The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AudioThing releases Latin Percussion - Drum Machine
Old 1st February 2016
Lives for gear

AudioThing releases Latin Percussion - Drum Machine

Latin Percussion is a sample-based plugin emulation of the Sound Master Latin Percussion, a rare analog drum machine from the 80s.
The instrument features 6 classic latin sounds: Bass, Low Conga, High Conga, Bongo, Claves, and Maracas, which can be pitched, panned or mixed independently. You can additionally shape the sound with the Overdrive and Reverb.
The sequencer lets you easily build patterns that can be dragged and dropped to your DAW/host.

Specifications
  • - Intro Price: $30 / €30 (full $39 / €39)
    - 6 classic latin sounds
    - 20 Factory Presets / 9 Factory Patterns
    - Overdrive and Reverb Effects
    - Sequencer with MIDI Drag to DAW
    - Preset system with randomizer
    - Formats: VST, AU, and AAX (32/64bit)
    - Platforms: OSX, Windows

Video Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlwr1Znz5fg

Video Overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bTnPPlao7E

SoundCloud Demo: https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/sets/latin-percussion

Product Page: Latin Percussion | AudioThing

Last edited by audiothing; 10th February 2016 at 11:47 PM..
Old 3rd February 2016
Lives for gear

We've just fixed the link to the PDF manual in the product page.
We are also working on new audio demos and a video walkthrough, stay tuned
Old 3rd February 2016
Thanks Audiothing for that fun little latin tool. Very fun to play with the random feature in the sequencer. Always results in cool groovey latin rhythms. Love it, although its field of application is not very wide, at least not for me. Nevertheless, it's a must buy

Please add multi-out to this one. That would improve the sound possibilities a lot.
Old 3rd February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmedia View Post
Thanks Audiothing for that fun little latin tool. Very fun to play with the random feature in the sequencer. Always results in cool groovey latin rhythms. Love it, although its field of application is not very wide, at least not for me. Nevertheless, it's a must buy

Please add multi-out to this one. That would improve the sound possibilities a lot.
Thanks! Yes, multi-out is already on the todo list for a future update. I'm also waiting for more feedback and suggestions
Old 3rd February 2016
Lives for gear

Nice idea- even though the sounds are absolutely, positively, 'guaranteedly' NOT latin. Congas, bongos, bass drums do not sound like that at all.
Old 3rd February 2016
Lives for gear

Is it possible to load your own samples?
Old 3rd February 2016
Lives for gear

I haven't had the time to try the demo yet.
I can't see a control for selecting BPM ??

Is there one or does it automatically sync to the BPM of your DAW ?
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvin00 View Post
Nice idea- even though the sounds are absolutely, positively, 'guaranteedly' NOT latin. Congas, bongos, bass drums do not sound like that at all.
Well, of course not it's a sample-based version of an analog drum machine from the 80s which tried to emulate those sounds.
This is the hardware we sampled/emulated:
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
Is it possible to load your own samples?
Unfortunately not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
I haven't had the time to try the demo yet.
I can't see a control for selecting BPM ??

Is there one or does it automatically sync to the BPM of your DAW ?
There will be no demo for this instrument (like Hand Clapper). We decided to have this policy with plugins like these (drum modules, drum machines...).
Anyway, yes, it automatically syncs to the BPM of the host/DAW you are using. You can change the tempo ratio though (1/4, 1/8, 1/8T etc..).
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hahaha... you mean like the TR909 doesn't sound like a real drum
lol...I mean like the TR909 is not advertised as a real drum
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

can't wait to try! gorgeous GUI...my cup of tea! hope you come up with more drum computer plugins
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
But you don't say Latin Percussion is advertised as real latin percussions
...as long as people don't notice they are not getting anything remotely close to what is being advertised......maybe the same product can be painted green and re-released as "Indian Percussion"...lol
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
...as long as people don't notice they are not getting anything remotely close to what is being advertised......maybe the same product can be painted green and re-released as "Indian Percussion"...lol
wtf stop complaining. the dev is refering to the original hardware labelled as latin percussion. it looks like a nice and fun to use product and as someone mentioned earlier, a 909 (or 808 or 505) doesn't sound like real drums either but they're great. i haven't tried it yet but it looks inviting.
Old 5th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
can't wait to try! gorgeous GUI...my cup of tea! hope you come up with more drum computer plugins
Thank you! We do have more coming! If you want to have a look at some of the drum machine we recently got, visit our instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/audiothing/

Quote:
Maybe I should have put "The instrument features 6 classic electronic latin sounds"?
I think that the description is quite clear, it's an emulation of an old hardware from the 80s, advertised as Latin Percussion. I don't really think anyone would get confused...
Old 5th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Maybe I should have put "The instrument features 6 classic electronic latin sounds"?
I think that the description is quite clear, it's an emulation of an old hardware from the 80s, advertised as Latin Percussion. I don't really think anyone would get confused...
The quoted post was directed at another forum member who had written his own opinion of my initial post. No biggie there...
Old 5th February 2016
Lives for gear

It always astounds me how easily this site can turn negative about the dumbest stuff.

