The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
So hey, rumor is that Digi's 003 will appear at Namm 2008
Old 19th February 2007
Gear Maniac

Way too much time....but i can see why people are pulling the hair out of their heads over this one.
Thanks for clearing up my stupidity issues!!
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

Digidesign should hook us up with a mild discount for being so damn resourceful.
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

It's already out and it's only 153,51 EUR!!!

http://www.epv-verlag.de/systeme/dig...ik/digi003.php
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

I think it's been removed.
Old 19th February 2007

Found this blurb at Gearwire.

http://www.gearwire.com/digi-003-speculation.html
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdiggy View Post
I don't think that drivel is anything more than pure speculation. The guy actually thinks the current 002 are powered by a wall-wart. That shows you how much he doesn't know about the *current* product, let alone the possible new product.
Old 19th February 2007
aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh must get 003...........cant wait any longer................must be slutty....................why do you tease me so digi?
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

It sure would be nice to see a new LE unit. Don't think we're gonna see it today though....as DIGI usually has stuff up on their site long before I wake up in the morning.

I agree with Erick21 too. That guy/site doesn't seem to know anything about the product that is out now, so how could they possibly know anything about this new one.

Here's hoping for 16 digital I/O......HA! like that'll happen.
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

The digi site is also advertising if you upgrade from PT TDM, Mix etc to HD they will give you a 002R free.

Well, its not exactly free considering the upgrade cost, but they fact that they are going to throw in those boxes in the deal, makes me think it is perhaps the end of the 002's run.

-D
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_F_H_13 View Post
It sure would be nice to see a new LE unit. Don't think we're gonna see it today though....as DIGI usually has stuff up on their site long before I wake up in the morning.
I'm pretty sure Digi is closed for Presiden't Day.
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_F_H_13 View Post
Here's hoping for 16 digital I/O......HA! like that'll happen.
That's all I care about. I sincerely could care less about anything else, really. If there's no 16 channels of ADAT, I'm not interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREMORS View Post
The digi site is also advertising if you upgrade from PT TDM, Mix etc to HD they will give you a 002R free.

Well, its not exactly free considering the upgrade cost, but they fact that they are going to throw in those boxes in the deal, makes me think it is perhaps the end of the 002's run.

-D
Wow. We must be getting close. Can somebody go to Digi headquarters and see if the front doors are being propped open by 002rs?
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

All the references to 003 on digi's website (including links on here) have been removed.

(in Hunter s. Thompson's voice) "what kind of games are being played here??"

tutt
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

mmm, my guess is Musikmesse...
Old 19th February 2007
they can change their site but they cannot silence the slutz!

or the google cache, for that matter...
Old 19th February 2007
When is Musikmesse?
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

http://musik.messefrankfurt.com/frankfurt/en/

Both Avid & M-Audio are registered exhibitors.
Old 19th February 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeronimo View Post
When is Musikmesse?

28-31 March 2007

That's an awful long time to wait in the dark after such a teaser.
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

What a great way for Digi to stir up interest for a future release.. They put a blurb or two on the web site for a short time and then take it down.. the public is wipped into a frenzy..

Free advertising!

ERic
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

And I'll repeat.
Who cares, unless they do something about the bult-in limitations of the LE software.
It doesn't matter what kind of interface they release. LE still remains a hobbyists piece of software.
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
And I'll repeat.
Who cares, unless they do something about the bult-in limitations of the LE software.
Well, apparently not you.

Quote:
It doesn't matter what kind of interface they release. LE still remains a hobbyists piece of software.
And your point is?

Although I disagree with that statement, are there no hobbyists here at GS? This is the New Product Alert forum, no?

Your elitist attitude is tired.
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by severe View Post
Well, apparently not you.

And your point is?

Although I disagree with that statement, are there no hobbyists here at GS? This is the New Product Alert forum, no?

Your elitist attitude is tired.

I'm not trying to be elitist. I'm jsut wondering why all the excitement about ANOTHER interface for the same piece of limited sofwtare?
Is there something you can't do with an 002 that you need to sell that and get an 003?

Seriously, how many time are they going to re-release the Mbox ina new jacket?

I think expanding the capabilities of the software are way more important that releasing the same **** over and over.

