The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Major Compressor Plugin From Empirical Labs - AROUSOR
Old 24th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Caffrey View Post
Don't set it up in ProTools. Use Controllermate. It will allow you do to so much more than working in ProTools alone. Plus you'll be able to use it with every single app on your computer.
To clarify, I am trying to set it up using Controllermate. Just haven't been able to make it work yet.
Old 25th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankin View Post
To clarify, I am trying to set it up using Controllermate. Just haven't been able to make it work yet.
I think this is the video I learned from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkUosy4KY1Y

The real key is in simply making up ways to use it that fit your workflow that no one else has thought of.

If that video isn't enough, start a thread somewhere and message me about it so that we don't take this one too far off topic.

I'm sure there are other people here using it.

I've mapped trackballs, a Craft keyboard, the user mode of a Push a bluetooth foot pedal, some wireless remotes, and some X-box controllers - for ProTools and all sorts of other apps.

Once you get the concept it's really easy.
Old 26th August 2019
Here for the gear

Hi,

I need to transfer Arousor license to another ilok account. As I see, I need publisher approval. Is there a special procedure, does somebody know ?

Thank You.
Old 26th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by saptezsapte View Post
Hi,

I need to transfer Arousor license to another ilok account. As I see, I need publisher approval. Is there a special procedure, does somebody know ?

Thank You.
Do it as usual and ELi will get notified about it automatically and approve it eventually.
Old 2nd September 2019
The Distressor's "daddy"

Arousor Sale

Well it's about time everyone has the Arousor, so we put together a little Sale. Something to remember the Summer of 2019 by. Starting in a few hours for Labor Day.

www.bit.ly/ArousorSale
Attached Thumbnails
Major Compressor Plugin From Empirical Labs -  AROUSOR-labor-day-flash-sale-3.jpg  

Last edited by Dave Derr; 3rd September 2019 at 07:06 AM..
Old 13th September 2019
The Distressor's "daddy"

MAC Catalina OS Changes

Gang

You may have heard, but be careful updating MACs to the latest Catalina OS. Many, if not most plug-ins will have problems loading. We strongly recommend that you do not upgrade to this latest Mac OS until all of you software including your plug-ins and DAWs are ready for the update. We know its always cool to have the latest software, but it is very possible that some of your software will not work on Mac OS Catalina.

We are following the guidelines and beginning the updating process. One unfortunate outcome for some, is that 32 bit applications will no longer be supported. The Arousor already works at 64 bit on MAC and Windows, so that is not an issue, but Apple is implementing a new notarization process for all software that is to run on Catalina and future MAC OS's.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

is there no educational discount?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

So is the Rev 3.0 update dead ?
Its been an year since announcement..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 View Post
The full rev 3 update has been delayed due to unforeseen development problems. I don't think it's dead.

Empirical Labs pushed out an interim release eight weeks ago, rev 2.2, to get at least some of the planned improvements to customers sooner.

JSL
Old 2 weeks ago
The Distressor's "daddy"

Revish 3ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 View Post
Ziko, it has NOT been a year. It's been way over a year. Get your timing straight, dammit.

Not only is Rev 3 coming, but we have Rev 4 also planned and some if it's features finished. And yes, jslevin is correct that we have been fussing with a key feature or two for Rev 3, going a bit in circles trying to get them to behave as well as the rest of the Arousor features. And then we had some changes in OS's that required maintenance, which are mostly out of the way... except for the Catalina issue that we are starting on.

Anyway, we appreciate everyone's patience again. I promise we are trying like heck to finish Rev 3 up, and if you think you're frustrated... you should be me for a week or two. Ha

We will let our Gearslutz friends be the first to know when this biotch is ready.
-----
In the meantime, is anyone going to AES in NYC in a couple weeks? I'll provide some info in the next few days as we have some guest demoers and a fun booth this year.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Thanks for the update Sir D Derr!!
I'm loving this plugin... it's a daily use thing!!
Old 2 weeks ago
The Distressor's "daddy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Thanks for the update Sir D Derr!!
I'm loving this plugin... it's a daily use thing!!
Always great to hear mattrixx. Thanks for taking the time to let us know!

Even though it's Saturday, I am having a very rewarding time doing some testing on a new Arousor rev. This is the stuff that makes me feel a bit like a benevolent mad scientist... ...as opposed to the hours of emailing and documenting I usually do every day. Ha. Even though the tests are tedious and a bit circular, the process is made more enjoyable by the specialized tools we have assembled over the years. Especially when you are trying to do something new... and it appears to actually work!

I will be posting some info about the upcoming NYC AES in the next few days. Jules from Gearlutz will be there and I am excited to see him and some of the crew.

Have a stellar weekend everyone!

Last edited by Dave Derr; 1 week ago at 10:25 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Derr View Post
Always great to hear mattrixx. Thanks for taking the time to let us know!

Even though it's Saturday, I am having a very rewarding time doing some testing on a new Arousor rev. This is the stuff that makes me feel a bit like a benevolent mad scientist... ...as opposed to the hours of emailing and documenting I usually do every day. Ha. Even though the tests are tedious and a bit circular, the process is made more enjoyable by the specialized tools we have assembled over the years. Especially when you are trying to do something new... and it appears to actually work!

I will be posting some info about the upcoming NYC AES in the next few days. Jules from Gearlutz will be there and I am excited to see him and some of the crew.

Have a stellar weekend everyone!
Will this ever get a Brit mode?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Will this ever get a Brit mode?
+1
It would be awesome to have it.
Old 1 week ago
The Distressor's "daddy"

Aes nyc

Friends!

We hope some of you will stop by our booth 248 at the upcoming AES in the Javitz Center NYC. Come play with any of our gear and watch a few pros show how they use our hardware and software.

The Exhibitor hours are Wed - Friday, Oct 16 - 18, 10AM to 6PM except on Friday, when the show closes earlier at 4PM.

Get your free passes at bit.ly/eliaes19

Old 4 days ago
The Distressor's "daddy"

Arousor sale

In Conjunction with the NYC AES and a minor Revision release, Empirical Labs is happy to announce a Sale for the Arousor at $149. Starts today!

I will update this with some fancy graphics, but wanted to get the word out. It's a good time to improve your mixes and have fun doing it.

Get the Arousor at $149 with the discount at Checkout, and upgrade to Rev 2.21.

http://www.empiricallabs.com/arousor.html
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Derr View Post
In Conjunction with the NYC AES and a minor Revision release, Empirical Labs is happy to announce a Sale for the Arousor at $149. Starts today!

I will update this with some fancy graphics, but wanted to get the word out. It's a good time to improve your mixes and have fun doing it.

Get the Arousor at $149 with the discount at Checkout, and upgrade to Rev 2.21.

http://www.empiricallabs.com/arousor.html
Finally
Old 3 days ago
Bypass Anything is hottt...

Can’t wait for opto and brit modes
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search