The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
TDR SlickEQ Mastering Edition!!!
Old 28th December 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Hi guys. Does the mastering edition have a smart unmasking feature? Which applies eq settings determined by other tracks in the mix Like Neutron.
At it's current stage of development, no.
Old 29th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sircuit View Post
Ok cheers for confirming this.
Old 29th December 2018
Lives for gear

There's a big update to the Slick EQs coming out very soon according to @ fabien .
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircuit View Post
Having interconnected bands dealing with masking etc is not where this EQ will go. The "M" in SlickEQ M stands for Mastering, not Mixing But having said that, there's definitely more they can do with the capture/learn functionality - check out Mastering the Mix's very powerful and useful REFERENCE plugin for example.
Old 1st January 2019
^^ we don't plan to change slickEQ M's conceptual focus (mastering).

What is planned (or better: already under work) is the integration for the "SmartOps" interface known from the latest Nova GE update.
This means we'll likely see very similar functionality, but including SlickEQ M's special features (stereo image processing). So all these "Reference by instance" trickery known from Nova GE will also appear in SlickEQ M. This is essentially the "masking" feature as promoted by Ozone, just presented in a different manner: Simply "match by reference by instance" (i.e. by an instance sitting on the other track) and use negative AMOUNT values. I personally don't like this whole usage of the term masking, and the idea to reduce its definition to "overlapping spectra". In my opinion, this isn't masking.

For mixing, Nova/Nova GE will likely remain the better alternative.
Old 2nd January 2019
Awesome news @ FabienTDR and very happy to see this thread alive and kicking! I keep using SlickEQ M on a daily basis; I can't believe it's almost three years old now!
Old 2nd January 2019
Deleted 691ca21
It's my fave plugin of all time.
Old 2nd January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 691ca21 View Post
It's my fave plugin of all time.
And you even have your own dithering plug-in!
Old 2nd January 2019
Amen Herme!

I'm looking forward to this update as well.
Old 3rd January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfi View Post
And you even have your own dithering plug-in!
I truly LOL'd

I am looking forward to the SlickEQ H (Hermequalizer) Edition
Old 3rd January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
I truly LOL'd

I am looking forward to the SlickEQ H (Hermequalizer) Edition
Not a bad idea at all. I'm sure Gregg has a lot of good ideas on possible improvements for the SlickEQ M. And he's part of the beta-team, right? I'm so envious!
Old 3rd January 2019
Deleted 691ca21
Yes, I beta test for TDR, Klanghelm and Valhalla, in full disclosure. Hermepass is great but as I told Chris, I need something with Hz readout, not just a "random" number between 0.0 and 1.0. It's my main beef with AW plugs. I think once a lot of them are made open source some cool devs are gonna come along and put a load of different AW algos into various plugs with cool GUIs and readouts etc., and tweak the audio, will be amazing. Sorry for the OT aside!

I for one absolutely cannot wait for Slick EQ M to get the update. I've used it nearly every day since it came out, it's my main digital EQ, it's my fave plugin of all time etc. Getting the new Smart Ops features from the latest Nova update will make it incredible.
Old 3rd January 2019
Thank you Gregg.

OT aside, I stand by your opinion on AW's lack of readouts although I must admit in a lot of cases I actually appreciate the fact that I don't really know the exact values I'm dialing and I'm just choosing by what sounds good. Same old story... And being a ME, I can be very meticulous for sure!

Back to SlickEQ M; indeed a great sounding EQ but also with a great design and concept behind it, and people supporting it with full force. Hardly any need for another EQ in my studio.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Can you shed any light on what's going on under the hood when using the Hardness meta filter?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Can anyone explain what does the match pink do? And do anyone recommend it as oppose to the match reference?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stravinsky View Post
Can anyone explain what does the match pink do? And do anyone recommend it as oppose to the match reference?
It matches your audio to a pink noise reference curve. Give it a try, I sometimes prefer the outcome to matching to a reference curve, especially on a full mix.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stravinsky View Post
often works great to match pink and dial back the Range to ~40%
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Klimek View Post
Yes, it has the effect of beefing up lower level frequencies and taming more pokey or resonant ones. Dial it back to allow the character of your mix to come through.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
It matches your audio to a pink noise reference curve. Give it a try, I sometimes prefer the outcome to matching to a reference curve, especially on a full mix.
Quote:
Thank you Zyzygis and Andrew!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
Can you shed any light on what's going on under the hood when using the Hardness meta filter?
AFAIK it's just a static preset to boost or soften areas that you might call "presence" or "hardness"
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
AFAIK it's just a static preset to boost or soften areas that you might call "presence" or "hardness"
and you can see it when you open the display, too.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search