The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TBProAudio releases LA xLimit II - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X
Old 9th February 2016
Gear Maniac

Software TBProAudio releases LA xLimit II - Enhanced Limiter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

TBProAudio releases LA xLimit II, an advanced look ahead, wideband, linked-stereo limiter including ISP detection and oversampling. The goal of the design was to cover a broad range of limiting applications in today's mixing and mastering situations with strong focus on low aliasing.

LA xLimit II offers following features:
  • state of the art low aliasing look ahead limiter design
  • [New] freely adjustable character
  • [New] detailed transient control
  • [New] freely adjustable adaptive release curves
  • 2 level detection modes: peak and ISP based on ITU 1770
  • "real" oversampling, up to 8x
  • stereo link
  • [New] 2 stage design for better performance in ISP mode
  • built-in clipper
  • easy to use GUI
  • large and accurate live meters
  • all sample rates
  • free for registered LA xLimit users
  • demo version available

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8, PT10/12, FL Studio 12.x, Studio One

Price: 99€
Old 9th February 2016
Gear Maniac

I am impressed.

This can sound very transparent, like Limitless or Pro-L in Dynamic mode, and has a very low CPU consumption. I like it much more than the previous version. Well done.
Old 9th February 2016
Gear Maniac

Thank you.
During the last 6 month the market for limiters got a serious push, so we decided not to stay behind.
And still care for CPU consumption.
Old 9th February 2016
Lives for gear
Is this an update for owners of the original LA xLimit? If it's not an update, can owners of the original get a discount? I don't see anything like this on the website.
Old 9th February 2016
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
Is this an update for owners of the original LA xLimit? If it's not an update, can owners of the original get a discount? I don't see anything like this on the website.
he clearly says it's free for version 1 owners in the first post, in bold and all.
Old 9th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Free update for us!
Old 9th February 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
he clearly says it's free for version 1 owners in the first post, in bold and all.
Yup I guess I'll be checking it out.
Old 10th February 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchhare View Post
Free update for us!
Hi marchhare. From previous posts, it seems like you and I are on the same page with wanting the most transparent limiter possible. I thought Limitless was very good but Elixir beat it out by a nose in this regard. My first impressions of LA xLimiter II is that it is even more transparent than Elixir. It's very "solid" in the 8x oversampling setting. So far, I prefer the Adaptive Release to be off.

I agree with Lesha's post.

Some issues I found so far: In Studio One Mac AU changing oversampling crashes Studio One. The VST works fine so far but the ISP detection setting results in a massive increase of CPU consumption above the Peak setting.

Although LA xLimiter II doesn't have all the options that Limitless has, I think this new version is a strong contender for best-sounding current limiter.
Old 10th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi marchhare. From previous posts, it seems like you and I are on the same page with wanting the most transparent limiter possible. I thought Limitless was very good but Elixir beat it out by a nose in this regard. My first impressions of LA xLimiter II is that it is even more transparent than Elixir. It's very "solid" in the 8x oversampling setting. So far, I prefer the Adaptive Release to be off.

Some issues I found so far: In Studio One Mac AU changing oversampling crashes Studio One. The VST works fine so far but the ISP detection setting results in a massive increase of CPU consumption above the Peak setting.

Although LA xLimiter II doesn't have all the options that Limitless has, I think this new version is a strong contender for best-sounding current limiter.
MarsBot,

I've only played with LA xLimter II for a few minutes, but I'm leaning towards Limitless at the moment, gonna test more tonight. First impression was I really liked it. I tried the first version of Elixir and wasn't crazy about it, it pumped and got mushy pretty easily, but I never tried the upgraded version of it because they stopped making RTAS.
Old 10th February 2016
Gear Maniac

Software

Quote:
LA xLimit II is free for existing LA xLimit users.
Old 10th February 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
My first impressions of LA xLimiter II is that it is even more transparent than Elixir. It's very "solid" in the 8x oversampling setting. So far, I prefer the Adaptive Release to be off.

Thanks for this feedback.

Quote:
Some issues I found so far: In Studio One Mac AU changing oversampling crashes Studio One.
We will check this, thanks for the report.

Quote:
The VST works fine so far but the ISP detection setting results in a massive increase of CPU consumption above the Peak setting.
ISP detection is based on ITU 1770 which means add. 4 x oversampling and filtering of input stream. So 8x oversampling + ISP uses much more CPU.
Old 10th February 2016
Lives for gear

Really like this new version after playing with it last night. The transient knob is a great addition. Great job!
Old 11th February 2016
Gear Maniac

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchhare View Post
Really like this new version after playing with it last night. The transient knob is a great addition. Great job!
Thank you,
Old 11th February 2016
Gear Maniac

Update to V1.1:
- ISP crash fixed
- latency reduced for non-OS modes
- meter ballistics changed
Old 13th February 2016
Gear Addict

Fantastic limiter! Great work on the update, i really liked the first version, but this is even better.
On some projects this really smokes the other ones.
Old 13th February 2016
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the nice feedback.
Old 8th May 2016
This has become my favourite limiter. I don't do heavy limiting . I just do enough to cut the loudest peaks .
Ive tried out almost all the major limiter plugins out there. LA XLIMIT 2 has a 'nice something' in it . I can easily go 3 db gain an the track still sounds smooth without losing dynamics. Great job TB PRO AUDIO
Old 9th May 2016
Gear Maniac

Thank you very much!
Old 16th August 2016
Gear Maniac

Update to V1.2.0
- GUI Refresh
- TP measurement: CPU usage reduced
- Plugin delay reduced for 2xOS
Old 27th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Update to V1.2.1:
- Small code optimizations
- Crackles reduced during parameter change
Old 24th October 2016
Lives for gear

Wonderful updates! Great job!
Old 24th October 2016
Gear Maniac

Thank you
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search