The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chris Lord Alge 'Audio Legends' Mix Course 1: Available Now
Old 11th February 2016
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Chris Lord Alge 'Audio Legends' Mix Course 1: Available Now

If you are like me, you’ve dreamed of being a fly on the wall when an Audio Legend like Chris Lord Alge creates one of his trademark mixes. You’d finally find out EXACTLY how he gets that massive sound. You’d find out his EQ technique, his compression technique, how he uses automation, how he processes his vocals, what effects he uses… ALL OF IT!

Well, I’m so happy to tell you that the day we’ve all be waiting for is here. With the new Audio Legends: Chris Lord Alge Mixing Course One, you can download an entire rock session in your own DAW format that is fully mixed by Chris Lord Alge with the Slate Everything Bundle. Then you can watch the course videos as Chris takes you through the entire session, going over each of his techniques. You can finally dissect exactly what processing CLA is doing to craft his signature tone!

And as a special introductory offer, we are discounting the course for the next thirty days, and you can even get an entire month of plugins for FREE and get a FREE if you don’t have one.

CLICK HERE TO GO TO CHRIS’ COURSE PAGE

At this point I doubt any mixing fan is still reading this, but if you are, I’m so thrilled about this new course and can’t wait for you to finally see some of Chris Lord Alge’s famous mix techniques. Happy Mixing!!

*Please note, if you already have the Slate Digital EVERYTHING BUNDLE, check your email for a special offer. If you don't see the offer, please check your "spam" mail after ensuring you receive emails from @Slatedigital.com and @stevenslate.com If the offer is not in your spam mail, contact support at
Slate Support | Slate Support

**Major New AUDIO LEGENDS Updates Since Launch**

- Added 50 Minute In Depth Walk-Through Video that Highlights CLA's Most Eye Opening Mix Techniques!

- Added 30 Minute Live Video of CLA Mixing the Song

- All DAW's Now Available

- Fixed Bugs in All DAW Sessions

- Updated Mixbuss Attenuation on with TRIMMER so you can now bypass FG-RED to hear the mixbuss compression tone bypassed while remaining level matched

NEW UPDATES MARCH 1st: We’ve been busy since the launch of the Audio Legends Chris Lord Alge Mix Course 1.

We now have all six major DAW sessions uploaded, and I have just done an in-depth 50 minute long video walkthrough where I highlight Chris Lord Alge’s most eye opening mix secrets, and it's getting rave reviews from Audio Legends members. Check out a preview of one of those mix secrets below, where I reveal how Chris uses Reverb in a specific way to make his vocals sound deep yet not overly wet:

The Chris Lord Alge Mix Course 1 is still available at the introductory sale price of only $97, which includes a FREE month of all the plugins used in the course.

=> http://www.audiolegends.com/courses

Cheers,
Steven

Last edited by Steven Slate; 29th February 2016 at 10:05 PM..
Old 11th February 2016
Lives for gear

Damn excited about this, amazing work Steve!
Old 12th February 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Damn excited about this, amazing work Steve!
Thanks man! I'm like a kid who just entered the toy factory with this one!! Nostalgic memories of listening to CLA mixes years ago thinking to myself (as I struggled to get better tones) "IF ONLY HE COULD JUST TELL ME WHAT THE HELL HE WAS DOING TO GET THIS SOUND!!!".

And now.... here it is. And the mix he did for the course is honestly one of my favorites by him. When the chorus kicks in the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

I've been using a lot of his techniques lately and loving the results.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 12th February 2016
Lives for gear

Way to go Steven. Congrats on what looks like another amazing release!
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Addict

Can you list pricing info here. I can't seem to get to the webpage. I've tried a few times. I'll probably just wait a few days to check it out.
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emfrank72 View Post
Can you list pricing info here. I can't seem to get to the webpage.
+1
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Addict

+2
Old 12th February 2016

Try again, just loaded here. Took about 30 seconds though since our servers are getting pummeled.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Nut
Great! Congrats, Steven! Looks like the Studio One version isn't live yet, so I'm gonna hold off until I can get the project for that. Hopefully it'll land before the the special offer for Everything Bundle users ends. But great work!
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Addict

The link from my email always comes up blank after several minutes of trying. Not a big deal. I got a busy weekend ahead and won't have a chance to look at it until early next week anyway. Do I have to use link from email to take advantage of coupon?
Old 12th February 2016
Lives for gear

Jeez.
This is the most exciting and sickest audio educational thing ever. Blows everything else away. this is truly the best educational mass available thing ever released in the history of anything like this as it comes to rock mixing (just not to leave out the fact that there are other superstar mixers)

Pensado's place is awesome, and probably the hallmark and apex of the internet age education for audio production especially considering that it's free and it invaluable but this takes it one step further into like a whole new realm.

