The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Major Compressor Plugin From Empirical Labs - AROUSOR
Old 14th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes View Post
What is supposed to be coming in Rev3?
Auto-perfect presets. There's no need to know anything about compressors, or even anything audio. That's prehistoric talk. Like me.
Just slap an auto perfect preset on there, and you'll be fine.

(not meant for you at all, Henrik)

Last edited by Denny McNerney; 14th February 2019 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: zombo
Old 14th February 2019
Old 14th February 2019
Not to speculate too much, but it looks like the big Rev3 feature will be a new mode — whether it’s opto, or Brit, or some derivation thereof, is anybody’s guess. But I’m sure it’s going to be killer!
Old 15th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny McNerney View Post
Auto-perfect presets. There's no need to know anything about compressors, or even anything audio. That's prehistoric talk. Like me.
Just slap an auto perfect preset on there, and you'll be fine.
So it's a Distressor OneKnob?
Old 15th February 2019
Lives for gear

No... it's a no knob. no adjustable parameters.

auto-perfect.
Old 27th February 2019
Old 27th February 2019
Lives for gear

Get arousor. It's good for you.
Old 28th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmix View Post
Not to speculate too much, but it looks like the big Rev3 feature will be a new mode — whether it’s opto, or Brit, or some derivation thereof, is anybody’s guess. But I’m sure it’s going to be killer!
Opto mode is coming!

Source: Under the Hood of the Empirical Labs Arousor Plug-in with Dave Derr
Old 28th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
Fantastic news. High hopes for that mode!

Quote:
Well first of all, Rev 3.0 is eminent and will introduce Opto, which is great for vocals. I can tell you that. I kept looking at all these features, and I said, “Wow. If I try to put all these into Rev 1.0, Rev 1.0 is not gonna be out for four or five years.” So a big part of it was paring down the huge feature set we envisioned, and in doing so, we quickly ran into issues like backwards compatibility. If you introduce a feature down the line and then somebody loads an old session with a previous rev, you cannot have it break that session. You can’t have their session change. People will kill you. So we came up with this term—a general concept—called “evolutional technology”. Kind of a generic-sounding term, but it was fairly specific in what it required from us, in that you provide for all these features in such that they’re backwards compatible.
Great to see this kind of attitude.
Old 28th February 2019
Gear Addict

Excellent! The only thing I miss about a Distressor is Opto mode. So stoked.
Old 28th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Wow looking forward to opto. My favorite swiss army comp gets even better!! Hoping the ilok update gets out the way and we can get our hands on it soon.
Old 9th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes View Post
Good luck with this. It's probably worth paying $70 more to avoid dealing with Avid's incompetence.

I just bought the Arousor compressor an hour ago and there's no means of downloading the software (I followed their instructions to the letter). I have confirmation, it shows in my Avid order history. No way to download it.
Old 9th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
Good luck with this. It's probably worth paying $70 more to avoid dealing with Avid's incompetence.

I just bought the Arousor compressor an hour ago and there's no means of downloading the software (I followed their instructions to the letter). I have confirmation, it shows in my Avid order history. No way to download it.
Why don’t you download it from EmpiricalLabs.com?
Old 9th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
Why don’t you download it from EmpiricalLabs.com?
According to the confirmation, I'm supposed to download it from my Avid account (it says only Arousors used for the Avid Venue should go to the Empirical Lab site).

I'm certainly willing to give it a try. Do you have specific knowledge that this should work, or just guessing?
Old 9th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
According to the confirmation, I'm supposed to download it from my Avid account (it says only Arousors used for the Avid Venue should go to the Empirical Lab site).

I'm certainly willing to give it a try. Do you have specific knowledge that this should work, or just guessing?
Yes, it should work.
Old 9th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
Yes, it should work.
Thanks JSV. Actually, before going to the EL site, I checked my Avid account this morning and it was now on there (I guess Avid's IT system was a little slow last night). I'm good, and appreciate you responding.

Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear

any news on Rev 3? Seems like it's been close to dropping for a year now.
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

Gonna get a year sub, $49 for a year and then I'll buy it on a sale sometime I think.
Old 7th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
any news on Rev 3? Seems like it's been close to dropping for a year now.
What is V3 supposed to bring, OPTO mode ?
Old 7th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
What is V3 supposed to bring, OPTO mode ?
Yup! If it gets near TimP's (Nebula) Opto 32 I think my head will explode.
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Maniac

I kind of expect rev 3 to drop around the end of this year... free updates til 2020.
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear
Can someone provide links to good tutorials on this? I know Dave had some, and other good ones?
Old 4 weeks ago
Fingers crossed that V3 brings british mode
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search