Arturia advances Analog Lab composite VI to include V Collection 5 sound collection - Page 2 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia advances Analog Lab composite VI to include V Collection 5 sound collection
Old 21st May 2016
  #31
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
i bought analog lab a while ago and found it too much of CPU hog compared with the older versions. i'm pretty sure it was the FX on the newer synths patches. In my initial tests Analog Lab 2 seems much more stable and easy on my old ass MBP. I guess removing the effects was a good thing! Combined with the better browser, GUI, and added keyboards...Analog Lab finally looks like a great deal, espcially now that you have all the bread-n-butter stuff like EP, organ, and piano covered. You can't build patches from scratch, but there's something like 20 parameters you can tweak on each and over 5000 patches. It's more of a complete sound module now. A no-brainer for the price.
Old 21st May 2016 | Show parent
  #32
Lives for gear
 
Oli P's Avatar
I went with the upgrade...and don't agree on many clicks to install the software...it basically installed itself from the download app. Took forever!

The Rhodes seems a bit limited compared to the Wurlie...lesser eq options, and no phaser for the Rhodes...but one for the Wurlie??? ...Come on guys...that is the noobiest thing ever!

Also wonder how I can import my old presets into the V5 instruments...anybody have luck with that?

The new GUI and browser are really nice!
Old 21st May 2016
  #33
Gear Nut
 
Massan's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
can anybody confirm that the old projects are compatible with these plugins, or it's a separate set of plugins? Got confused by the fact that they changed the names of some old synths
Old 21st May 2016 | Show parent
  #34
Lives for gear
 
Oli P's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massan View Post
can anybody confirm that the old projects are compatible with these plugins, or it's a separate set of plugins? Got confused by the fact that they changed the names of some old synths
The installer leaves your old versions intact...so regard it as new plug-ins.
Your old projects will open with the old versions.
Old 21st May 2016 | Show parent
  #35
LCW
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCW View Post
I like Arturia alot. Im shure these new instruments are really good but COME ON! the gui and preset system neeeds to be upgraded on previous plugs before they get to claim a V5 upgrade. jupiter 8 deserves a gui that dosent look stupid in 2016.
Clearly I jumped to conclusion without reading. Resizable guis along with a better Preset browser is there. My Bad.
Old 21st May 2016 | Show parent
  #36
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
The fx got removed?

if that means what I think it does, thats not good.
Personally, I've always shut off the built-in FX on presets that had them, and apply my own.
Old 22nd May 2016
  #37
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
With what they have done with ipad apps i had big hopes for those v5 but they kept old crappy design and rsize it ....and it s very limited since a lot are horizontals and don t allow a big ratio ....they should have gone a more 2016 way ... They propose pages , let s not be afraid to di this with synths also , not only for goodies ....

The way see it , it s more a : "not minuscule on high resolution sceen "thing than a "bigger gui "

Correct me if i m wrong ...
Old 22nd May 2016
  #38
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
No mouse scroll support (2016)

guyz seroious question : i was cleaning my laptop c drive yesturday and a lot of crap in programmes data (mostly NI installers) , and then i saw my arturia folder and woaoh 4 GB !!! i only have 10 gb remaining on my c driver (SSD) and arturias are helle of big (another one big is slate) , so i downaloaded the mini V3 try a custom install and again the ressources can't be installed where i want , only the dll and the unistallers , standalone ect ....

Is there a way to realocate those ? i have my audio drive pretty empty where i tend to install all audio stuff , but it keeps intaslling arturia ressources on C !!

analog lab alone is 800 mb and it installe ressources of others even if those are installed !!!
Old 24th May 2016 | Show parent
  #39
Lives for gear
 
jimmydeluxe's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Soooo glad I didn't jump the gun...worked with ana lab 2 long enough to make a cool track around a patch (in bitwig) save it, come back to it next day only to find the patch was lost just like the old version used to do. Reason why I quit using them–Great sound, pure garbage under the hood...worst software package I've ever worked with. Deuces Arturia!
Old 24th May 2016
  #40
Here for the gear
 
Do someone also has the crackling sound problems with the new v 5 collection?

I hadn't this problem with the V4. Now out of the sudden crackling sounds on every synth and even worse my DAW crashes/Freezes

Win 7 x64 SP1, Ableton 9.6, Quad-Core 3 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, M-Audio 2696 ASIO, Drivers/Visual C++/.NET Framework up to date
Old 26th May 2016
  #41
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Your buffer is set to low.
Old 27th May 2016
  #42
Lives for gear
 
Ivorydom's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
So how is V5?
Stable?

Any bugs/stability issues?
Old 27th May 2016 | Show parent
  #43
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorydom View Post
So how is V5?
Stable?

Any bugs/stability issues?
Much more stable than the previous iteration. We've only tested it today but it held up well, and the CPU hit wasn't bad at all.