$97 is insanely fair considering you own it and you get all the session downloads and the fact that you get to SEE EXACTLY what he's doing so it can coincide with the actual process and what he's saying. Compared to other more "subscription based" services this is simply the beesneez!!!!

Kudos to you guys I will be getting this tonight and I really hope that other mixers can follow in making these videos.

I'm putting it on the table that simply based on the law of supply and demand if somehow you guys get Serban I'll throw down triple the money to see that.
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by emfrank72 View Post
The link from my email always comes up blank after several minutes of trying. Not a big deal. I got a busy weekend ahead and won't have a chance to look at it until early next week anyway. Do I have to use link from email to take advantage of coupon?
same here....website not loading.

Not a big deal. We're all patient here, right?

Excited to check this out. Good luck with it, Steven.
Old 12th February 2016
Lives for gear

Prices
Attached Thumbnails
Chris Lord Alge 'Audio Legends' Mix Course 1: Available Now-image.jpg   Chris Lord Alge 'Audio Legends' Mix Course 1: Available Now-image.jpg   Chris Lord Alge 'Audio Legends' Mix Course 1: Available Now-image.jpg  
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Addict
I assume the Slate plugs are required for the sessions to work? I'd actually be interested in the videos but wouldn't necessarily want or need the sessions. Will that be an option at any time?
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Addict

congrats on getting this up, sure it'll be a big hit for you

Been pretty excited about this, even as someone who's already signed up for MWTM. It's a great concept, perfect price and right on the pulse of where things are atm.

Having checked the teaser video and the final mix, my enthusiasm to buy it dropped somewhat. I way prefer the MWTM format of watching them work in realtime - someone talking through the session afterwards isn't the same as seeing someone's reactions to how something sounds (as well as the right and wrong turns they make on the way there). I believe the Joe Barresi videos suffered from this too.....

I'll probably end up buying out of curiosity, but slightly disappointed that it seems retrospective. It'd also be nice if you could make it slightly more obvious where I can GET THE COURSE! on your page too.

(all in jest, I own almost every single plugin and am also an everything subscriber. Just some criticisms to potentially help make things appeal to me more in future)
Old 12th February 2016

If you watch Chris actually mix, there is no way for Chris to do a tutorial in realtime because he is in such a "zone" that there is no interrupting. He mixes fast and intuitively like a machine, no lie!

With Audio Legends, the videos are great to get inside his head but the real power is having the premixed session in front of you. When I got it the first thing I did was dissect EVERYTHING... it was really eye opening.

Sorry again about the servers.. with every release we add more power and are assured that it will be plenty. It never is.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 12th February 2016
Lives for gear

The servers must be taking a serious pasting Steven, I'm unable to get on the site at all. Just goes to show how much people were anticipating this though, exciting times!

Cheers, Mark.
Old 12th February 2016
Lives for gear
Steve i love the slate plugins been using them about 2 months im very glad about them. trying to get on the servers does not seem to be working now
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Nut

Hey @Steven Slate

Congratulations on this awesome package.

How soon can we expect the Sonar session? Hopefully within the intro price grace period.

Have you heard of/ seen this software?

AATranslator - Home Page

It could potentially make session conversion between DAWs easier for your team in the future.
Old 12th February 2016
Wow. Don't think I've ever seen the release of an audio course/plugin/tutorial/anything bring down a site. Slate breaking new ground in more ways than one. Hype for this must've been unreal.
Old 12th February 2016

Servers are taking a beating for sure.. Just tried to load the page and got it in about 30 seconds. My IT guys are working on making things faster. They are telling me this will break the previous server load record

Keeping trying guys, the early reviews so far from guys who have the Course are already stellar!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 12th February 2016
Old 12th February 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
If you watch Chris actually mix, there is no way for Chris to do a tutorial in realtime because he is in such a "zone" that there is no interrupting. He mixes fast and intuitively like a machine, no lie!

