The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
So hey, rumor is that Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008
Old 28th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaFaV View Post
If these are real pics.... There doesn't seem to be anything new except for the Wordclock. From the other 003 thread:
Big surprise, digi drops the ball again. Unless this has some sort of major software updates, count me out.
Old 28th February 2007
Gear Addict

Now that I see that, I'm glad I got M-Powered and a Profire Lightbridge a while ago...
Old 28th February 2007
Gear Head

this really can't be it, how in hell do they expect anyone to shell out even $100 for this crap?
Old 28th February 2007
Quote:
Way to go.tutt
Well it turns out I was pretty close anyway.

Digi are pursuing an outdated market model. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out for them but they won't be getting any of my money.

I wonder if it'll do 4 channels of ADAT S/MUX at 96kHz??
Old 28th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus202 View Post
this really can't be it, how in hell do they expect anyone to shell out even $100 for this crap?
no kidding...the only thing I could possibly think of....which would never happen...would be more then one unit being used at once...so 2 003s would give you 16 I/O analog and digital.....

But it'll never happen.
Old 28th February 2007
that picture looks like photoshop... it looks like they took the 002, sliced and diced the jacks and moved some stuff around.... and i think i see dithering around the connectors where it was moved / pasted.
Old 28th February 2007
Lives for gear

It could just be a Photoshop job guys.

Come on, jeeze, relax...
Old 28th February 2007
Lives for gear

Shopped!
Old 28th February 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Heat View Post
It could just be a Photoshop job guys.

Come on, jeeze, relax...
Hmmmmmmmm... It could be The Italian Job heh
Old 28th February 2007
Gear Nut

No RCA in.

I have a feeling it's not real.
Old 28th February 2007
Lives for gear

Hmmmm.... these pics have me thinking it's the real deal...
Attached Thumbnails
So hey, rumor is that  Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008-001ys4.jpg   So hey, rumor is that  Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008-12ju8.jpg  
Old 28th February 2007
Gear Head

I'm also begin to feel same.

No photo for the back of DIGI003 !! And those knob looks like a wild mushrooms.
Old 28th February 2007
i'm not 100% convinced... with all the industrial designers / students in italy, it could easily be either a rendering or model of design study.
Old 1st March 2007
Lives for gear

The pics are definitely fake ones imho...but a good one.

Here´s why:
1. Why should Digi use different colored screws for the midi ports. They use black or silver ones but not mixed ones (looking at the back of 002/R).
2. The XLR mic ins miss the push release button which every 00X unit features.
3. The firewire connectors do look just a bit too different for being in the center of the viewing angle.
4. No 00X unit has it´s name on the back. Furthermore I don´t think they would use a different visual concept: On the front a 3 in two circles and "Rack" beneath, on the back it says 003 Rack...makes me wonder...
5. On the front of the "003 Rack" there´s the "d" standing alone above the phone conns while there´s also the "d digidesign" at the left. That doesn´t make sense from a CI point of view. It just looks as if the rendering genious thought there was too much space left and so he put in the "d".
6. Quite obvious: The knobs are too far out of where they should be visually.

Well then...just my thoughts about these renderings, and of course I may also be wrong and it´s not a fake...but then...I don´t think so . Also the Apple display just doesn´t make any sense...it would maybe if PT were running on it...

In a few hours we all will know?!?
Old 1st March 2007
Here for the gear

OK, I've managed to hack into the XML files that Digidesign use to power their flash animation headers.

These images will be used as the flash navigation background image:
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/navigation/base/003.jpg
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/navigation/base/003r.jpg
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/naviga.../003family.jpg

These images, residing on Digidesign's servers, seem to backup the images on Post #260 on this thread.

More as and if I find them...
Old 1st March 2007
Lives for gear

Check it out...

http://www.protoolers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6834

I can't wait. Think I'll be trading in my 002 control surface for the 003 version.

thumbsup
Old 1st March 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibruk View Post
OK, I've managed to hack into the XML files that Digidesign use to power their flash animation headers.

These images will be used as the flash navigation background image:
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/navigation/base/003.jpg
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/navigation/base/003r.jpg
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/naviga.../003family.jpg

These images, residing on Digidesign's servers, seem to backup the images on Post #260 on this thread.

