The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X
Old 23rd April 2016
Gear Maniac

TBProAudio: dEQ6 - 6 Band Dynamic Equalizer Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

TBProAudio announces dEQ6, a 6 band stereo/MS dynamic equalizer with high quality oversampling and accurate spectrum analyzer.

dEQ6 offers following features:
  • 6 independent filter + compressor/expander
  • 3 filter types, analogue design, minimal phase, zero delay
  • many comfort functions to setup multiple bands
  • stereo/MS processing
  • side chain support
  • sample rates up to 192 kHz
  • "real" over sampling, up to 4x
  • hi-res spectrum analyzer with 32k FFT, ISO R40 based
  • pre/post-EQ, average/live spectrum, stereo/left/right/mid/side
  • narrow-band sweeping mode
  • spectrum freeze mode
  • very easy alignment of filter response curve to audio spectrum
  • precise parameter input
  • large and easy to use GUI
  • interactive spectrum/EQ display
  • 64-bit internal processing
  • very efficient CPU usage design

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8, ProTools 10/12

Demo version available

Price: 59€
Old 23rd April 2016
Gear Nut

wow
look amazing
Old 23rd April 2016
Gear Maniac

Thanks. Just watch the video, dEQ is so easy to use (just 3 steps...)
Old 23rd April 2016
Here for the gear

I like the new gui design you are using now. This looks lovely me a good implementation of dynamic eq.
Old 23rd April 2016
Gear Addict

Wow looks very nice!! Can the ratio have negative settings and work as an expander?
Old 23rd April 2016
Lives for gear

amazing GUI
Old 24th April 2016
Lives for gear
I had a crash on Mac Mavericks Studio One Version 3.2.1 with the AU when changing sample rates. I'm using VST which seems fine. This has an interesting sound. I will be playing with the demo more to see how it works on different things.

Is this a different EQ than the gEQ12? Or is it essentially the gEQ12 with added compression for individual bands?
Old 24th April 2016
Lives for gear
Hey TBproAudio,

I just sent you guys a very important private message on gearslutz. I will also send it to your support. Please check those accounts.
Old 24th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Wow looks very nice!! Can the ratio have negative settings and work as an expander?
ratio cant be negative, but less 1. Then it works as an expander.
Old 24th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
I had a crash on Mac Mavericks Studio One Version 3.2.1 with the AU when changing sample rates. I'm using VST which seems fine. This has an interesting sound.
Thanks for reporting, we will check this.

Quote:
Is this a different EQ than the gEQ12? Or is it essentially the gEQ12 with added compression for individual bands?
dEQ6 uses the filter engine from gEQ12 and compressor from Impress, but with less wheels to turn
Old 24th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hey TBproAudio,

I just sent you guys a very important private message on gearslutz. I will also send it to your support. Please check those accounts.
Received it, thank you.
Old 25th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Update

Update to 1.1.0:
(Warning: Please remove and insert again all dEQ6 instances
from your projects as parameter count has changed!)
- Some bug fixes
- Mouse sensitivity adjusted
- Solo Band
- SideChain per Band
Old 26th April 2016
Lives for gear
This is a very good dynamic EQ. The sound is excellent. It is at least as good as the HOFA IQ-EQ, which so far has been my favorite plug-in of this type.

About half of the EQing I do is dynamic EQ. If you do a lot of dynamic EQ, you should definitely check this out. The GUI makes all the basic parameters instantly accessible, and the compression metering is very clear. So you can get the job done quicker than with most other dynamic EQs I've used.
Old 26th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Update

Update to 1.1.1:
- FFT size reduced to 16K, more responsive spectrum update
- Spectrum decay-time increased
Old 27th April 2016
Gear Addict

I can't comment on the sound yet, since I haven't fully tested it, but my initial impression is the interface looks really nice. Your products have really stepped up in that department recently. My only suggestions there would be to make it resizable since it might be a bit large for some tastes (and when using many instances). Also, showing the note name is a nice touch, but having an optionally viewable keyboard like DMG is the best way to go in my opinion as it makes choosing and snapping to notes a breeze (saves me a lot of time).

