficult-to-decipher buttons and controls, requiring the constant use of a manual.

I prefer simple things, specially when it comes to plugins.
Once you get used to it, it's really simple, and worth learning because of how good it sounds. When there was nothing else, I really liked the first version of Invisible Limiter and a couple other ones, but Limitless has made them obsolete.
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Once you get used to it, it's really simple, and worth learning because of how good it sounds. When there was nothing else, I really liked the first version of Invisible Limiter and a couple other ones, but Limitless has made them obsolete.
I tried to like Limitless but I failed, so I guess it's not the best limiter for everyone. Will try the new Invisible Limiter soon, curious how it compares to my current favorite limiter (Pro-L).
Old 22nd May 2016
Gear Maniac

Great sound, ugly GUI and expensive price.
Old 22nd May 2016
Gear Maniac

I purchase a year of Invisible Limiter a few years ago. I wound up not renuing the license, so policies saved me money in the the long run as I fell in love with Limiless.

@ itbalcubo: It is hard to beat TC brickwall limiter included in the MD3 bundle, for Rock and Roll...

Last edited by majoraxis; 22nd May 2016 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: Edited
Old 22nd May 2016
Deleted bc6012f
Quote:
I don't think your understanding what I'm trying to say. Ill try and explain it better. I took the 1 year license plan for all the plugins. So now for me to upgrade from the 1 year to Invisible Limiter, I had to pay paid 89$ 18-19 days ago. Now try and understand this....if I have to go from Invisible Limiter to Invisible Limiter G2, I need to pay you another 99$ for 18-19 days of usage of Invisible Limiter. So do the math...89$ for the rental(1 year)+89$ for the Liftime license(Invisible Limiter), plus now another 99$ to go from Invisible Limiter to Invisible Limiter G2 = 277$

Now if I never bought the full license of Invisible Limiter, I would have to pay 89$ for my 1 year rental, plus 150$ to go from 1 year rental to Invisible Limiter G2 which = 239$

So, for 18-19 days, I am having to pay an extra 38$ to get Invisible Limiter G2. Do you see what I'm getting at?! So for 18-19 days of using my new Lifetime Invisible Limiter license, I have now have to pay an extra 38$!?! How does this make any sense!? I was never even offered to pay the extra to go straight to Invisible Limiter G2 because it technically didn't exist yet. I didn't say I want you to give it to me for free(although most companies would have given it to me for free) but come on.....cut me some slack!! Anyways this is my last post about this....lets get this thread back on track!
I know we are beating dead horse but imho company move was not fair in this case. You bought his all plugins, then this limiter. Basically you totally supported him with your money. You even wasn't asking for refund or free upgrade but a discount price. AOM should provided one. Thanks for reporting. I will avoid this company because in my opinion they do not respect loyal users at least not in this particular situation.

Btw don't know where store is located but in EU user can return product (even software) within 30days of purchase. I did it several times with different companies(where i had problems with product) and this is working. Every serious company is working like that.

Kind regards.
Old 22nd May 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
I tried Limitless, but could not go past the many parameters, to be honest. There are so many it felt like learning a new DAW.

I have no doubt it can sound great if given the time, but my personal ideal of a great plugin is one that does what it's supposed to do with minimum effort. In that sense, Invisible Limiter and others have an advantage while not lagging behind in sound quality.

In the end, it's mostly a matter of personal preference: I like simple interfaces.
Old 22nd May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
its not a question of being offensive or not. the problem is that I paid you maybe even 18-19 days before you released this product. every other company I know would have given a free update to their newest version considering the time frame. then, I re-messaged you to ask if you are sure that I have to pay the 100$ to upgrade, and you tell me yes. So what your tell me I have to pay the same amount of money as a customer who maybe bought your plugin a year or so ago and was now updating. So I just gave you the full money for a full license to a plugin that is now old, and 18-19 days after, you release this version (G2), and then you tell me I have to pay full upgrade price to update. I was waiting to see if maybe you would have even considered cutting it down to 50$ for my update since I paid you 18-19 days before you released this updated version publically. The response I got back from you was not the response I was hoping for. I'm just seriously really disappointed. Any other company would have given me a free update or at least, discounted my purchase.

Also, you keep telling everyone that this is a new product...it is a new product but it is an UPDATE to the existing one. If it wasn't an update, why did you name it the same and "G2" it!? Even the GUI looks the same. And why give people the option to update if its a new product!? You should be charging full price or have an into price.
They never promised you a free update to version two. So you shouldn't automatically assume that you will get one. Each company has a different policy. Apple Logic is the same no free updates. It's also the same for most products outside of audio.
Old 22nd May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Izotope Ozone and Invisible Limiter say "no!" Even IK have a really good limiter now.
Old 22nd May 2016
Lives for gear

If you want something simple and great sounding, with a lower price than AOM, then try LA xLimit II by TBProAudio, it sounds better than Invisible Limiter IMHO.
Old 22nd May 2016
When you sell a product called "Invisible Limiter G1 Lifetime-upgrade" I don't think it's unreasonable for customers to expect a free upgrade to v2
Old 22nd May 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesha View Post
If you want something simple and great sounding, with a lower price than AOM, then try LA xLimit II by TBProAudio, it sounds better than Invisible Limiter IMHO.
G2 is not invisible limiter v1. Improved sound quality and flexible settings. LA xLimitII is good limiter. These are different animals.

