The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
IK Multimedia releases Lurssen Mastering Console for Mac, PC & iOS
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Now that it's a few years old, are you guys still using it or have you changed your opinions?

Just saw that it's on sale for $49 and the deal ends today. 30% less, if you have JamPoints laying around.

I don't have time today to demo it, but thinking about picking it up. Thanks in advance!
I highly recommended it. When I use it, it really works to get the dynamics of a track perfect. It’s combination of processors and the settings are very tasteful and professional sounding.
Old 31st May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I've always wondered if you can use it as sort of a heavy bus, to mix into? Or is it really -only- for mastering stage?

Having said that, if it adds too much latency then using it in the creative process is less ideal, and probable.
I have frequently used it to mix into without issue.
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
We've extended the promotion for a few days if that helps you also perhaps having some time to test it.
Very cool, Peter. What's the new end date? Just kinda' busy lately so I'll probably have to pick it up without much testing anyway. Thanks!
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Very cool, Peter. What's the new end date? Just kinda' busy lately so I'll probably have to pick it up without much testing anyway. Thanks!
We will run the promotion through this coming Monday, June 3rd.
Old 1st June 2019
Gear Addict

Its still my go-to if I want to see how my mix "might" sound when its mastered. And its OK for mixing into also if you like to do that sort of thing. Just watch the levels. Or if you want to master some stuff that's not destined for greatness. It won't replace a mastering engineer, by any means. But $49 is a steal.
Old 29th July 2019
For anyone with a MWTM subscription, there's a new mastering video series with Gavin and Reuben which may clear up a lot of questions and showcases the interplay of the individual components which IK have captured and modeled really well.
Old 29th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
For anyone with a MWTM subscription, there's a new mastering video series with Gavin and Reuben which may clear up a lot of questions and showcases the interplay of the individual components which IK have captured and modeled really well.
Thank you for posting this. Warren Huart's Produce Like a Pro also did a studio tour with Gavin and Reuben which would also be helpful for some.
Old 3rd September 2019
Lives for gear

I am thinking on getting this.

Has there been regular patches and updates to this product or has it been fairly static as far as patching released?
Old 3rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Just wondering, has anyone compared T Racks 5 One with the Lurssen Mastering Console products? Are they sort of the same thing except One allows for more tweaking?
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Addict

Lurssen hasn't been updated forever, even though lots of folks have requested some feature tweaks. But here's the thing — if you want pretty decent sounding masters without muss or fuss, I haven't found anything better. I send my stuff out for mastering, but I run my tracks through Lurssen for my rough mix/masters to get a sense of what the final will sound like. (I've used One and it has lots more tweaking but you can overdo things if you aren't careful, and I can get a better "master" faster with Lurssen without having to think too much about it .... Lurssen is pretty darned fool proof.)
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonelark View Post
Lurssen hasn't been updated forever, even though lots of folks have requested some feature tweaks. But here's the thing — if you want pretty decent sounding masters without muss or fuss, I haven't found anything better. I send my stuff out for mastering, but I run my tracks through Lurssen for my rough mix/masters to get a sense of what the final will sound like. (I've used One and it has lots more tweaking but you can overdo things if you aren't careful, and I can get a better "master" faster with Lurssen without having to think too much about it .... Lurssen is pretty darned fool proof.)
I agree. Lurssen sounds great. It makes things sound finished.
(T-Racks is not the same as Lurssen.)
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Addict

Lurssen is for those who are recording their work and who want to get a decent finalized sound without handing over their mixdowns to some unknown (most cannot afford to spend thousands on a full set of songs for a really decent mastering engineer).

However, if I were recording for a really big contract I would hire a big name mastering engineer.

But Lurssen is fantastic for what it is. It gets me 99% of the way to a complete finalized sound and that is good enough for me. Getting that last 1% is far, far more expensive.
Old 4th September 2019
Yeh it’s pretty good and easy to get a good sounding track, which is ideal for me since I kinda suck at mixing and prefer to spend my time making music.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbital View Post
Lurssen is for those who are recording their work and who want to get a decent finalized sound without handing over their mixdowns to some unknown (most cannot afford to spend thousands on a full set of songs for a really decent mastering engineer).

