The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia announces iLoud Micro Monitor - the smallest studio reference monitor
Old 21st January 2016
Lives for gear

IK Multimedia announces iLoud Micro Monitor - the smallest studio reference monitor

iLoud Micro Monitor - the smallest studio reference monitor in the world

Hear the truth in your music everywhere you go!

Hear the truth in your music anytime and everywhere with the new iLoud Micro Monitor - the smallest active studio reference monitoring system in the world! The latest addition to IK’s iLoud range of portable monitoring solutions, iLoud Micro Monitor is a serious and reliable sonic tool that provides high-quality sound in a small enclosure at a price that everyone can afford.

iLoud Micro Monitor comes with two bi-amplified speakers that deliver an expansive stereo image, and ultra-accurate true linear frequency response, superior bass and plenty of power in a truly portable package. iLoud Micro Monitor is able to deliver stunningly clear and accurate audio thanks to its impressive technical specifications and smart design. Its two speakers are powered by four ultra-efficient class D power amplifiers that push a combined 50 W RMS of power. Each speaker sports a ¾” silk dome tweeter, a 3” paper cone performance woofer and a large flaring front-firing bass reflex port. Its sound is characterized by pleasing high frequencies, an exceptionally “open” midrange and a solid, controlled low end.

iLoud Micro Monitor provides a flat and linear speaker response in any listening environment. It’s able to do this thanks to its onboard 56-bit digital signal processor (DSP). This DSP handles the frequency and phase response of the monitor and also manages the dynamic range so that the drivers are always controlled. It also acts as a digital crossover allows for invisibly smooth transitions between the drivers themselves. This DSP can be adjusted to suit different listening environments thanks to three EQ switches: One for treble, one for bass and a “DESKTOP” toggle that lets users optimize iLoud Micro Monitor for use in either a free field or desktop setup. iLoud Micro Monitor can also be physically positioned at two angles of inclination.

iLoud Micro Monitor can also be used with a variety of audio input options. It accepts both RCA and 1/8" wired connections and can also be paired for Bluetooth streaming with all Bluetooth audio streaming-enabled device. With its portability and comprehensive input options, iLoud Micro Monitor is able to provide ultra-linear sound no matter whether they’re mixing in a small makeshift recording space, mastering in a hotel room, producing in a larger studio or just listening at home.

Pricing and availability

iLoud Micro Monitor will be available early Q2 2016 from music and electronics retailers worldwide, and from the IK online store, for only $/€299.99 per pair (excluding taxes).

More Resources:
Read the Full Press Release
Old 21st January 2016
Gear Maniac

Specs state: "45Hz bass extension"

Do you know the +/- dB for this Peter?
Old 24th January 2016
Gear Nut

I like the idea of a devoted travelling speaker! I always had different solutions for travel work that i was never completley happy with, either still to big/heavy for the lugagge ( cms40) or not serious enough in terms of sound (klipsch media). If these are not voiced as a better pc speaker, trying to hard to sound bigger than they are, but aim for a good clear midrange these could be very helpful. Whats the weight of these? The power input look like for a wall wart, so there will be one wallwart per speaker? How heavy/ big will those be?
I like the bluetooth option, will it be possible to use the inputs at the same time? Like phone over bluetooth while using the analog ins with the computer?
Old 24th January 2016
Lives for gear

Would have preferred xlr input instead of rca.
Old 24th January 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I think the bluetooth is a good thing as most devices have it. as there anyway is a conversion happening inside the speaker for the digital stuff, its nice to be able to save the one DA of the computer or the interface or the phone. But for connectivity as a second reference speaker xlr or jack might have been preferable.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

We have posted this chart recently:
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Take a look at the genelecs 8010.. probably smaller and better built than the UK a stuff... has xlr in too
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

...at twice the price and not providing twice the sound quality. Our build quality is excellent, too. These are built well, and sound incredible. Can't wait for you to hear them.
Old 29th July 2016
Lives for gear

You can now preorder iLoud Micro Monitor

Old 31st August 2016
Lives for gear

Old 1st September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post

"Hight End Sound... Without the High End Connectors"

Looks pretty cool and a nice price, but then I'd still probably want a balance box and adaptors to connect to my Dangerous Monitor ST, which is an additional expense.

At that point, the price gap decreases somewhat with the Genelec 8010A, which have balanced XLR inputs.

Nice product though. I'm sure the kids will love it, and people who have a use for the Bluetooth feature.

Also, "smallest" I guess is a matter of definition. I see the Genelec 8010A monitors are actually narrower than the iLoud.