Oversampling is a great option too, but I personally always prefer separate online/offline options like Voxengo, Cytomic etc. since it can be off for real-time mixing (saving CPU), and higher for optimal quality while rendering without the need to turn it on and off on a bunch of instances.

Another idea might be to emulate a few different EQ curves from well known gear which could be fairly simple using something like Waves QClone and any of the countless plugin EQs that have already replicated those curves (Maag AIRband for high shelf, Pultec, Massive Passive etc.). The combination of some classic hardware EQ curves in a dynamic EQ might bring something new to the marketplace, as I can't think of plugins that have done that.
Old 27th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
I can't comment on the sound yet, since I haven't fully tested it, but my initial impression is the interface looks really nice. Your products have really stepped up in that department recently.
Thank you for the nice feedback!

Quote:
My only suggestions there would be to make it resizable since it might be a bit large for some tastes (and when using many instances). Also, showing the note name is a nice touch, but having an optionally viewable keyboard like DMG is the best way to go in my opinion as it makes choosing and snapping to notes a breeze (saves me a lot of time).
We look into this,thanks!

Quote:
Oversampling is a great option too, but I personally always prefer separate online/offline options like Voxengo, Cytomic etc. since it can be off for real-time mixing (saving CPU), and higher for optimal quality while rendering without the need to turn it on and off on a bunch of instances.
This is something for sure we will consider.

Quote:
Another idea might be to emulate a few different EQ curves from well known gear which would be fairly simple using something like Waves QClone and any of the countless plugin EQs that have already replicated those curves. The combination of some classic hardware EQ curves in a dynamic EQ might bring something new to the marketplace, as I can't think of plugins that have done that.
Well, we had the goal to create a good sounding dynamic filter which is very easy to use (workflow!). So we implemented a minimum set of options useful for most applications. Emulating classic HW is definitively not on our list, sorry,
Old 27th April 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Sometimes I like this feature. HOFA implements it effectively and there is not a huge difference between their x2 and x4 oversampling so it can work for them.

However, according to TBproaudio, their oversampling is "real" which probably means they are doing something slightly different. And with this EQ, there is a distinct change in sound and where an instrument "sits" between the three available sampling rates. So I think you'd get some unpleasant surprises if you used this technique a lot. You might have to re-evaluate after a render and then make adjustments and re-render. I've done that, and it can be quite tedious
Old 28th April 2016
Lives for gear
Hi guys,

The AU still occasionally crashes when changing the sample rate in Mac Mavericks Studio One 3.2.1.
Old 28th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hi guys,

The AU still occasionally crashes when changing the sample rate in Mac Mavericks Studio One 3.2.1.
Thank you for the report. Logic or Studio One?
Old 28th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio View Post
Thank you for the report. Logic or Studio One?
Works here: AU OSX 10.9, Studio One 2 2.6 and Logic 10.0.7
Old 28th April 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio View Post
Works here: AU OSX 10.9, Studio One 2 2.6 and Logic 10.0.7
I'm on Studio 3.2.1 as stated, which is a whole new version VST is fine, so I'm using that. The more I use it, the more I like the sound.
Old 28th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I'm on Studio 3.2.1 as stated,
Sorry, i overlooked this. OK, we will try this, thank you.
Old 3rd May 2016
Gear Maniac

Update to 1.1.2
- New global activate button
- New buttons: Grid/Pre-Filter curve On/Off
- Small GUI fixes
Old 9th May 2016
Wow this developer is very responsive and active with its customers I will be looking into this plugin line. This dynamic Eq gui is the best I have seen and I have a few of the normal suspects including new TDR nova Eq which is awesome. Congrats on new release TBProAudio
Old 9th May 2016
Gear Maniac

Thank you for this feedback!
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search