Audified announces MixChecker - the ultimate mixing assistant - Page 3 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audified announces MixChecker - the ultimate mixing assistant
Old 25th June 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I don't know why everybody is complaining about the price, it saves you time when comes the time to check your mix and as you you know time is money
Old 17th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Ok, let try to do some studio scenario
for Example - We have some room couple of any genelecs , and couple of ns10
we measured ns10 , and measured genelecs ,we do some impulse.
Can genelecs sound like ns10 ? -, yes ,,,, only in this room only with these genelecs....
If we try this impulses with any acoustic in other room - we will immediately hear a HUGE phase/frequency problems....perfectly nothing general with a source monitors ..

As a result of - we have 15 useless impulses for 150 USD
Great work audified !
Old 18th July 2016 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
824 are quite old , I wouldn't use compensation with them. Hope it helps
Can you please clarify this further. There are many "old" but great monitors in use in project studios, so what is the issue with using them with your plugin? Please provide detail with your statements to help others better understand.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
explanation is easy, 824 weren't simply top of the monitor design even in the time of their birth. The middle class and low end of monitor design went quite up in the quality last 10 years.
We will not talk about NS10 and Auratones , Tannoys Gold. That is different chapter.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
explanation is easy, 824 weren't simply top of the monitor design even in the time of their birth. The middle class and low end of monitor design went quite up in the quality last 10 years.
We will not talk about NS10 and Auratones , Tannoys Gold. That is different chapter.
Thanks, but that's just an opinion. Are you trying to tell us that any monitor over a certain age or build spec should not be used with your plugin? If so, it would be good to understand what the baseline is that you recommend in terms of specs.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezerman View Post
Thanks, but that's just an opinion. Are you trying to tell us that any monitor over a certain age or build spec should not be used with your plugin? If so, it would be good to understand what the baseline is that you recommend in terms of specs.
We recommend to use plugin without compensation from the several price and level of quality monitors. Simply the matter is how good they are. Kii audio here.The basic is how they works for you and how you know them. And yes of course it is advice and you can use it however it works for you.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
We recommend to use plugin without compensation from the several price and level of quality monitors. Simply the matter is how good they are. Kii audio here.The basic is how they works for you and how you know them. And yes of course it is advice and you can use it however it works for you.
Thanks carloff. Ok, so no room compensation tools and monitors newer and/or better than the 'old' Mackie 824's. Therefore I'm guessing the plugin must be aimed at semi pro studios, where I can see it can having its uses, and not home mixers based on what you've stated here, with less than ideal rooms and cheapish monitors. By that I mean if you're monitor/room combo is telling you lies and you're aware of it, this plug, at least on its own won't help you. I'll demo shortly and feed back on my own experience.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thanks carloff. Ok, so no room compensation tools and monitors newer and/or better than the 'old' Mackie 824's. Therefore I'm guessing the plugin must be aimed at semi pro studios, where I can see it can having its uses, and not home mixers based on what you've stated here, with less than ideal rooms and cheapish monitors. By that I mean if you're monitor/room combo is telling you lies and you're aware of it, this plug, at least on its own won't help you. I'll demo shortly and feed back on my own experience.
For the cheap monitors you can still use compensation . Thnx for feedback!
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Ok, first let me say I think Audified make some great products and I appreciate carloff' taking the time to quickly respond to my questions. I've also read the mixed reviews on here and on their website and right now I am struggling to see any major value in this plugin after spending some time with it.

If anyone can give a clear repro of how they've used it as intended with success, I'd be extremely grateful as I may be missing something obvious after a very long couple of weeks of mixing.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Ok, first let me say I think Audified make some great products and I appreciate carloff' taking the time to quickly respond to my questions. I've also read the mixed reviews on here and on their website and right now I am struggling to see any major value in this plugin after spending some time with it.

If anyone can give a clear repro of how they've used it as intended with success, I'd be extremely grateful as I may be missing something obvious after a very long couple of weeks of mixing.
You can see couple of videos how to use it

of course not all plugins are for everyone, but I can assure that some big names use it now with big succes
good luck
regards

Last edited by carloff; 18th July 2016 at 11:37 PM..
Old 19th July 2016 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
You can see couple of videos how to use it of course not all plugins are for everyone, but I can assure that some big names use it now with big succes
good luck
regards
Thanks carloff.