I guess that means that the iLouds sound "phatter".
Old 1st September 2016
Lives for gear

When you hear them you'll likely think they sound better, don't care much about "phatter"
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

Any reviews out about this yet? Early beta adopters, etc. ?
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by retractablezing View Post
Any reviews out about this yet? Early beta adopters, etc. ?

https://ask.audio/articles/review-ik...ia-iloud-micro
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks very much Peter.
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks very much Peter.
You're very welcome! Oh, I forgot to mention that Rik Simpson (Producer, Coldplay) really likes them too:
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

I've put up an order on Thomann to try them out, can't wait to hear them. Now if only you guys would update Sampletron to 64 bits (to avoid the Sampletank SE workaround) and model a MEQ-5 do add to my TRacks EQP-1A, i'd be an even happier costumer.
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've put up an order on Thomann to try them out, can't wait to hear them. Now if only you guys would update Sampletron to 64 bits (to avoid the Sampletank SE workaround) and model a MEQ-5 do add to my TRacks EQP-1A, i'd be an even happier costumer.
You can import SampleTron into SampleTank 3 Custom Shop (the free version) now.
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
You can import SampleTron into SampleTank 3 Custom Shop (the free version) now.
Right, that's what i've been doing, wish Sampletron would get a real revamp, though. Any plans for a midrange Pultec or a spring reverb in the near future?
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Right, that's what i've been doing, wish Sampletron would get a real revamp, though. Any plans for a midrange Pultec or a spring reverb in the near future?
I'm not sure what a full revamp would do, as we'd have it run inside SampleTank 3 as it currently does and since 'Tron sounds are originally taped sounds there isn't the same kind of finesse we could put on those sounds like we did with some of the Miroslav Philharmonik sounds (combining articulations into keyswitched instruments, etc) so I'm not sure that would be something on the table.

As for the other gear you ask about, even if I knew I couldn't say
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not sure what a full revamp would do, as we'd have it run inside SampleTank 3 as it currently does and since 'Tron sounds are originally taped sounds there isn't the same kind of finesse we could put on those sounds like we did with some of the Miroslav Philharmonik sounds (combining articulations into keyswitched instruments, etc) so I'm not sure that would be something on the table.

As for the other gear you ask about, even if I knew I couldn't say
Fair enough cheers for the explanation.
Old 10th September 2016
Lives for gear

I may pick a pair of these up to try out. Still wish you had used xlr, or even an xlr breakout cable instead of rca.
Old 12th October 2016
Here for the gear

I got these a few days ago and I really like them.

They really sound flat as promised and are generally very nice to listen to. Mixing on these is better than on my previous bigger more expensive speakers which really were too loud for making music at night in an apartment building.

Stereo separation isn't that special. If something is wide it sounds wide but I can't really say I can hear the exact placement of instruments. Didn't expect miracles though, so I'm happy and got what I wanted.

Only problem I encountered, is that the cable from speaker to speaker has some kind of contact problem since the highs might disappear from the slave speaker. When I press the connector lightly downwards the highs come back. I put the cable other way around and the problem still existed in the slave speaker, but the now I had to press the connector behind the master speaker. So the problem is the cable and not the speakers.. I tightened it up with a cable tie and the problem disappeared. Are these cables sold separately so I could just replace it without sending the whole package back to Thomann?

Btw, I think these sound even better when they're connected to mic stands and not directly on a surface.

Peter, any chance IK would make a small iLoud sub?
Old 12th October 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourpadre View Post
I got these a few days ago and I really like them.

They really sound flat as promised and are generally very nice to listen to. Mixing on these is better than on my previous bigger more expensive speakers which really were too loud for making music at night in an apartment building.

Stereo separation isn't that special. If something is wide it sounds wide but I can't really say I can hear the exact placement of instruments. Didn't expect miracles though, so I'm happy and got what I wanted.

Only problem I encountered, is that the cable from speaker to speaker has some kind of contact problem since the highs might disappear from the slave speaker. When I press the connector lightly downwards the highs come back. I put the cable other way around and the problem still existed in the slave speaker, but the now I had to press the connector behind the master speaker. So the problem is the cable and not the speakers.. I tightened it up with a cable tie and the problem disappeared. Are these cables sold separately so I could just replace it without sending the whole package back to Thomann?

Btw, I think these sound even better when they're connected to mic stands and not directly on a surface.

Peter, any chance IK would make a small iLoud sub?
First, I'm glad you are happy with iLoud Micro Monitor. We've had some great response to the units that are out in the wild.

That said, sorry to hear you are having issues. Please PM your contact information to me and I will have someone from IK assist you.

Thanks!
Old 27th October 2016
News Desk Editor

IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor - Now Shipping

IK Multimedia announces iLoud Micro Monitor - the smallest studio reference monitor-unnamed-3.jpg

iLoud Micro Monitor - the ultra-compact reference studio monitors that give musicians, producers and engineers ultra-accurate linear frequency response, best-in-class bass and the smallest footprint making them ideal for mixing and mastering everywhere

IK Multimedia is pleased to announce that iLoud® Micro Monitor, the smallest active studio reference monitoring system in the world, is now available and shipping worldwide. With an ultra-linear frequency response, best-in-class bass (down to 55Hz @ -3db), the smallest footprint and incredibly detailed sound, iLoud Micro Monitor is the perfect reference monitoring system for tight studio spaces that delivers high-end sound without the high-end price.

