Major Compressor Plugin From Empirical Labs - AROUSOR - Page 156 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Major Compressor Plugin From Empirical Labs - AROUSOR
Old 25th June 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Fun tip for Arousor for drum machines - combine with XLN Audio's DS-10 Drum Shaper to get some sweet pumping sounds. Signal chain = drum machine (Breaktweaker for this example) -> Arousor -> DS-10

Blew my mind. It really makes drum machines with thumpy kick drums move.

DS-10 settings = Bus setting using Natural algorithm, attack -25%, Sunstain + 80%, Mojo + 74%

Arousor settings = 4:1, I=5.5, Atk = 9, Rel = 6.5, Out = 4.5. All other settings at default.
Old 2nd July 2020
Lives for gear

On sale now - 25% off.
Old 2nd July 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
On sale now - 25% off.
Just noticed it too on their website. As much as I want to get it, but the iLok dongle requirement is really turning me off. With the Steinberg eLicenser for my Nuendo 10, I prefer to avoid having more dongles at this point.
Old 2nd July 2020 | Show parent
The Distressor's "daddy"

SALE TIME, BABY!

Isn't it time to upgrade your home studio during this marvelous Quarantine? No matter where you are... why not improve the hell out of your mixes and have fun doing it.

Rock Down the Lockdown!

So what ya waiting, for?

CLICK HERE FOR A GREAT SALE PRICE

Attached Thumbnails
Major Compressor Plugin From Empirical Labs -  AROUSOR-fourth-july-sale-2020.jpg  

Last edited by Dave Derr; 3rd July 2020 at 05:36 AM..
Old 3rd July 2020
Lives for gear

Got mine earlier but there is a limited number available for purchase at this discount it seems from their website so if you want it I wouldn't hold out till the last minute...
Old 3rd July 2020
Gear Maniac

I know plugins aren’t genre specific but I always hear great things about this compressor. Is it good for rap/hiphop vocals or anything else in the genre?
Old 3rd July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrizzie View Post
I know plugins aren’t genre specific but I always hear great things about this compressor. Is it good for rap/hiphop vocals or anything else in the genre?
Hiphop vocals definitely. The Arousor tends to make vocals sound "in your face"
Old 3rd July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by huub View Post
Hiphop vocals definitely. The Arousor tends to make vocals sound "in your face"
Nice. Exactly what I’m looking for. Thank you.
Old 4th July 2020
Here for the gear

The Mac system requirements here say you need an iLok 2 USB key, not "2 or 3" like it is for Windows.

Is this true or will an iLok 3 work with Arousor on a Mac?

iLok 3 is cheaper on Amazon...
Old 4th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oafashow View Post
The Mac system requirements here say you need an iLok 2 USB key, not "2 or 3" like it is for Windows.

Yes
The Distressor's "daddy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oafashow View Post

Sorry for delay, but yes any iLok 2 or 3 will work perfectly on Mac or Windows. I will try to get website corrected, and appreciate you noticing it!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Derr View Post
Sorry for delay, but yes any iLok 2 or 3 will work perfectly on Mac or Windows. I will try to get website corrected, and appreciate you noticing it!
Thanks!
Old 5th July 2020 | Show parent
The Distressor's "daddy"

Still a Few Hours Left to Save $50

Still a few hours to save $50 on our Fun-Loving Arousor Plug-in.

"The Arouser is a compressor plugin without equal! Instantly exciting and instantly musical. There's no turning back!" Greg Wells

(Adele, Keith Urban, Twenty One Pilots, Katy Perry, One Republic, Ariana Grande, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Pharrell Williams, The All American Rejects, Otep, Deftones, Aerosmith, Burt Bacharach, Elton John, Jars of Clay, Greatest Showman...)

CLICK HERE FOR A GREAT SALE PRICE

Just a couple of the Arousor's Unique Features
Major Compressor Plugin From Empirical Labs -  AROUSOR-atmod-sat.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Major Compressor Plugin From Empirical Labs -  AROUSOR-atmod-sat.jpg  
Old 9th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Is there an opto mode like the distressor plugin? I searched online and found a manual saying it was coming in a new revision. Has it been added yet or na?
Old 9th July 2020 | Show parent
M2E
Lives for gear

Wink

Please Dave, please say the Fatso is being brought to AAX, AU and VST formats. We need it, we want it. Or something like it in plugin form.

Marc
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
Please Dave, please say the Fatso is being brought to AAX, AU and VST formats. We need it, we want it. Or something like it in plugin form.

Marc
I LOVE the UAD Fatso! Nothing like it 😜
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post

Marc
Along with Opto mode being added I heard Fatso mdde was also going to be added to Arousor. Please make it so Dave!!
Old 9th July 2020
Lives for gear

But first and foremost, bring machine auth or ilok cloud to this plugin and make current and future customers happy.

Last edited by degas; 12th July 2020 at 06:54 AM..
Old 12th July 2020
Gear Addict

I would love to buy this but can't do hardware ilok, I'm fine with using pace computer authorization or even ilok cloud. Please consider offering those options, and I'll be a customer.
Old 12th July 2020
Lives for gear

How GOOD is AROUSOR on the drum buss.

I’ve had a timely reminder these last few days.

Great work Dave
Old 28th July 2020
Gear Addict

Just an FYI - there's a bug running Arousor VST3 with the just-released Ableton Live 10.1.17 on Mac. When creating a VST3 instance in a fresh project, Live crashes. And when opening an existing project containing a VST3 instance, Live will either hang with a spinning beachball (happens for me most of the time) or crash as well.