With Audio Legends, the videos are great to get inside his head but the real power is having the premixed session in front of you. When I got it the first thing I did was dissect EVERYTHING... it was really eye opening.

Sorry again about the servers.. with every release we add more power and are assured that it will be plenty. It never is.

Cheers,
Steven

Thanks Steven!
I'm super excited about this - can't wait to download it.
I do understand where machinated is coming from.
if that is indeed the way he mixes and it wouldn't work to have him give instruction, I have to admit - I'd pay for, maybe even extra for in addition, just a 3hour LongPlay screen recording from the raven of his entire session - even if audio is just from the output of the computer. Would be cool to see what "in the zone" and "like a machine" looks like.

but no complaints here - I'm buying as soon as i can connect to the website!
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
The MWTM videos show as he's going for the most part - seeing his confidence and speed as he works to me was a huge eye opener. Not least how he splits his time up, what he prioritises, the order of work, what he's focusing on at any given point. I really think seeing his approach to how he works (fast, confident, bold) is a huge reason why his mixes sound the way they do - it's almost a reflection of his personality which is a tremendous thing to get across in a mix.

I'm sure there's more than the asking price's worth of value in the videos and session but what most interests me is how and why he made those decisions than any real specifics. The specifics are pretty much as you'd expect, or as you'd find in any interview or online for the most part. The stuff I mentioned above interests me WAY more than what plugin chain he used on a mix. Seeing the sessions would cover that enough for me, I'm mostly interested in how he reached those decisions and the path that led him there.

Sure I'll pick it up eventually anyway, and I'm sure I'll get my money's worth for what it is, so it's not a knock - just my initial thoughts from what I've seen at the launch!
Old 12th February 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
Quote:

Cheers,
Steven

Thanks Steven!
I'm super excited about this - can't wait to download it.
I do understand where machinated is coming from.
if that is indeed the way he mixes and it wouldn't work to have him give instruction, I have to admit - I'd pay for, maybe even extra for in addition, just a 3hour LongPlay screen recording from the raven of his entire session - even if audio is just from the output of the computer. Would be cool to see what "in the zone" and "like a machine" looks like.

but no complaints here - I'm buying as soon as i can connect to the website!
Old 12th February 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannymac View Post
Hey @Steven Slate

Congratulations on this awesome package.

How soon can we expect the Sonar session? Hopefully within the intro price grace period.

Have you heard of/ seen this software?

AATranslator - Home Page

It could potentially make session conversion between DAWs easier for your team in the future.
Hi Manny! We did take a look at that but we ended up doing it manually. Sonar should be done by next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samzilla View Post
Wow. Don't think I've ever seen the release of an audio course/plugin/tutorial/anything bring down a site. Slate breaking new ground in more ways than one. Hype for this must've been unreal.
This is kind of crazy indeed. We just added a bunch of cloud server juice and it's still been brought to a crawl. But if you are patient, it is loading after a little wait.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 12th February 2016
Lives for gear

Purchased, great price for Everything bundle subscribers too.

I have work to do before watching this…

Not going to happen
Old 12th February 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hi Manny! We did take a look at that but we ended up doing it manually. Sonar should be done by next week.
Awesome

If you and your team keep innovating at this rate you will end up in the hall of fame with Rupert Neve.

This concept is so brilliant, why has nobody ever thought of this before?

Thanks for bringing your team and passion to this industry
Old 12th February 2016

Rebooted our servers, now it's loading much faster.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 12th February 2016
Lives for gear

Oh wait he doesn't do it in real time? That's a huge bummer. I semi take back what I said before. So basically it's good but not the most amazing thing ever. Still gonna get it. But I'd like to see him actually do it in real time and talk at the same time or at least see him do it and then talk about it and you still see the settings. That was my knock on other videos like the phil tan or the mwtm ot the baresi. It's a "speed" version of them just doign stuff without too much detail and you don't see exactly what it is but at least you see the condensed version of them working in real time but with hardly any important philosophical talk about why they're doign hat they're doing or specifically what they're doing just "ok let me work on the kick. [twist, twist, twist] ok sounds better"

With this, I may have misunderstood but it seemed to be marketed as a step by step no compromise tutorial where you watch him mix and since it's ITB you see exactly what he's doing and you also get the session to check it out yourself.

But now.... it's different.

So it's cool that you get the session and you see what he did and he explains it but I'd like to see him do it in real time as well even if he works fast and then explain it too.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search