The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Filterbank 500-series bereich03-Audio
Old 19th May 2016
Gear Head

Hardware Filterbank 500-series bereich03-Audio

Hi

I want to show you my new 500 module, the Filterbank.
First of all, although it is two slots wide, it is a mono device. Only one channel. Sorry, but there was no way to make it smaller. Too much stuff in it and too many controls on the front.
I developed this unit during my last two mixing sessions. I needed a device to process the drum overheads as drastic as possible. I was thinking of a set of bandpass filters for a few years. So I started with the filterbank as the main part and added a simple but effective compressor for classic squashing and a diode clipper to add distortions. I thought this should be a good combination of tools.
The parallel bandpass filters are not like a graphic EQ. This means, if all faders are at the lower position, there is no sound at all. If only one fader is up, you will hear only the area around this frequency. If all faders are up, it’s not a linear response. The frequency plot looks more like a strange sinewave.
With the different combinations of these three processing blocks, there is a great pallet of special sounds.
If you don’t like drastic processing, this is not the right module for you. For all the others, I think you can have a lot of fun with this little bastard.

I will post a short video later.

Price: 450,- euro (without german tax)

Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Filterbank 500-series bereich03-Audio-filterbank-1.jpg   Filterbank 500-series bereich03-Audio-filterbank-2.jpg  
Old 19th May 2016
Gear Head

Hardware

Here is a short video.

0:00 drums
1:56 bass
2:34 rhodes
3:18 guitar

Old 19th May 2016
Lives for gear

I just wanted to add that every time a client wants mastering, Bereich 03 is one of three names I tell them.
Old 20th May 2016
Lives for gear

Finally!

I had a prototype of this unit at my Studio a few weeks ago, and i had a chance to play with it for a minute.
The Bereich03 Filterbank is a very effective, intuitive and hands on unit. Although the possibilities are almost endless, you'll either find what you're looking for within 3 Minutes, or you will try something else instead.
I was also surprised how well the compressor section behaved on programmed drums, given it's very limited set of controls. The clipping section is the icing on the cake,... very addictive. This thing can get really l o u d.
Old 30th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frans View Post
I just wanted to add that every time a client wants mastering, Bereich 03 is one of three names I tell them.
+1
Old 9th June 2016
Lives for gear

Great stuff.. Very useful and sounds good!
Old 10th June 2016
Amazing, can you stereo link 2 units ?
Old 10th June 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisbrown View Post
Amazing, can you stereo link 2 units ?
Yes, you can link the comp oft two units.
Old 12th June 2016
Gear Nut

Awesome.
Old 6th August 2016
500 series nutjob

interesting.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search