And if your a hobbyist, then WTF would you even use PT's LE with all it's limitations, when there's much better options out there?
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not trying to be elitist. I'm jsut wondering why all the excitement about ANOTHER interface for the same piece of limited sofwtare?
Is there something you can't do with an 002 that you need to sell that and get an 003?
I'm hoping for more digital i/o, but who knows?

Quote:
I think expanding the capabilities of the software are way more important that releasing the same **** over and over.
I agree with that sentiment, but I think there are many people that currently use their LE hardware as a dongle only. Those users could have something to look forward to, again, with the added i/o.

Quote:
And if your a hobbyist, then WTF would you even use PT's LE with all it's limitations, when there's much better options out there?
Ha. That one had me laugh out loud because of the answer. I feel most comfortable with PT software and probably most uncomfortable as a customer, like many. However, all I feel I'm really missing is PDC/ADC. I'm one of those "digital as tape" people, for the most part, mixing and summing a hybrid of ITB and OTB. I make adjustments. I don't consider myself a hobbyist and I don't feel too much of a need for any of their other software features ...for now.
Old 21st February 2007
Gear Maniac

But maybe they might re-evaluate the range of software for the 003.

this link...

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...51&itemid=5027

....had 003 in the heading at the top of the page. since when does LE have surround?!?!Now i know its gone & maybe it was all a sick joke, but i saw with my own eyes!
& since they have made modified versions of PT (M-Powered) why not modifiy the software towards the higher end of the spectrum (native based still, but with ADC & surround)
Otherwise i wouldnt be suprised if the 003 WAS THE EXACT SAME as the 002 except for 8 mic pres instead of 4, slightly better converters/clock, wordclock & maybe a better headphone amp.
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Seriously, how many time are they going to re-release the Mbox ina new jacket?
we'll your just on the other side of the fence.

these are my reasons why I'd be interested in a 003, HDLE, or whatever improved mid level thing they introduce:

- for my tracking room I want to continue running protools, because I like it.
- HD is WAY to expensive for me at the moment, I won't invest in it now.
- if it has 24 or more inputs, then that will suffice for me, hopefully mostly adat.
- a native solution is fine, I need relatively little DSP power in a tracking situation.
- The alternative is buying another old mix system with 24I/O which will set me 3-5k
- I've used LE in the tracking room, the only limitation that bugged me was 32 tracks

quite simple.

every user of PTLE knows there are other DAW products out there that can arguably do more and limit the user less. It's a simple choice to use the world standard and take digidesign's crap with it. I like ProTools, I don't know anymore whether I can say the same about digidesign, it highly depends on what new sub HD level products they introduce.
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

Well, just got a hold of some of the specs that were briefly posted on Digi's site the other day.

Lookin' good! My prayers have been answered:

16 channels of analog I/O alongside 16 channels of ADAT w/ s/mux!!!!

Also, it looks like it will cost around $4000...More than what I paid for an HD card not too long ago...I'm sure there will be upgrade paths for 002 users, tho.

Looks like Digidesign is realizing the power of native these days.
Old 21st February 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
Also, it looks like it will cost around $4000...
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, just got a hold of some of the specs that were briefly posted on Digi's site the other day.

Lookin' good! My prayers have been answered:

Also, it looks like it will cost around $4000...More than what I paid for an HD card not too long ago...I'm sure there will be upgrade paths for 002 users, tho.

Looks like Digidesign is realizing the power of native these days.
If that's real, it's defenately gonna stirr up some things

Who's your source btw? I guess you didn't see those specs on their website yourself?
Old 21st February 2007
if it's going to be that expensive then I wonder if they will even discontinue the 002 series, it sounds like there might still be a market for it.

but we know digi, they love to make their product tiers as far apart as possible.
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

well that might do it for me.

It's about the same price I'd pay for a mix system with 32I/O

advantage of the 003 would be that I can use current software versions.
disadvantage... no tdm plugs or complimentary DSP.

but for my tracking room... not really a deal breaker.

fingers crosseth

Quote:

Also, it looks like it will cost around $4000...
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

The number of I/O also implicates it wouldn't run ProTools LE as we know it today.

Let's hope they make a decent full blown native PT version with plenty I/O, near unlimited tracks, and full delay compensation.

No DSP is no issue, computers are way fast enough to run plenty plugins. And tons of plugins are available in native format.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search