I don't feel beauty from ILG2. It is business plug. useful, but not musical. I first use the Limitless, use the ILGS2 when requested more gain.
Old 22nd May 2016
Dear Atsuto Kubo,

I'm surprised that the 16x oversampling feature is gone from Invisible Limiter G1, as that was one of my favorite features.

I understand that the oversampling engine has been completely rewritten for G2 but I would like to humbly ask you why is it that G2 will only go up to 8x OS?

Thank you and warm regards from Argentina.
Old 22nd May 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfi View Post
Dear Atsuto Kubo,

I'm surprised that the 16x oversampling feature is gone from Invisible Limiter G1, as that was one of my favorite features.

I understand that the oversampling engine has been completely rewritten for G2 but I would like to humbly ask you why is it that G2 will only go up to 8x OS?

Thank you and warm regards from Argentina.
Thank you for comments.

You can try Quality=4 setting, then the limiter goes to 8x internal sampling ratio. Current oversampling ratio is shown below or right of that drop-down list. The number of quality parameter is not a straight number of oversampling ratio but based on power of 2.

Oversampling parameter was slightly hard to understand especially on actual internal sampling rate and user's expectation about CPU load. Let's take an example,
  • Project sampling rate=48kHz, oversampling=1x -> 48kHz internal sampling rate
  • Project sampling rate=48kHz, oversampling=8x -> 384kHz internal sampling rate
  • Project sampling rate=96kHz, oversampling=1x -> 96kHz internal sampling rate
  • Project sampling rate=96kHz, oversampling=8x -> 768kHz internal sampling rate
Under 96kHz 8x setting, the limiter doubles CPU load, and brings different (maybe unexpected) sound comparing to under 48kHz 8x setting. This behavior is not good to make presets. If you make your own preset for 48kHz and try to reuse it in another 96kHz project, the limiter may bring different sound and CPU load than 48kHz. Since sampling rate range which plugins should assume is getting wider and wider, I have introduced this abstraction first in tranQuilizr.

Quality parameter internally represents target sampling rate for oversampling, such as Quality=1: 50kHz, Quality=2: 100kHz, Quality=3: 200kHz, respectively. Actual oversampling ratio is calculated as:
  • Project sampling rate=48kHz, quality=1(50kHz target) -> 1x, 48kHz
  • Project sampling rate=48kHz, quality=4(400kHz target) -> 8x, 384kHz
  • Project sampling rate=96kHz, quality=1(50kHz target) -> 1x, 96kHz
  • Project sampling rate=96kHz, quality=4(400kHz target) -> 4x, 384kHz
  • Project sampling rate=192kHz, quality=1(50kHz target) -> 1x, 192kHz
  • Project sampling rate=192kHz, quality=4(400kHz target) -> 2x, 384kHz
We can get same internal sampling rate independently from project sampling rate, except for lower quality settings and higher project sampling rate.

Thanks for reading my long explanation!
Old 22nd May 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
When you sell a product called "Invisible Limiter G1 Lifetime-upgrade" I don't think it's unreasonable for customers to expect a free upgrade to v2
Interesting. I'll reconsider about the name of 1y-to-lifetime option e.g. extension, which does not imply cross-product things. Thanks.
Old 23rd May 2016
G2's "Modern" mode is exceptionally good at preserving transients.

In a shootout with Limitless I found myself preferring the transient characteristics of G2 on a LOUD modern rock mix.
Old 23rd May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison View Post
G2's "Modern" mode is exceptionally good at preserving transients.

In a shootout with Limitless I found myself preferring the transient characteristics of G2 on a LOUD modern rock mix.
Interesting.
What was the maximum GR ?
Old 23rd May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Interesting.
What was the maximum GR ?
-6.5 dB
Old 23rd May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison View Post
-6.5 dB
Thanks.
Surely there is a limit to how many limiters I need (he says, talking to himself )
Old 24th May 2016
Lives for gear

We're all set for Limiters ATM but I will say that Atsuto was very helpful in getting us set up regarding Legacy System questions and installers. Their sound design tools (Cyclic Panner, Stereo Imager D, Wave Shredder) have been a welcome addition to our workflow and glad I made an initial inquiry after hearing so much about Invisble Limiter 1.
They were the first Co. that I remember (although maybe not in the entire industry) to offer a Yearly and thought it wouldn't work. Ended up perfect having that option-FWIW
Old 27th May 2016
Lives for gear

Using flexible settings G2 can be very good Bus compressor.
I use it in Compressor-Style and Through Mode
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search