Ok, here's my two cents after spending some time with the plugin yesterday (Tested using using Adam S3X-H monitors, for emu comparison I also have NS 10's and Avantones, treated room etc).

I didn't have super high expectations to begin with, but I was pleasantly surprised once I got going. The GUI is great. It's simple and takes about 8 seconds to get your head around. Its light on CPU and appeared stable on both Mac and PC setups.

In use, the emulations were fairly close to my NS 10s, laptop (macbook pro) and desktop (iMac). Though the others, I didn't think were representative and IMO are some way off.

After playing with it for a while I came to the view that unless you've mixing on a pair of high end monitors in a treated room, this tool may likely lead you to make incorrect mix decisions. For those that do use high end gear but don't have NS 10's or Avantones, the emu's are an ok representation of the 'sound' of these monitors, though I wouldn't use it for critical mix decisions.

I've not been able to assess which end of the market this plugin is aimed at. Either I'm too thick to understand the marketing blurb or it genuinely isn't that clear. Personally, I think its a good 'quick snapshot' tool for pro mix engineers (re the emu's I've mentioned). But if you're mixing on low end monitors, in a typical home room setup, IMO you're money is probably better spent elsewhere.

Last edited by freezerman; 19th July 2016 at 03:52 PM..
Old 26th July 2016
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Quote:
So with the 824's turn on 8" compensation button or no? You said in earlier post don't use the compensation but now it sounds like you are saying to use it.
Old 1st August 2016 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link0126 View Post
So with the 824's turn on 8" compensation button or no? You said in earlier post don't use the compensation but now it sounds like you are saying to use it.
I know, its confusing, which I why I mentioned that things need to be a little clearer. I would not recommend using this tool unless you've already got a good setup, room and monitors. If you have, then there a few emulations that will make the asking price worthwhile for some.
Old 1st August 2016 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I know, its confusing, which I why I mentioned that things need to be a little clearer. I would not recommend using this tool unless you've already got a good setup, room and monitors. If you have, then there a few emulations that will make the asking price worthwhile for some.
For now I chose to go with an avantone style mono speaker to check mixes against. It's not just a matter of frequency response but the build of the speaker/no crossover etc... I find it also helps with setting levels. I was able to get the speaker cheaper than the cost of the plugin as well. I think the plugin was helpful in some ways for me and if it ever goes on sale I may pick it up.
Old 14th September 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
If anyone would like a license for this plugin at a greatly reduced price check out my classifieds.
Old 15th November 2016
News Desk Editor

🎧 15 years

INFO
Audified, inspired by the wishes of their users, introduced the new version of their MixChecker plug-in. This tool allows its users to check how their mixes would translate to devices often used in the consumer area (smart phone) and simulates classic reference speakers.

New Features:
Mixchecker version 1.1 brings independent volume setting for each simulated device.
Simplified controls grant more efficiency and speed to the workflow.
Audified also added Mono button desired by many users.
The upgrade is free for existing users. New users may check the 30 days trial version.

New version available for download now.
Audio research and solutions – Audified
Old 15th November 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Excellent news. Thanks for listening to the feature requests, Audified! MC lives on our 2-Bus
Old 2nd May 2017
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I've tested the plugin, it is very convenient, but for smartphones and laptops I usually simply broadcast the audiosignal from the mixing machine to a private stream on the internet and then listen to it while mixing on an actual Iphone, popular Android phone, Laptop, smart TV in the room etc. . This way you can make corrections to your mix in live mode just like when using the plug-in. For the headphones and "bad speaker" I just use the best-selling versions of each (it is pretty easy to filter on some popular online store for the speakers and headphones with most sales :P) Of course, Mixchecker can still be usefull for the car simulaton thing which is handy and for the convenience.
Old 4th May 2017
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Free Plugin Giveaway! Get pumped because Continuum has teamed up with Audified to hook one lucky random winner up with a copy of their vintage Fairchild/u73b compressor and vintage u78 saturator plugins!

For more info on the plugins, see videos of the plugins in action, and get the details on how to enter to win check out the details! Good luck everyone!

https://www.continuummusicstudio.com...away-audified/
Old 17th July 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Back on sale–people still using this? Alternatives?

Edit: believe I was mistaken about it being on sale...alternatives?
πŸ“ Reply