The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Someone at Behringer has a sense of humour
Old 24th April 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADROOM View Post
There would be a market for a ****er Roads , a nice mechanical piano.
Or a Hummer Bee 3.....
Or a Wurstlitzer
Behringer has nt discovered the vintage market yet....

nickoosterhuis.com
now that you've put this idea out, it won't be long before we see a poorchild 670 professional mastering compressor...
Old 27th April 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
F-Designs Atlantica
That is f**king hilarious!
Old 29th April 2007
Lives for gear

My favorite Behringer moment was when I worked at guitar center and a customer asked to hear one of their keyboard amps and not only didn't pass any audio, It smoked when it was plugged in and sent out a nice healthy current of electricity when touched. The customer didn't care and we just got a new one in a box from the warehouse. The price was right I suppose.
Old 30th April 2007
Gear Addict

Talking

Attached Thumbnails
Someone at Behringer has a sense of humour-behr_slime.jpg  
Old 30th April 2007
Lives for gear

This is hillarious! Wasn't Beh-ripoff sued by the Roland Corp.?
Old 30th April 2007
Lives for gear

I wonder how come behringer arent riding the current summing box madness and offering a 16 ch box with a state of the art onyx preamp makeup gain. heh

"Cheapskate 2bus" for 199 could be an awesome deal.
Old 30th April 2007
Gear Addict

Have you guys seen this? I have to admit I got a little more sympathy for these guys after seeing this:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NqUGLUJF7y4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NqUGLUJF7y4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3LKnQl8gbkQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3LKnQl8gbkQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 30th April 2007
LK7
Gear Maniac

Awesome Video! Thanks for posting the link.
Old 30th April 2007
Lives for gear

Word is... it's actually another manufacturers facility in the video. No!... actually the entire video production is of another company's. They just had some guy at Behringer come in to re-do the voice overs.

The CEO character was just some dood asking for directions.

Seriously.

Thanks for the vids. I'm impressed. They have machines and stuff there.
Old 1st May 2007
Lives for gear

makes me wonder, what if, one day behringer came out with something seriously good, that really did sound as good as the best neve/neumann/urei whatever.

would anyone believe it, would anyone care, would anyone want it? would the word get around that it was good or would it be dismissed?
Old 1st May 2007
That will just never happen, haven't you seen their slogan? "Why innovate when you can duplicate?"

What a small life for these people; ripping off others work, undercutting with a cheaper product from a design they stole. It would be said if it weren't so pathetic and frustrating.
Old 1st May 2007
Lives for gear

For these people its all about making money and currently they are making good money.
When they will stop making money you might see them taking a new approach.
Old 5th March 2008
Lives for gear

Just a quick question.

Has anyone tried these heads?

From what I've read they are meant to be very good for the price?

I know it's beringer, but I'm still intrigued.. Always out for a bargain........

Might be good as a mod job.
Old 5th March 2008
Lives for gear

Wouldn't buy it because I have this strange thing that some people at Behringer lack.

Ethics.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search