With iLoud Micro Monitor, musicians, producers, video editors and sound designers now have a way to critically listen to their music and audio no matter where they're working - in a bedroom studio space, hotel room, tour bus, a larger studio as a second set of monitors, or just streaming music and listening at home.

Powerful detailed sound
iLoud Micro Monitor delivers amazingly detailed, clear and accurate audio in a compact, efficient and portable enclosure. They are able to do this in conjunction with the DSP-controlled frequency response, ultra-accurate and time aligned crossover and smart design - the drivers are powered by four ultra-efficient class D power amplifiers that push out a combined 50W RMS of power. Each speaker sports a 3/4" silk dome tweeter, a 3" custom composite material performance woofer and a large flaring front-firing bass reflex port. iLoud Micro Monitor's sound is characterized by pleasing high frequencies, an exceptionally "open" detailed midrange and a solid, controlled low end.

Total DSP control
iLoud Micro Monitor provides a flat and linear speaker response in any listening environment thanks to its on-board 56-bit digital signal processor (DSP). The DSP handles the frequency and phase response of the monitors and also manages the dynamic range so that the drivers are always under control. The DSP also acts as a digital crossover allowing for invisibly smooth transitions between the drivers themselves. This DSP can be adjusted to suit different listening environments thanks to three EQ switches: One for treble, one for bass and a DESKTOP toggle that lets users optimize iLoud Micro Monitor for use in either a free field or desktop setup. iLoud Micro Monitor can be positioned on a desktop at two angles of inclination with their dual-position isolation bases, or in free-field positioning on standard microphone stands thanks to their integrated threaded mic stand mounts (UNC 3/8"-16 thread).

The "Super-nearfield" monitoring system
iLoud Micro Monitor is designed so that the sweet spot is at the ideal location when users are creating, producing, mixing or listening to music. And because the sweet spot is closer to the speakers, users are able to monitor the audio without the unwanted effect of room reflections that can colour the sound, thus presenting the most accurate sound in a small space.

Input options
iLoud Micro Monitor accepts both RCA (cable included) and 1/8" wired connections and can also be paired for Bluetooth streaming with all Bluetooth audio streaming-enabled devices.

The bottom line
iLoud Micro Monitor delivers stunningly accurate and detailed sound for mixing in any space - from cramped bedrooms to large studios - without the compromises in sonic quality normally associated with small and budget monitors. Simply put, iLoud Micro Monitor's sound is so good that it's nearly inconceivable for a speaker system of this size and at this price point.

Pricing and availability
iLoud Micro Monitor is now available and shipping from music and electronics retailers worldwide, and from the IK online store for only $/€299.99 per pair (excluding taxes).

For more information, please visit IK Multimedia | iLoud Micro Monitor — ultra-compact, high quality reference studio monitors

For detailed videos on how iLoud Micro Monitor provides ultra-accurate sound in small studio space, please visit IK Multimedia | iLoud Micro Monitor — ultra-compact, high quality reference studio monitors
Attached Thumbnails
IK Multimedia announces iLoud Micro Monitor - the smallest studio reference monitor-unnamed-3.jpg  
Old 28th October 2016
Lives for gear

This looks like the "Bedroom Producer's" dream come true. It's obviously aimed at the growing market of amateurs-with-a-Mac-and-some-plugins in an acoustically impossible room. I might get a pair to act as the equivalent of the old standby Auratones.
Old 28th October 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
This looks like the "Bedroom Producer's" dream come true. It's obviously aimed at the growing market of amateurs-with-a-Mac-and-some-plugins in an acoustically impossible room. I might get a pair to act as the equivalent of the old standby Auratones.
It certainly is a dream come true for those in smaller spaces, we elaborate in detail with the reasons why at IK Multimedia | iLoud Micro Monitor — ultra-compact, high quality reference studio monitors

As far as acoustically-challenged rooms, iLoud Micro Monitor + ARC System 2 was a powerful pair that really helped a Sweetwater reviewer who said he was "blown away" after using both together (and he was actually pretty dang happy to begin with due to the points we paid attention to as elaborated in the link above ).
Old 28th October 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
This is how I'm using them at the moment. Near the end of a mix to do quality control. They are flat. Specs are excellent. I'm convinced I could do a complete mix on these and get great results. I mix on Yamaha HS8 for studio and JBL LSR305 for live sound support. Thought of using these live as well My wife is also using them with her IPhone when I'm not using them as reference monitors. I told her they were for the family
Old 28th October 2016
Gear Maniac

@ czoli
How do they compare against LSR305?
Old 28th October 2016
Lives for gear

They look a little bit like the Focal XS Book.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search