So far it's impressive. The GUIs are so much better, and the sound appears more clear and substantial with several of these.
Old 27th May 2016 | Show parent
  #44
Deleted 9695bba
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Much more stable than the previous iteration. We've only tested it today but it held up well, and the CPU hit wasn't bad at all.

So far it's impressive. The GUIs are so much better, and the sound appears more clear and substantial with several of these.
Totally agreed! Avoided using Arturia in the past because of stability issues and unfriendly GUI - both those issues have been dealt with and I'm sure I'm not imagining it - sounds better for sure too!
Old 27th May 2016 | Show parent
  #45
Here for the gear
 
hey guys,

could you please share your system specifications like cpu/ram/daw/soundcard/motherboard/OS...

GUI in V5 is perfect for my taste but as mentioned, i have big issues with stability & crackling sound witch BTW is not related to my buffer size and sample rate


I'm really frustrated and would like to understand where my problem with my system is if i could compare it to yours maybe.
Old 29th May 2016
  #46
TNM
Lives for gear
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
i'd be happy just to keep my V4 and not pay for the bug fixes. They can keep the paid options for those who want the new gui and sound engine etc.


All the crashing problems i am having, most of which seem to be fixed according to the release notes, should NOT be a paid update. that's really unacceptable in my opinion. I really hate paying for bug fixes.
Old 29th May 2016
  #47
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
No upgrade option from Analog Laboratory?
Old 31st May 2016
  #48
Lives for gear
 
PRPS's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
i purchased the IV collection and it crashes on me frequently with logic 9. I'm curious to hear other people's opinions the update.
Old 31st May 2016 | Show parent
  #49
Lives for gear
 
PRPS's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
i'd be happy just to keep my V4 and not pay for the bug fixes. They can keep the paid options for those who want the new gui and sound engine etc.


All the crashing problems i am having, most of which seem to be fixed according to the release notes, should NOT be a paid update. that's really unacceptable in my opinion. I really hate paying for bug fixes.
this...
Old 3rd June 2016 | Show parent
  #50
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by user2000 View Post
Do someone also has the crackling sound problems with the new v 5 collection?

I hadn't this problem with the V4. Now out of the sudden crackling sounds on every synth and even worse my DAW crashes/Freezes

Win 7 x64 SP1, Ableton 9.6, Quad-Core 3 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, M-Audio 2696 ASIO, Drivers/Visual C++/.NET Framework up to date
Hi,

Can you give me more info about when this happens.
Which plugin(s) are you using ?
Does it happens all the time ?
Does it behave differently when you increase the buffer size in your DAW or in standalone ?

Thanks.
Old 3rd June 2016 | Show parent
  #51
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptisteArturia View Post
Hi,

Can you give me more info about when this happens.
Which plugin(s) are you using ?
Does it happens all the time ?
Does it behave differently when you increase the buffer size in your DAW or in standalone ?

Thanks.

Hi,
All the synths from the V-Collection 5 have this Problem in my case.
Yes it happens all the time and it doesn't change no matter how strong i increase or decrease the Buffer size.

My CPU (Intel Q9650) usage is around 20% and RAM around 1,5 GB when i use the PlugIns in my DAW (Ableton 9.6). There is no sudden peaks to see.

I installed my windows fresh and Updated all the Drivers but the Crackling still exists.
Old 4th June 2016 | Show parent
  #52
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakufan View Post
No upgrade option from Analog Laboratory?
Update: Arturia has provided the update to us Analog Laboratory users but it doesn't activate weird
Old 4th June 2016 | Show parent
  #53
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Escobar View Post
Bought V 4 3 days ago, now they ask me for a hundred for the upgrade of the software that already have! Last Arturia product ever.
X1000

Dumped v4 after that bs. Never again.
Old 6th June 2016 | Show parent
  #54
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by user2000 View Post
Hi,
All the synths from the V-Collection 5 have this Problem in my case.
Yes it happens all the time and it doesn't change no matter how strong i increase or decrease the Buffer size.

My CPU (Intel Q9650) usage is around 20% and RAM around 1,5 GB when i use the PlugIns in my DAW (Ableton 9.6). There is no sudden peaks to see.

I installed my windows fresh and Updated all the Drivers but the Crackling still exists.
This is weird. Please contact our support team and we will investigate what's going on with your setup.

https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp/issues

Thanks.
Old 16th December 2016 | Show parent
  #55
Lives for gear
 
screentan's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
How do you automate Analog Lab 2 in Ableton? The parameters don't show up like on other plugins.
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 178 views: 32133
Avatar for Stef.L
Stef.L 20th April 2010
replies: 219 views: 21035
Avatar for Kevin@Arturia
[email protected] 22nd May 2018
replies: 671 views: 65294
Avatar for Don Solaris
Don Solaris 11 hours ago
replies: 213 views: 33000
Avatar for BezowinZ
BezowinZ 10 hours ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump