The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tokyo Dawn Labs NOVA & NOVA GE Dynamic Equalizers
Old 18th November 2015
Lives for gear

Tokyo Dawn Labs NOVA & NOVA GE Dynamic Equalizers

Old 18th November 2015
Gear Nut

just woke up and saw this.
i will try it for sure
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Addict

Wow
Old 18th November 2015
Lives for gear

Love the original, can't wait to try this one..

Damn, the UI has come a long way! :D
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Nut

GE Edition i s great
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Wow, very impressive. As far as I know, this is the first freeware dynamic equalizer available (Correct me if I'm wrong). Great job, and great price on the gentlemans edition.
Old 18th November 2015
I'm super stoked to try this tomorrow after work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncite View Post
Wow, very impressive. As far as I know, this is the first freeware dynamic equalizer available (Correct me if I'm wrong). Great job, and great price on the gentlemans edition.
This is based on this:

https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/plugins/nova67p/
Old 18th November 2015
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Addict

Wow this look super cool. Can't wait to compare it to Hofa, Ozone and Melda dyn eq.
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Nut
Woke up and bought it right away. Before even read the manual.
Blind trust to TDR.

Going to test it after a couple of coffees.
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Nut
Aaaaand it's awesome.
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Head

incredibly useful!
Old 18th November 2015
Lives for gear

This looks like Vladg has ported a bit of his Nova67P to TDR's Nova, knowing they work together on products.
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Nut

First few minutes with this, and it sounds really great!
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Maniac

I have the other Ge versions, Eq and comp, and bought this right away. Its sounds awesome, and it's very well thought out! Incredible feature set with some new possibilities. To be explored.
Q: is it possible to solo bands. Couldn't find it in the manual.
Old 18th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Wow this look super cool. Can't wait to compare it to Hofa, Ozone and Melda dyn eq.
it sounds softer/smoother.
Old 18th November 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oøt View Post
I have the other Ge versions, Eq and comp, and bought this right away. Its sounds awesome, and it's very well thought out! Incredible feature set with some new possibilities. To be explored.
@oøt: Try GR DELTA. From the manual:

"GR DELTA (gain reduction difference) allows to "solo" the changes all dynamics processors are currently
providing. This control is greyed out when no dynamics processor is running."
Old 18th November 2015
Lives for gear

Can't wait to try this. The original Nova67p is probably the plug-in I use more than any other. And I'm still finding out new stuff about it.
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncite View Post
ReaFIR
Old 18th November 2015
Awesome stuff, congratulations Fabien and Vlad and thank you for delivering such a nice freebie, superb stuff once again. GE looks awesome as well!
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Maniac

My poor wallet. Just take it.
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
This looks like Vladg has ported a bit of his Nova67P to TDR's Nova, knowing they work together on products.
Speaking of the audio quality "Nova67P" roughly matches the sound of "TDR Nova" in "Eco" mode.

Speaking of the features the main difference between "Nova67P" and "TDR Nova" is the ability to assign different attack/release times to different bands.

Also there are a lot of "not so in your face" tiny differences in audio processing code leading to smoother and less "digital" sound.
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oøt View Post
No it's not. We decided to wait for user reactions and probably add this feature in small future update.

In released version if you want to "focus" yourself on some band just boost it all the way up, the autogain will compensate loudness change and you'll just force this band to dominate.

Also if bands are not so close to each other this trick may help, set wideband gain to minimum.
Old 18th November 2015
Lives for gear

Love it - wonderful this has finally been released!

About soloing bands: Please include a "bandpass listen" feature (quite a few parametric eq's have it and it's just so useful, NOVA shouldn't be without it). Ctrl / Alt. click in the frequency graph (or whatever short-cut) activates the bandpass filter, very good for finding areas that need special attention like resonances etc.

Moreover it would be wonderful if an update could expand the filters, especially a band-shelf filter would be delightful.

Had problems in Wavelab with the original Nova67P, but so far no hiccups at all with the new one.

So glad for new NOVA - definitely getting the GE version

::
Mads
Old 18th November 2015
Heb
Gear Maniac
Great plugin!
+1 for solo band.

There seems to be a bug with the high and lowpass when in ECO mode, the highpass is not cutting lows as expected and the lowpass slope is greyed out (but changeable).
Can anyone confirm this bug?
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Nut

Is there a way to vary the comp threshold Q leaving the filter unchanged?

Thanks
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb View Post
Great plugin!
There seems to be a bug with the high and lowpass when in ECO mode, the highpass is not cutting lows as expected and the lowpass slope is greyed out (but changeable).
Low-pass filter functionality is limited in ECO mode (only 1 slope) and also the range is limited. This due to the reason in ECO mode filters (excluding HPF) work as original Nova67P had with their limitations (original Nova67P had only 1 LPF slope). We forgot to mention about it in the manual.
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb View Post
the highpass is not cutting lows as expected
Thanks for the report! We'll check this.
Old 18th November 2015
Heb
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
Low-pass filter functionality is limited in ECO mode (only 1 slope) and also the range is limited. This due to the reason in ECO mode filters (excluding HPF) work as original Nova67P had with their limitations (original Nova67P had only 1 LPF slope). We forgot to mention about it in the manual.
Ok, thanks for the info.
Old 18th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Mastering View Post
Is there a way to vary the comp threshold Q leaving the filter unchanged?

Thanks
No, it's restricted by design:

The dynamic module operates after band's bandpass filter thus sharing the same Q.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search