- c
Old 5th February 2016
I think my jokes went the wrong way... will delete them

"Latin Percussion", the product, the plugin discussed here, not any kind of expected real world acoustic percussion that are related to the very wide genre "latin", is a great sounding plugin (as already stated by me above)
Old 5th February 2016
Gear Addict

never heard of the hw, gonna buy soon methinks - the sw that is
Old 5th February 2016
Sounds great! Reminds me of "A Last request" by George Michael:

Old 5th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by man in the house View Post
never heard of the hw, gonna buy soon methinks - the sw that is
Yes, it's quite rare, I was lucky to get it on eBay and I just fell in love with it.
The most famous from Sound Master was the SR88 (there were several versions).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_After View Post
Sounds great! Reminds me of "A Last request" by George Michael:

Cool! Similar "lofi" sounds.
Old 6th February 2016
Lives for gear

We've uploaded a new audio track by Mathias Brüssel, Latin Percussion and detuned guitars: https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/la...ar-experiments

More coming soon!
Old 10th February 2016
Gear Maniac

What a nice machine! Never heard of it but it reminds me of the old Korg Minipops.
How long is the intro price running?
Old 10th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsang View Post
What a nice machine! Never heard of it but it reminds me of the old Korg Minipops.
How long is the intro price running?
Yes, the sounds are similar, hopefully I'll get my hands on one of the Korg as well
The intro price ends February 15th.
Old 10th February 2016
Lives for gear

We've just added a video overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bTnPPlao7E
Old 11th February 2016
Gear Addict

****, really want the hw now.
how much did you pay?
Old 11th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
how much did you pay?
Eheh, I probably paid around €300-350. It's quite rare, I've only seen 2 units on eBay so far.
Old 11th February 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
how much did you pay?
I would think this is probably better than the hardware box, due to the randomisation features alone.

I've been having a great time with this great wee plugin. I wish there were more devs making quite specific products like this. Maybe this is part of the attraction of hardware. The Hand Clapper is a good idea too.

I tend to use my daw as a mixer (even for my hardware) and am sick of inserting a drum machine plugin like Tremor on a channel just to only use one snare from it. It ties up way too many resources. This takes up hardly any cpu and is real easy to use.

Really like the sequencer on this. Its brilliant for coming up with ideas quickly. Good that you can drag out to the daw for expanding the sequence.

I noticed that the sequencer gradually drifts out of time with Ableton, OSX Yosemite. And it crashed ableton when I tried to duplicate the channel it is on.
Old 11th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndade View Post
I would think this is probably better than the hardware box, due to the randomisation features alone.

I've been having a great time with this great wee plugin. I wish there were more devs making quite specific products like this. Maybe this is part of the attraction of hardware. The Hand Clapper is a good idea too.

I tend to use my daw as a mixer (even for my hardware) and am sick of inserting a drum machine plugin like Tremor on a channel just to only use one snare from it. It ties up way too many resources. This takes up hardly any cpu and is real easy to use.

Really like the sequencer on this. Its brilliant for coming up with ideas quickly. Good that you can drag out to the daw for expanding the sequence.

I noticed that the sequencer gradually drifts out of time with Ableton, OSX Yosemite. And it crashed ableton when I tried to duplicate the channel it is on.
Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

I've just tried again on my MacBook with Yosemite and Live 9, the sequencer seems stable and no crash when I duplicate the channel (even if the sequencer is playing). Are you using other effects on that channel? Or are you doing anything in particular that I might try as well? Thanks.
Old 11th February 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

I've just tried again on my MacBook with Yosemite and Live 9, the sequencer seems stable and no crash when I duplicate the channel (even if the sequencer is playing). Are you using other effects on that channel? Or are you doing anything in particular that I might try as well? Thanks.
Weird, I just opened the same project and there is no funny business at all. Neither glitch happened. I also tried it out on a brand new project and its all good there too.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search