The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
IK Multimedia releases Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac, PC & iOS
Old 20th January 2016
News Desk Editor

IK Multimedia releases Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac, PC & iOS

IK Multimedia releases Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac, PC & iOS-lurssen_main_image_20160225_sa.jpg

IK Multimedia is proud to announce that Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac and PC is now available. Lurssen Mastering Console is a powerful new audio mastering tool for Mac/PC that gives musicians, producers and engineers the ability to master their music, radio and TV commercials, film scores and more utilising a digital model of the chain and settings used by Gavin Lurssen, Reuben Cohen and the team at multi-Grammy Award-winning Lurssen Mastering in Los Angeles, CA. Lurssen Mastering Console replicates Lurssen's "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" philosophy, which focuses on the order, connections and interactions between each individual processing component in the chain. With Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac and PC, now anyone can master their music with the tools, secrets and settings of a Grammy Award winning professional studio.

Streamlined studio knowhow
Lurssen Mastering Console features a processor chain that's built to simulate the order, processors, hookups and settings used by the team at Lurssen Mastering to master virtually every style of music today. Lurssen Mastering Console doesn't just model individual processors - it is unique because it also recreates the physical and audio interactions between them in the chain. It recreates the influences one processor has on the rest of the chain and how a setting change affects the performance and auditory results of the chain. This revolutionary approach provides for the synergistic "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" results that have made Lurssen Mastering Studio one of the top studios in the world.

The processing chain's parameters can be changed via 25 different "Styles" presets that reflect the selection and order of the processors in the chain, plus the actual knob settings used by the Lurssen Mastering team. These "Styles" are perfect one-stop mastering starting point tools for hip-hop, EDM, rock, pop, country, punk, Americana and more, and are the same settings used every day to master audio. Once a "Style" is loaded only certain knobs and settings are accessible for tweaking because, in Lurssen's own words, "once set, we don't change those settings." So, in essence, Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac and PC lets users literally master their music with the same knowhow and secret settings that give Lurssen Mastering its uniquely special mastering mojo.

Brilliantly complex simplicity: Mastering made easy

Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac and PC offers an easy to use interface that streamlines the mastering process. Users can load a mix, select a mastering style and control a beautifully rendered console that is based on the actual physical console used every day at Lurssen Mastering. The controls included are kept straightforward: There are dynamic controls for select gear chain processors, an Input Drive knob, a five band EQ and a "Push" knob. The "Push" knob allows users to ride the master as it's happening so that they can make subtle and uniform EQ adjustments to enhance dynamics and create peak dynamically enhanced moments throughout the song.

Powerful processing in a DAW or on its own
Lurssen Mastering Console can be used either as a standalone mastering workstation or as an Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3 or AAX plug-in inside a DAW. In both cases, its Input Gain and Push controls can be automated and viewed due to its convenient waveform display. Furthermore, in the plug-in version, the dynamics processors can be automated and controlled via the preferred host DAW. Parameters can be tweaked and saved as presets that incorporate user settings along with the Lurssen Mastering "Styles" preset chosen for mastering similar styles of music. Lurssen Mastering Console allows for a high level of sonic detail thanks to its 88.2/96kHz DSP processing. In the standalone version, audio can be exported in a variety of popular formats.

Projects in Lurssen Mastering for Mac and PC are compatible with Lurssen Mastering for iPad - this means that if users have both applications, they can transfer their projects and use the iPad version to hear how their work sounds on a variety of different output devices (they can also use the iPad version to finish projects and vice versa). This feature provides a more accurate real-time master and ensures that playback across consumer devices will be consistent and provide the desired listening experience.

Pricing and availability
Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac and PC is now available for a limited-time introductory price of just $/€199.99 (excl. taxes) from the IK online store and authorised resellers. Users can download and demo Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac/PC unrestricted for a full 10 days at no cost.

Lurssen Mastering Console for iPad is available on the App Store for FREE in demo mode with new time options for full-functionality available via in-app purchase: 2 days for $/€4.99, 1 week for $/€9.99, 1 month for $/€29.99 and unlimited for $/€99.99.

For more information, please visit:
IK Multimedia | Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac/PC and iPad
Attached Thumbnails
IK Multimedia releases Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac, PC & iOS-lurssen_main_image_20160225_sa.jpg  

Last edited by The Press Desk; 7th June 2016 at 08:59 PM..
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

I wonder why IK didn't make this new Mastering app a T-RackS module? Hope they dom't forget about T-RackS, my T-RackS modules are getting lonely .
Old 20th January 2016
Gear Nut

So... EZMaster, basically?

Edit: Ah, it looks like you have full access to the guts. I just saw the "Style" selector and winced a bit at first.

Last edited by DivideByZero; 20th January 2016 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: Ohhhh
Old 20th January 2016

I expect lots of eye-rolling, but personally I think this is an absolutely brilliant idea. This is what ITB is all about. Can't wait to give it a road test.
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

Looks great to me. The price is good for a start (but 299 isn't insane)
Old 20th January 2016
Old 20th January 2016
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideByZero View Post
So... EZMaster, basically?

