The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
u b k does namm... i am your eyes and ears
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
for those who don't have the pleasure of hearing this puppy alchemize the room and the drums into one homogenous mass of buttery love, i give you the zener...
Now that has to be one of the great quotes of the year!
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiMattMatt View Post
Hey, u b k...

In the spirit of the title of your post (and in the spirit of James Bond), would you be kind enough to provide the following service:

Would you stop by the Apple booth once again, identify an employee to your liking,
UBK

I hope you are happy with starting this tread! Very demading position you have put yourself in!

As far as your sexual preference, I don't care but I would have asked you to find the most attractive female employee in the Apple booth for such a covert operation. Preferable one who looks like last year Idol Katharine McPhee, who has apparently been working out lately. I though she was a hot before but now...WOW!! she looks damn sexy!!

Check out the pic on the right here. dfegad
http://www.katharinemcphee.com/site/

API...API...API???
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash View Post
Hi,

Please, tell us what's new from Waves ?

V-Series Bundle for sale later this this year (without that Mercury...) ?

And please ask them about the L4 scheduled for this year (that's what they said in an email).

Thanks mate,
Julien

also interested.......
Old 19th January 2007
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin-gear View Post
Preferable one who looks like last year Idol Katharine McPhee, who has apparently been working out lately. I though she was a hot before but now...WOW!! she looks damn sexy!!

Check out the pic on the right here. dfegad
http://www.katharinemcphee.com/site/
Way off topic, but I concur. Good before and after, which doesn't happen all that often in life.
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Addict

u b k ! if you got the time bro, can u swing by ssl's stand and tweak some knobs on the new duende plugin drumstrip? it looks mighty interesting i must say. would be interesting to get some insight on if it sounds as unique as it looks. thanks.
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Guru

and we are BACK

good day gentlemen, let the festivities continue!

i've got one or two things to post, then i'm off to snap some pix of the new rhodes, get some details on the 2-la2a, hit up waves for anything juicy, then find API and bask in the glory.

stay tuned!

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

UBK and all the rest of you Slutz following this NAMM thread,

In regard to my earlier post about the Katharine McPhee thing, I did not mean any disrespect to UBK or to skid way off topic from this cool and generous thread. I am following this and HOPING that we will get some good news on the (future?) release of the API 1604 reissue console. I was reading MattiMattMatt's very well written short story/request for news on Logic 8 and simply got carried away…

My apologies.

API please UBK?

Regards, Jeff
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

damn, there must be some funky analoge consoles?...

P L E A S E ! check this new tape emulation thingy (anamod?) and tell us your first impressions...heh
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Guru

new pro tools plugs

here are the new pt plugs. they're claiming 3 to 4 months until they're ready, you can get the tape saturation plug by itself for $300, or all 3 plugs for $400.

i heard the tape sim plug, and i have to say it sounds pretty decent. lots of fun and interesting ways to add quite a variety of distortions to the sound, can be subtle, can be very over the top. it has a grungy dirty vibe to it, it's not a sansamp kind of fuzz, it's thicker.

is it a credible replacement for a studer? no. it does not begin to do the tonal sweetening that tape does; however, it's a very credible simulation of the kind of transient leveling tape gives you, so you can clamp down on drums or guitars without compressor-style pumping. would i use it? undoubtedly. will i sell the studer? unthinkable.

the flanger plug, well, the demo material was not really what i want to hear, so i can't speak to it. if only they'd put up a great vocal track, or a sweet clean guitar track. can't win 'em all i guess.

the tape slap delay plug is cool. it's actually very cool, and i want it. very flexible, lots of fun. what more can i say?
Attached Thumbnails
u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-protoolsplugslow.jpg  
Old 19th January 2007
500 series nutjob

is it true BLUE has a new mic?
u b k can you check and see.
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
is it a credible replacement for a studer? no. it does not begin to do the tonal sweetening that tape does; however, it's a very credible simulation of the kind of transient leveling tape gives you, so you can clamp down on drums or guitars without compressor-style pumping. would i use it? undoubtedly. will i sell the studer? unthinkable.
thanks u b k. what studer do you have BTW? and how would you compare the plug to cranesong phoenix?
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Guru

sweet focals!

dangerous music has a gorgeous surround setup, the whole rig sounds amazing!

chris is a zealot when it comes to accuracy and transparency, his gear is all designed with it in mind; apparently he feels safe demoing it all thru these speakers. i trust my own judgment, but it's always a good feeling when other guys with scrutinous ears share my tastes...
Attached Thumbnails
u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-focaldangerouslow.jpg  
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Guru

new blue... it's a ribbon!

the gents at blue were very indulgent and let me have a sneak peek at their latest baby. but they wanted me to stress that this is a PROTOTYPE; it was hand-stained, and they're still not sure what grill finish they'll end up with.

they're hoping for an april-ish release date, and the target price is $1299.
Attached Thumbnails
u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-blueribbon2lo.jpg   u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-bluemics2lo.jpg  
Old 19th January 2007
C/G
Lives for gear

Is the final product going to be made of wood also? Interesting.

Is it a fig. 8 or directional?

Hopefuly they will ditch the gold metalwork. I wonder what that thing sounds like?
Old 19th January 2007
500 series nutjob

Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

gregoire,

I'll be on the floor tomorrow during the day. It would be grand to meet up with you and say hello, and generally geek out a bit.
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

actually would be great to find out if and when soundtoys will have au's available. not seeing any solid info online.
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Guru

RHODES!!!!!!

holy schmokes, these things blew me away. the one the guy was playing sounded like a perfect blend of the late 70's chimey and the early 70's growly. not as much bark, not as much cheesy tinkle. right in the middle... sweet!

it's hard to convey how cool they look as well. you'll just have to settle for the pix.
Attached Thumbnails
u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-rhodes3.jpg   u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-rhodes4.jpg   u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-rhodes1.jpg   u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-rhodes2-.jpg  
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Guru

well, i got more rhodesy goodness, but gearslutz is giving me all kinds of attachment errors. i'll lope off to the api booth, hopefully things will work better when i return.
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
well, i got more rhodesy goodness, but gearslutz is giving me all kinds of attachment errors. i'll lope off to the api booth, hopefully things will work better when i return.
Why oh why does the new Rhodes have a CURVED TOP?? Changing to a flat top so you could easily stack another keyboard on your Rhodes was one of the only real improvements ever made to the instrument IMO. Why would they go back to the curved top?? Bah !

DP
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Peck View Post
Why oh why does the new Rhodes have a CURVED TOP?? Changing to a flat top so you could easily stack another keyboard on your Rhodes was one of the only real improvements ever made to the instrument IMO. Why would they go back to the curved top?? Bah !

DP
Why oh why is it so ugly in general?
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear
Awesome topic, thanks!
Old 19th January 2007
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM View Post
Why oh why is it so ugly in general?

The red one is sort of cool in a Logan's Run kind of way.
Old 19th January 2007
that hood just calls for some spraypainting.. or rearview mirrors if you're a funny guy.
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Looks like that big red Wurly... I mean Rhodes is going for a sexy Nord look. Now they just need to add some drawbars...
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher View Post
The red one is sort of cool in a Logan's Run kind of way.
Exactly my thought -- except my immediate reference was Clockwork Orange.

70s retro-futurism stuff.

I dig it. I'd like to have one.
Old 19th January 2007
500 series nutjob

oh man i want the red one!
that looks sharp to me
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Guru

more electric piano goodness...
Attached Thumbnails
u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-roads5a.jpg   u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-roads6a.jpg   u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-roads7a.jpg  
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Addict

Is Focal going high???

Quote:
dangerous music has a gorgeous surround setup, the whole rig sounds amazing!

chris is a zealot when it comes to accuracy and transparency, his gear is all designed with it in mind; apparently he feels safe demoing it all thru these speakers. i trust my own judgment, but it's always a good feeling when other guys with scrutinous ears share my tastes...

Wow!! seems that Focal are making big waves with Sony Oxford and Dangerous!
If these big guys that have such a high standards in audio quality decided to use Focal monitors at the NAAM to show their products .... Mmmmh I guess Focal must sound good!
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Guru

last of the new vintage keys

api and waves comin' up!
Attached Thumbnails
u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-roads9a.jpg   u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-roads10a.jpg   u b k  does namm... i am your eyes and ears-roads8b.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search