I've tested with Arousor 2.3.1, 2.3.0, and 2.2.1, and the issue is there across all these versions.

Reported this a while back to the support email address, while this Live update was still in public beta, but now that it's been released, the bug is still there. There were some bugfixes relating to VST in this Live update so perhaps something's gone awry with that - https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-10/

VST2 and AU versions have no issues.

Hopefully this one can be fixed soon.
Old 28th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgroove View Post
Just an FYI - there's a bug running Arousor VST3 with the just-released Ableton Live 10.1.17 on Mac. When creating a VST3 instance in a fresh project, Live crashes. And when opening an existing project containing a VST3 instance, Live will either hang with a spinning beachball (happens for me most of the time) or crash as well.

I've tested with Arousor 2.3.1, 2.3.0, and 2.2.1, and the issue is there across all these versions.

Reported this a while back to the support email address, while this Live update was still in public beta, but now that it's been released, the bug is still there. There were some bugfixes relating to VST in this Live update so perhaps something's gone awry with that - https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-10/

I have no doubt Dave will be on it sooner rather than later!
Old 31st July 2020 | Show parent
The Distressor's "daddy"

Mustgroove

Thank you for the notice. I believe a few plug-ins are having trouble with the new Ableton. This report is very helpful, and will share it with the engineers, with it's additional information. As VST2 support is being dropped across the board, we better get this fixed fast!

Perhaps we can pass a Beta by you in a week or so?

Stay Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgroove View Post

Old 31st July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Derr View Post
Mustgroove

Thank you for the notice. I believe a few plug-ins are having trouble with the new Ableton. This report is very helpful, and will share it with the engineers, with it's additional information. As VST2 support is being dropped across the board, we better get this fixed fast!

Perhaps we can pass a Beta by you in a week or so?

Stay Safe!
Down for testing a beta for sure!
Old 14th August 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Question - I recently read a Q&A with Charlie Clouser and he was talking about how he loves using the EL Fatso for drums. Is it possible to get Fatso-like settings on the Arousor? If so, can someone recommend the settings on the Arousor to get a similar sound?
Old 19th August 2020 | Show parent
The Distressor's "daddy"

Prospect! How are you man? The quick answer is you can get the compression really close, but the FATSO has extra sections the Arousor does not have. The Warmth processor is kind of a HF compressor, and the Tranny is an actual transformer that gives some LF hump/beef, and midrange harmonics. So you cannot get those, but I bet we could get the compression realllllly close. It would be interesting to know if Charlie has a favorite setting, as then we could see what he has the Compressor set to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospect View Post
Question - I recently read a Q&A with Charlie Clouser and he was talking about how he loves using the EL Fatso for drums. Is it possible to get Fatso-like settings on the Arousor? If so, can someone recommend the settings on the Arousor to get a similar sound?
BTW, we have some really good Arousing news about Rev 3. We got over a horrific hump and are on a mission to have R3 out within the next couple months. Will keep you in the loop as we go through the process of getting it to market.

Best and Be Safe, Friends!
Old 28th August 2020 | Show parent
The Distressor's "daddy"

Minor AROUSOR Revision for Testing

Comrades of Compression

We have a new Beta Arousor Revision for folks to try out on the link below. This revision mainly fixes a bug on the new Ableton release.

(See Beta Version Installers, 2/3rds down the page.)

http://empiricallabs.com/downloads/#beta

Have a safe and fun weekend, Dammit!
Old 10th September 2020
Motown legend

Looks like 2.3.2 is released.
Old 18th October 2020 | Show parent
The Distressor's "daddy"

REV 3 IS IN THE BATTER BOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
Looks like 2.3.2 is released.
Bob! How have you been holding up under this Pandemic? Its been very strange personally for me, but with folks having time to record at home, our business has been really great. Mixed feelings as part of me feels like we are benefiting from a horrible situation but, our employees have job security in a time when so many do not. In fact we have hired two more folks. Wishing you the Covid Best.

REV 3 AROUSOR - SooOOoo WHERE THE HECK IS REV 3, you all Say!? It's right here on my computers. Yeah, i know its been a couple years, and some of you thought we were stalling, or making empty promises, but... we will be Beta Testing this baby within a week or so. When we start Beta Testing a Rev, that means it is imminent and has passed our in-house picky bastards standards. So get ready for some new tricks from a now, OLD DOG.

We had a breakthrough towards the end of summer that finally allowed control of critical time constants (added yet more time constants actually), and allowed more control of curves and Saturation characteristics. WE GOT OPTO!

Although we have a Brit that sounds really close, my detailed technical tests show discrepancies I don't like, so, no Brit quite yet. Alas, it is close and we are stubborn. If you knew the hours we have spent, you all would send us a sympathy card.

BUT, along with Opto, there are several other really great features, and I hope you guys love them. Stuff you aren't expecting, but are really useful and a lot of FUN. New Colors for sure.

And as promised, all the new features will be FREE to current owners. No one wishes this didn't take so long more than ME. But I am excited and cannot wait to get it into your hands... and into your MUSIC.

I will be updating on here this week, as we prepare for BETA. In the meantime, everyone stay safe, and get ready for a re-vitalized AROUSOR!

Cheers Mes Amis
Old 18th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

So stoked!!
📝 Reply