However, if I were recording for a really big contract I would hire a big name mastering engineer.

But Lurssen is fantastic for what it is. It gets me 99% of the way to a complete finalized sound and that is good enough for me. Getting that last 1% is far, far more expensive.
By the way, this post made me realize I hadn't pointed out in a while that people are frequently surprised at how reasonably affordable Lurssen Mastering is (not the software, the actual mastering house) to have master your music. They support the independent music community and offer competitive rates for independent projects.

But buy the software too Seriously, though, they're (brace for the pun) masters at their craft and worth it if you decide to go with a mastering studio.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Nut

The big "flaw" with LMD is the inability to level match when bypassing to hear what it is actually DOING other than dramatically boosting the level. The old "louder always sounds better" bias.

It shouldn't be a big "ask" on a plugin like this. Either an automatic bypass level compensation feature (like Ozone) or at least some sort of a master output control (besides the make-up gain control in the final compressor -- which has strictly limited parameters and will not reduce the level even close to matching the input.)

To me the "process bypass switch" on LMD -- as implemented -- is completely pointless -- no more than a frustrating "tease."

The only way to level match for bypass is to add a gain plug to your chain and then you have to turn it on at the same time you bypass LMD. And remember to turn it off -- or risk blowing your ears out.

This is maddening -- and has been a complaint since the plugin was first released. I wish IK would either address it -- or provide a good reason why they won't. (And I can't think of a good reason.)
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongShark View Post
The big "flaw" with LMD is the inability to level match when bypassing to hear what it is actually DOING other than dramatically boosting the level. The old "louder always sounds better" bias.

It shouldn't be a big "ask" on a plugin like this. Either an automatic bypass level compensation feature (like Ozone) or at least some sort of a master output control (besides the make-up gain control in the final compressor -- which has strictly limited parameters and will not reduce the level even close to matching the input.)

To me the "process bypass switch" on LMD -- as implemented -- is completely pointless -- no more than a frustrating "tease."

The only way to level match for bypass is to add a gain plug to your chain and then you have to turn it on at the same time you bypass LMD. And remember to turn it off -- or risk blowing your ears out.

This is maddening -- and has been a complaint since the plugin was first released. I wish IK would either address it -- or provide a good reason why they won't. (And I can't think of a good reason.)
Totally agree with this.
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Addict

Me too.
Old 12th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dione View Post
Totally agree with this.

Quote:
Me too.
Peter...is there any chance this would ever be addressed in an update? LMC is really a terrific plug-in, but to me this just seems likes such a glaring but easily-remedied flaw.
Old 12th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Peter...is there any chance this would ever be addressed in an update? LMC is really a terrific plug-in, but to me this just seems likes such a glaring but easily-remedied flaw.
I second this even if there is a nominal upgrade fee.
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
+1
I would also like to have midi learn for all the knobs and sliders. Midi assignment is a weak area generally in IK software IMO.
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

The requests have been relayed to the team when made. Thank you for your input.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Long overdue.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

They got it super right on stealth limit , so ctrl c ctrl v , ik please ...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
The requests have been relayed to the team when made. Thank you for your input.
Translation: "Yeah, sure."

(Requests for level matching have been coming in since Jan 2016....)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Translation: "Yeah, sure."

(Requests for level matching have been coming in since Jan 2016....)
Translation: Feature requests are relayed to the team. Sorry that this one that has been requested has not been implemented at this time. Note that Lurssen Mastering Console is made to specifically mimic the Lurssen Mastering chain and process and does that. Other feature requests are, as with any product, taken under consideration. Thank you.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Anyone else having problems with this plugin on Windows 120 and Studio One Pro 4.5? This plugin always worked for me but now it freezes and then crashed my entire system, even if it's the only plugin on the session. I've re-installed with no luck...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search