Edit: Ah, it looks like you have full access to the guts. I just saw the "Style" selector and winced a bit at first.
You you don't have full access to the guts. Just able to rearrange them.
Sorry, but thats lame. Is that how he works?
I'll wait til the full version comes out where we can take advantage of everything not just have presets.

JusMyOpinion,

Marc
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

Hopefully there will be a free 14-day demo of this available...
Old 20th January 2016
OMU
Lives for gear

That's ridiculous. At least for the price.

Who is willing to pay even the 'intro' 200$ for a couple of compressors you can't change the attack or release on?
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

Looks cool!
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post

Who is willing to pay even the 'intro' 200$ for a couple of compressors you can't change the attack or release on?
I think you can change any parameters on any of the components - seriously, why wouldn't you be able to do that? iK wouldn't be that stupid.

Wait for the release and hopefully there will be a demo that you can try to see if it is what you want...
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

So it's an Ozone competitor, with perhaps less controls ?
Demo ?
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
So it's an Ozone competitor, with perhaps less controls ?
Demo ?
It was JUST announced. It's not even available yet. No one here knows the answer to those questions. Maybe some people who attend NAMM this week can check it out and report back.
Old 20th January 2016
Jtt
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich View Post
Quote:

I think you can change any parameters on any of the components - seriously, why wouldn't you be able to do that? iK wouldn't be that stupid.

Wait for the release and hopefully there will be a demo that you can try to see if it is what you want...
So they can sell you more presets later?
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:

+100. I think in today's over saturated market, with some top notch tools available for under $50, and the world that is losing interest in music, it is very difficult to justify high prices. Just my2¢.
Old 21st January 2016
Quote:

Amén!
Old 21st January 2016
Ik is an enigma in this business of sorts. Their products seem to be targeted at home recordists and songwriters, but their algorithms are actually excellent.
Old 21st January 2016
Gear Nut

i need to hear it, see it. know where i can tweak things (or not tweak things). hope it's more editable than it seems...otherwise, it's Landr for your computer...
Old 21st January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hopefully there will be a free 14-day demo of this available...
They're gonna get right on that.....like AT4
Old 21st January 2016
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:

It's available now for iPad so, I'll get my iPad 2 and see if you can tweak each unit but, I'm almost 99% sure you can't.
Read between the line on how they explain it.
I think you can just tweak the knobs on the face unit and adjust how the other unit are pushed. That's why you see a GR underneath the Tube Compressor and the same with the De-Esser and with the Solid State Compressor, you can mess with the Threshold and Makeup gain only.
That's why you only see the one unit in all the pictures. That's the only one you can tweak.
They don't trust you tweaking anything else. Hahahaha

Marc
Old 21st January 2016
M2E
Lives for gear

This says it all....

Advanced tweakability

Lurssen Mastering Console has been designed to sound great without any tweaking required on your part. That being said, you can view and alter some of the settings of Gavin’s processing chain thanks to the Chain view screen. Here you can view the individual components that comprise each Style template and make adjustments to things like gain reduction on specific pieces of gear. You can save your changes to the Style templates as presets, which can also store different EQ settings.

This is kind of funny to me. Come on Peter.

Marc
Old 21st January 2016
Lives for gear

Argh I'm a total ik fanboy, but... I dunno
Old 21st January 2016
Lives for gear

Hating is the new "fanboi"

Old 21st January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovessuperstrats View Post
Hating is the new "fanboi"

Ha! But, it's true... I have everything of theirs but the new mic modeling thing...

I am quite hopeful, but... Whatever. I hope it's great!
Old 21st January 2016
Jtt
Gear Addict

Kind of like Toontrack EZ mix, which isn't actually terrible--but also not really aimed at the target market of this site. As something like that, it could be a nice quick 'n' dirty--but the non-intro price of 299 is too high.
Old 21st January 2016
Gear Addict

The dinosaur is still there
Old 21st January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
The dinosaur is still there
That was 100% for you guys here on Gearslutz. Enjoy
Old 21st January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Category 5 View Post
Ik is an enigma in this business of sorts. Their products seem to be targeted at home recordists and songwriters, but their algorithms are actually excellent.
Our products are top-shelf, priced affordably, and used by every "type" from home/hobbyist to major label producers/engineers and artists for that reason. We can take a little eye-rolling from a small cross-section of users here, we're celebrating our 20th year now so we must be doing something right.
Old 21st January 2016
Lives for gear

Peter:

Thank you for following my request to keep the dinosaur.

Have you played around with this new plug yet?

Re: ezMix... I recommend that to songwriter/demo/new guys all of the time... It's far from terrible and the visual representation of gear used in the chain is educational...
Old 21st January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Peter:

Thank you for following my request to keep the dinosaur.

Have you played around with this new plug yet?

Re: ezMix... I recommend that to songwriter/demo/new guys all of the time... It's far from terrible and the visual representation of gear used in the chain is educational...
I've used the iOS version for a bit, not the Mac/PC version. I'll get a taste of that soon I'm sure, but the iOS version requires the whole app review and approval process so that one was first in line to fiddle around with. We can use and release our software with our own approval - no offense, Apple - so I'll get to that version soon though.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search