The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wilkinson Audio DeBleeder Plugin (removes drum bleed)
Old 23rd December 2018
Lives for gear

Whats the latest version of this and is there any GUI update planed, realtime waveform display etc?
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Addict
would be nice to have AAX-DSP as advertised.
Just bought this plugin and although it claims to be DSP compatible, it is not.
Apart from that nice work, I like it!
Old 15th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
would be nice to have AAX-DSP as advertised.
Just bought this plugin and although it claims to be DSP compatible, it is not.
Apart from that nice work, I like it!
Funny, I never noticed that before. AAX-DSP would be rad.
Attached Thumbnails
Wilkinson Audio DeBleeder Plugin (removes drum bleed)-b89f0ff8-0b24-4e06-a83d-263de73fc764.jpg  
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear

I just bought this and now wished I hadn't. In spite of the claims it seems to be nothing more than a gate with a bandpass filter in the sidechain. The "threshold" control is overly sensitive and hard to set as well.

Frankly, I get better results with the free Noise Gate in Cakewalk. It has sidechain filters, adjustable lookahead, a smooth response and some unique transient enhancement features. Excellent on drums.

I will probably never use DeBleeder. I should have known better than to buy without a demo.
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonlinear View Post
I just bought this and now wished I hadn't. In spite of the claims it seems to be nothing more than a gate with a bandpass filter in the sidechain. The "threshold" control is overly sensitive and hard to set as well.

Frankly, I get better results with the free Noise Gate in Cakewalk. It has sidechain filters, adjustable lookahead, a smooth response and some unique transient enhancement features. Excellent on drums.

I will probably never use DeBleeder. I should have known better than to buy without a demo.
To be fair, the free gate in Sonar is fantastic!
Old 26th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonlinear View Post

I think it works great for softening down the other sounds you dont want - sometimes it feels like its not doing much, but then I turn it off and I realize how smoothly it's working - I don't use it for hard gating, but I love Debleeder for subtle clarity tweaks.
Old 26th June 2019
Gear Addict

Yeahh this plugin is real beauty and one of my all time go to weapons!
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Nut

This was a lifesaver for me! Especially for louder genres, when I want to push the toms through 1176s. It's the only tool that controls the bleed efficiently. I've tried multiband gates but this works better and faster. Glad I got it! Very reasonably priced too.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
sometimes it feels like its not doing much, but then I turn it off and I realize how smoothly it's working - I don't use it for hard gating, but I love Debleeder for subtle clarity tweaks.
It doesn't work every time on everything, but on the right source it rocks. Just buy it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search