The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
KRK Rokit 10-3 G3 / 3-way studio monitor
Old 11th November 2015

Value-packed Three-way Monitor

The KRK Rokit 10-3 G3 has separate LF, MF, and HF drivers to cover a wide frequency range, with electronic crossovers that virtually eliminate phase incoherence, guaranteeing fatigue-free listening sessions. The design allows the most important part of the frequency spectrum - the midrange - to be reproduced by a separate driver, resulting in an incredibly neutral midrange response that's critical for proper placement of lead vocals and solo instruments in your mix. The Rokit 10-3's discrete Class A/B tri-amp system delivers 86 watts for low frequencies, 32 watts for the mids, and 30 for the highs. You'll enjoy incredibly wide dynamic range, very fast transient response, and an exceptionally sharp stereo image with the value-packed KRK Rokit 10-3 G3.

KRK Rokit 10-3 G3 at a Glance:

Flexible placement for easy integration
Curved baffle eliminates diffraction distortion

Flexible placement for easy integration.

KRK gave the Rokit 10-3 G3 Axis Control, which lets you rotate the midrange/tweeter baffle for either vertical or horizontal placement for easy integration into your studio space. The Rokit 10-3 G3 is a midfield monitor, with a recommended operating distance between one and four meters, which means that, based on your room size and setup, you can even use them as nearfields with excellent results.

Curved baffle eliminates diffraction distortion

With its front-firing port, the Rokit 10-3 G3 is shape optimized to reduce boundary coupling and turbulence, while rigid glass-Aramid composite woofer and midrange cones deliver outstanding transient response and accurate reproduction of vocals. The 1" Neodymium soft silk-dome tweeter is set into a specially designed waveguide that maximizes detail and crisp imaging by optimizing directivity and phase response, while ferro-fluid damping and cooling is used to control tweeter distortion and heat dissipation. It all adds up to superb monitoring accuracy across the frequency spectrum.

More info here ROKIT RP10-3 Studio Monitors Speaker KRK SYSTEMS

Street price is 499,50$, you can check it here KRK Rokit 10-3 G3 | Sweetwater.com and is available right now.
Attached Thumbnails
KRK Rokit 10-3 G3 / 3-way studio monitor-rokit-10-3-3.png   KRK Rokit 10-3 G3 / 3-way studio monitor-rokit-10-3-2.png   KRK Rokit 10-3 G3 / 3-way studio monitor-rokit-10-3-1.png  
Old 11th November 2015
Lives for gear

These look nice

Old 12th November 2015
Lives for gear

I use the older Rokit 3 way for my Smart Tv, works very well.
Old 13th November 2015
Gear Head

So whats new here? Any differences between G2 and G3 other than the port hole shape?
Old 13th November 2015
There are a few improvements on the amps (also you get 8 extra watts, check the pdf on the website for this) and an updated voicing so they are more accurate than the older version. Some people have used them and most agree they are very good working tools, totally different than the 2-way models.
Old 13th November 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
There are a few improvements on the amps (also you get 8 extra watts, check the pdf on the website for this) and an updated voicing so they are more accurate than the older version. Some people have used them and most agree they are very good working tools, totally different than the 2-way models.
Thanks! I've used a pair of the G1s for years and love them. I swapped the 4580D JRC chip on the main board for an AD8512 on a browndog adapter two years ago and they really opened up. These are best deal for monitors available IMHO.
Old 13th November 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsandcymbals8 View Post
Thanks! I've used a pair of the G1s for years and love them. I swapped the 4580D JRC chip on the main board for an AD8512 on a browndog adapter two years ago and they really opened up. These are best deal for monitors available IMHO.
Can you explain a little bit deeper this mod or if is out there any website showing it? I'm always interested on all of those DIY mods
Old 13th November 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Can you explain a little bit deeper this mod or if is out there any website showing it? I'm always interested on all of those DIY mods
This is an easy mod thanks to the through-hole board circuit board. Unscrew the back panel to get to the main board which has a single 4580D on it. I removed this chip and installed an AD8512 on a browndog adapter. Lots of youtube videos on desoldering out there. The AD8512 has about 4 times the slewrate and sounds much better. Sonic benefits include much more accurate transients and improved micro dynamics. Sounds like a veil was lifted. One of these days I'll get around to upgrading the caps. Easy and cheap mod for this speaker.
Old 13th November 2015
Quote:
This is an easy mod thanks to the through-hole board circuit board. Unscrew the back panel to get to the main board which has a single 4580D on it. I removed this chip and installed an AD8512 on a browndog adapter. Lots of youtube videos on desoldering out there. The AD8512 has about 4 times the slewrate and sounds much better. Sonic benefits include much more accurate transients and improved micro dynamics. Sounds like a veil was lifted. One of these days I'll get around to upgrading the caps. Easy and cheap mod for this speaker.
Great mate, don't forget to make a photo documentary next time
Old 18th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Need to check in to that!!!
Old 1st August 2016
Gear Addict

This would be good for tv and for checking a club vibe...

Really nice design (not necceseseary at all but)...
Old 1st August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by veks View Post
This would be good for tv and for checking a club vibe...

Really nice design (not necceseseary at all but)...
RP-10s have a very different vibe from the Rokit series, indeed they are very good for mixing.
Old 2nd August 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
RP-10s have a very different vibe from the Rokit series, indeed they are very good for mixing.
Actually a subwoofer would perform the same thing I believe. It's a shame not to watch movies on such a speaker but in the end of the day I don't care for it anymore (unplug and forget).
Old 2nd August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by veks View Post
Actually a subwoofer would perform the same thing I believe. It's a shame not to watch movies on such a speaker but in the end of the day I don't care for it anymore (unplug and forget).
This model is different voiced than the normal Rokit series. I didn't tried the latest G3, but did the previous one and it was better than the VXT, not only for the extended bass of course, but for the accuracy in general.
Old 2nd August 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
This model is different voiced than the normal Rokit series. I didn't tried the latest G3, but did the previous one and it was better than the VXT, not only for the extended bass of course, but for the accuracy in general.

Yes, G3 is much more expensive.Used G2 would be steal.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search