More as and if I find them...
Nice find, it sure feels like the real thing now, unfortunatly.
Yet, I'll wait for the full specs (tomorrow?) to give it a definitive NO!
Old 1st March 2007
Lives for gear

There sure are a lot of new members posting in these 003 threads.

Old 1st March 2007
Lives for gear

Well it looks a bit ugly with it´s mushroom knobs, but then maybe they put some tricky features in it? Some DSP? ADC/PDC/more tracks with a PT7LE/SE Version? We´ll see...
Old 1st March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtGarceau View Post
What makes me sick is that if this is real...Digi will force you to upgrade by discontinuing support of the 002.

What a bunch of dicks. LightBridge here I come!

I never got the "forced" thing. Hell, I'm still running 6.4 with my 002 and I won't upgrade until I buy new hardware. My rule is, if it works and I'm happy why change. Companies don't "support" products forever, just doesn't happen. Get over it and get used to it, otherwise life is going to be full of disappointments for you.
Old 1st March 2007
Here for the gear

OK, so in case Digidesign pulls all the files I just found down, I've taken screenshots and spliced them all together. These files are all taken from the links I just sent on Digi's website.
Attached Thumbnails
So hey, rumor is that  Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008-digi003_profile.jpg   So hey, rumor is that  Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008-digi003_front.jpg   So hey, rumor is that  Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008-digi003_back.jpg   So hey, rumor is that  Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008-digi003_rack_front.jpg   So hey, rumor is that  Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008-digi003_rack_back.jpg  

Old 1st March 2007
Here for the gear

And the flash navigation background images I mentioned:
Attached Thumbnails
So hey, rumor is that  Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008-navigation_closeup1.jpg   So hey, rumor is that  Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008-navigation_closeup2.jpg   So hey, rumor is that  Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008-navigation_closeup3.jpg  
Old 1st March 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
I guess I'm used to the company I work for. A guarantee of product support/parts stock for 10 years after a discontinuation unless technology (like nobody making the parts anymore) prohibits it.
Sure....Shure?
Old 1st March 2007
Here for the gear

Great find Sibruk!

I am not sure how are you finding those pictures , But have you snooped around for photos of a "003 pro"??
Old 1st March 2007
Here for the gear

There's no 003pro photos, not that I can find anyway.

I started by hacking into the flash animation. Digi use a simple flash animation with a bit of server side scripting (via XML) to bring the correct navigation to the correct pages. I couldn't find the specific 003 XML feeds, I trawled through 140 of them! I'm guessing they'll make them live tomorrow. They use ColdFusion to manage the XML, so I imagine it will all be done with the click of a mouse tomorrow.

However, from the XML feeds used for the 002, I could see what images were used for the 002 navigations. I then made some informed guesses with what the 003 images would be! And lo and behold, it worked. I almost wet myself when I found the first one. heh

Same with the 003 360-degree animations. Looked at the source for the 002 ones and made some guesses for the 003 ones. Easy when you know what you're looking for.
Old 1st March 2007
BMT
Gear Head

Interesting???

Anyone know what that link button is for?

Old 1st March 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT View Post
Anyone know what that link button is for?

It's the firewire connection LED....
Same as the 002.
Old 1st March 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
What makes me sick is that if this is real...Digi will force you to upgrade by discontinuing support of the 002.

What a bunch of dicks. LightBridge here I come!
I always wonder what makes someone say such a boneheaded comment. Did Digi say that they will do this? No. Do you realize the Mbox1 is still supported? Do you realize they said it will be supported for a very long time, that as long as the Mbox2 is supported, so will the Mbox1? (they did). They dropped the 001 because it was completely different technology (PCI card). This 003 it seems is firewire (if the pics are real), and 002 is firewire. So relax! It's like people want to be pissed off. Lots of closet sadists here, it seems...
Old 1st March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I guess I'm used to the company I work for. A guarantee of product support/parts stock for 10 years after a discontinuation unless technology (like nobody making the parts anymore) prohibits it.

Fair enough, and I agree, if these pictures are indeed real this is a disappointment. Hopefully it's the sound that makes it an upgrade from the 002 otherwise why buy it?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search